New Member Introductions thread
Dec 1, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #6,916 of 15,418
Hey, I'm a headphone-addicted guy in Washington, DC. I've been into audiophile stuff going back ten years or so, but I took a break for a few years and my logins to Head Fi and Audiogon expired. I have Focal Elears, Senn HD 650s and 660s, Oppo PM-3s, and Hifiman HE 560s. Looking forward to learning more from these forums.
Well welcome @dcguy73 . Hope you enjoy your stay here. You should also be aware there are a some meets in the DC area and have met several Head-Fi’ers from the area at other meets and they all have been just great people and also have very good gear. You might want to take a look at the Local/Regional Meets forums ever now and then as I think they do two a year or so.

Dec 1, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #6,917 of 15,418
I'm from Singapore. I joined Head-fi in 2009 but didn't really post anything until now (was just lurking in the background). Getting more serious into audiophile world recently. Have a home setup but getting a little bit too expensive to my liking. Decided to go the headphone path. Starting small and will upgrade along the way. You can see my gear at my signature below. Really glad to join this community.

Dec 1, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #6,918 of 15,418
I'm from Singapore. I joined Head-fi in 2009 but didn't really post anything until now (was just lurking in the background). Getting more serious into audiophile world recently. Have a home setup but getting a little bit too expensive to my liking. Decided to go the headphone path. Starting small and will upgrade along the way. You can see my gear at my signature below. Really glad to join this community.
Glad to have you hope you enjoy your stay.

Dec 2, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #6,920 of 15,418
Hi, I'm from Malaysia. I'm quite new to the HiFi scene (almost a year now) and have finally decided to join other fellow audiophiles here.
Hopefully I can learn a trick or two since believe I still have a lot to learn.

I'm currently using FAD Pandora Hope VI (Sonorous VI) with iFi Micro iDsd Black Label - going to expand my collection as time passes by :D

Dec 3, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #6,924 of 15,418
Hi everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've been into fairly high quality audio for many years now and have my dad to thank for this obsession / curse :)

Currently i have a pair of HD600s, some Powerbeats 3 (Not the best i know but they work well for the gym as they stay in my ears). Home Audio wise i have a Musical Fidelity integrated amp and a pair of LS50s, which are amazing.

Adam

Dec 3, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #6,925 of 15,418
Hi Everybody,

Great to be here! I’m a composer and producer from the Netherlands and although I’ve been working with sound and music professionally for over 15 years, I just recently developed a serious passion for (circumaural) headphones.
My headgear up unfill now:

-Sennheiser HD 580
-Sennheiser HD 590
-Sennheiser HD 449
-AKG K240 mkII
-Sony mdr-7506

Untill next time! :L3000:

Best regards,
Methylion

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #6,926 of 15,418
Hello, I'm brand new to hi-fi audio and came here looking for information on entry-level gear. So far, I'm just looking for an excellent audio experience on my home desktop PC with open-back headphones for gaming and compressed music via Spotify. I don't want to invest hundreds and hundreds of dollars; I just want high quality, affordable gear to wet my beak.
I bought the beyerdynamic DT 990 Pros on Black Friday and have been using them with my motherboard audio (Asus Maximus VIII Hero). I think they sound great and much better than the Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver I was using previously, but am looking into a DAC/amp as I have heard that can further improve listening quality. They are plenty loud, but I do get the occasional crackling and popping.

Dec 3, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #6,927 of 15,418
Hey guys and gals. I'm a long time lurker who decided it was time to join. I am a novice headphone guy who is looking to buy his first proper Dac/Amp and I used your reviews to make my decision. I'm no expert and I don't think I have Golden Ears, but I love a nice recording on quality gear. My headphone progression has been:

Audio Technica AD700
AKG Q701
Hifi-man HE 500
Sennheiser HD800

I've been running an Asus Xonar Essence STX and just ordered an Audio-GD Dac/Amp to replace it. I do a lot of PC gaming with my phones and some time listening to music rather uncritically. I've been very pleased with the information I have gleaned from everyone here and I hope that some day I can in some way pay it back.

Thanks again for all of the information you have shared and I look forward to becoming part of the community.

Cheers!

-Zigba

Users who are viewing this thread

Back