New Member Introductions thread
Nov 28, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #6,901 of 15,538
Hello! New here! I love listening to music...almost anything. Looking for help in buying new headphones. Bought some a few months ago from Amazon... They are okay...
Which ones did you get and what do you want them to do better?

Nov 28, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #6,902 of 15,538
Which ones did you get and what do you want them to do better?

I ordered the Kingstar Sports Bluetooth Headphones S5. They work okay. The sound is pretty decent for songs with singers, but it sucks when listening to instrumental music (like symphony, Secret Garden, etc.) I thought the design might hurt my ears, but it's actually really comfortable! Basically, the base and background noise aren't very clear. It's just a mediocre pair of headphones.

I'd like to get a better pair, and prices seem to be pretty reasonable on Gearbest! :) My budget is $15 to $20. I want to be able to have good quality sound in the headphones, but not have them weigh a lot. I also want them to be wireless. I need to be able to use them with my computer, too. If the headphones have the option to attach a cord so I can directly connect them to my computer, that would be awesome! I was originally looking at these on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/iJoy-Recharg...9704&sr=8-5&keywords=wireless+headphones&th=1

I definitely don't want the headphones to break or not work after just a few months. :xf_mad: I don't care if the headphones are in-ear or over-the-ear.

Nov 29, 2017 at 5:21 AM Post #6,903 of 15,538
Hello my name is Robert and I'm very new here. After reading here for quite a while I finally decided to make an account.

I do enjoy listening to music a lot and this seems a good place to browse for or ask for advice if I ever thought about upgrading my very modest current setup.

Nov 29, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #6,905 of 15,538
Hi everyone, I am 2 channel guy who wants to learn more about high-end headphones/ DACs... Looking forward to participating

Thanks,
Scott

Nov 29, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #6,906 of 15,538
Hi folks,

My name is Josh, a 37 year old guy with a 9-5, live in Jersey, and father of a newborn son :)

Historically, I'm an outdoors guy (bushcraft/backpacking, skiing, and photography), but my 7 weeks old son will likely keep me mostly indoors for at least the next year. So I decided to get into some high(er) quality equipment for listening to music. Always loved listening to music since I was little (little bit of everything from R&B, mostly 90s hip hop, classical, jazz, Korean ballad, and just starting to get into EDM and Epic music). I bought my Senn HD 595 over 10 years ago, and that stayed as my endgame all this time (and without even a dac/amp...I know I know sigh....). Truth be told, I was never in love with it as I found it a bit fatiguing after hour or so, but I had other things to spend money on. So after being recently been domesticated, I just recently acquired the Massdrop version of HD650 and a Beyer DT 1990 Pro, and Audio gd r2r 11 will be delivered tomorrow.

Joining the forum to mostly learn from all you guys and gals, and to get as much "dirt time" with my newly acquired equipment to get to a point where I have a solid understanding of what I'm listening to and what I personally like and don't like. The ultimate goal is to acquire my personal end game equipment for the next 10 years :) (and if the recently acquired equipment turn out to be it, I'll be perfectly happy not having to drop several grand on TOTL cans and dac/amp - although I do definitely wanna try the tuuuuubes).

thanks for reading!

Josh

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2017 at 3:26 AM Post #6,907 of 15,538
Hello started my journey with the original Chinese cheap stunner ro2pro2 and koss portapros.

This quickly escalated to audio technica AD900s and brainwavz b2s.

My current go to is the fostex th610 and the etymotic ER4 XR (amazing!)

I’ve realised I love the immersion of iems and the ability to listen to them anywhere and the quality of iems today is incredible.

Looking for end game iems but also decided to order the most recent Brainwavz b400 to see what they could do for $160 US dollars (you have to admit that’s insane for four drivers!)

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #6,909 of 15,538
Hi everyone, I just new here and want to know more about headphones especially iems. Looking forward to share with you my listening experience.
My current iem is u18 tzar, I want to compare it to other flagships, I think it's the iem with highest sound quality temporarily. It's great to be here to learn more.Thanks!

Nov 30, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #6,910 of 15,538
Hey new here. Been reading for a long time, but just decided to create an account now.

Currently using some Sennheisers HD555 that I bought for 40 used and modded into 595s. Not much, but I was on a budget at the time and it got me hooked.

Now I need to find myself some decent closed cans to use at work

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #6,911 of 15,538
Hello everyone I'm new here :). signed up just now, looking for help.

I'm looking for an 'In-Ear' earphones for my girlfriend birthday.
I recently bought the htc u11 and used the earphones included with the box (HTC USonic) myself,
and was kinda surprised by their quality, So I told my gf to try them herself with her own personal audio profile
created by the phone's software and boy, the smile on her face said it all.
She just couldn't stop smiling and saying how perfect the bass is and how good every song she hears is.

And that's what I want to get her (if possible even better). But i'm having hard time choosing the right earphones..
I searched the internet for similar earphones or any kind of branding that htc used on their earphones but i couldn't find anything related..

My budget is around 100-120$ and I found these earphones that had really good reviews:

- Sennheiser CX 300 II
- Sennheiser Momentum G
- RHA MA750
- Sony MDR XB50AP
- Shure SE215-CL

So I need help choosing the right earphones (any of the above or better) that will blow her mind.
Any kind of help would be appreciated ! Thanks!!

Nov 30, 2017 at 11:30 PM Post #6,913 of 15,538
Hey, I'm a headphone-addicted guy in Washington, DC. I've been into audiophile stuff going back ten years or so, but I took a break for a few years and my logins to Head Fi and Audiogon expired. I have Focal Elears, Senn HD 650s and 660s, Oppo PM-3s, and Hifiman HE 560s. Looking forward to learning more from these forums.

Dec 1, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #6,914 of 15,538
Hello, I am new to the audiophile world but have been reading, listening and learning for a few months now since I decided to get invested.

I live in China so I’ve so far enjoyed getting both equipment that’s kind of normal, as well as stuff that I can’t find any English information about. This has ended up with me playing around with a lot of weird customer made stuff bought online or in electronic markets around the place.

For my less unusual listening time I decided to start with a pair of T90s and then quickly grabbed some Focal Elears. Then I decided I needed some IEMs for the commute to work so now have Andromedas! I want to grab some Meze Classics and then a high end Planar next. I’m also busy upgrading all my source files, looking st DAPs and playing around with a mojo.

Hope to learn and contribute lots in the future :)

Dec 1, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #6,915 of 15,538
Hey, I'm a headphone-addicted guy in Washington, DC. I've been into audiophile stuff going back ten years or so, but I took a break for a few years and my logins to Head Fi and Audiogon expired. I have Focal Elears, Senn HD 650s and 660s, Oppo PM-3s, and Hifiman HE 560s. Looking forward to learning more from these forums.
wow you are doing really good on the headphone front! Have fun learning here (I sure have).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back