New Member Introductions thread
Dec 4, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #6,932 of 15,539
You can do A LOT worse then the HD800! industry standard for a long long time... Make sure you get the chance to demo them first if you haven't already. They are a very analytical headphone and sometimes that isn't what suits the individuals taste. I am actually listening to them as I type this. Got it hooked up to a Rogue RH5 amp and Chord Mojo! I like adding a little bit of warmth to them to really make them sing for my ears. Enjoy the journey with this hobby

I actually had the chance to try the HD800S today! Not sure how it compares to the HD800 since that wasn't available to demo, but to be very honest my ears didn't really notice any difference.
Got to try also the HD600/650 as well, and when comparing them with the HD800S I did notice a bit more soundstage coming from the 800S though, but not by much.
Makes me wonder if the newer model was altered in some way.

Other than that great cans! Hope to own some one day :D

Dec 4, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #6,933 of 15,539
I actually had the chance to try the HD800S today! Not sure how it compares to the HD800 since that wasn't available to demo, but to be very honest my ears didn't really notice any difference.
Got to try also the HD600/650 as well, and when comparing them with the HD800S I did notice a bit more soundstage coming from the 800S though, but not by much.
Makes me wonder if the newer model was altered in some way.

Other than that great cans! Hope to own some one day :D
To me the differences with the hd800s to hd800 are minimal. Basically just more bass with the hd800s and maybe less of a “thin” sound? Aka slightly more meat on the bones. At the end of the day it wasn’t as big as a difference as I was expecting.

Dec 4, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #6,934 of 15,539
Hello everybody! I'm Alexander, a great fan of music and quality equipment! I started my path with Beyerdynamic DT990, then I owned Audese 2.3 .. Hifiman 500, Stax-007, now my only love is the Abyss 1266. :)
Best regards to everyone and a good sound!

Dec 5, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #6,935 of 15,539
Hello everyone! I am Kevin and started getting into headphones about a year ago when I bought my first pair of headphones, the Ausdom M08. In a year, I have added more chi-fi to my collection, trying out the Tennmak pro, the KZ ZS6, the Monk+, and the Yincrow X6. I also added some Audio Technica to my collection, with the ATH-A900, and the ATH-CKR70 (My current favorite!).

I am from Canada but have been living in Japan for a good 5 years. Right now I am really enjoying flat-head earbuds, and the earbuds roundup thread lead me here when I was looking for an endgame type earbud, to have a good set of IEMs, over-ears, and earbuds.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #6,936 of 15,539
Hi all, been reading these forums for a few years and have finally joined, hopefully I can add some thoughts and impressions on the iem's, headphones and Daps I own. I've recently sold off all my home equipment (Rega Brio, Rega DAC and PMC Twenty 23's) as I use portable gear now.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #6,937 of 15,539
Hi all, my name is Michel-Olivier and I live in Martinique a little french island on the caribean sea. I have a happy owner of a pair of logitech z5500, both connected by the same pod using an Y cable but one of them doesn't turn on anymore that's why I'am here. Hope you guys will help me find the problem. Sorry for my english. I will try to find a solution through the forum and if not, I will open one. Thanks you.

Dec 6, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #6,939 of 15,539
Hello,
Another new guy, the name is Ryan.
I am an amateur musician (I play the sax) and love music, I have been growing in my passion (and my budget) for high fidelity music and I would love to learn more and bounce thoughts and ideas off of people that are more versed in this than I am.

Dec 7, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #6,944 of 15,539
Hey,
I'm a broke college student. Non-audiophile. My entire audio experience is, pretty much, monoprice 8320 (9927, specifically). Like, 5 pairs of them over 3 years, loved to literal death.
Nothing fancy.
I'm finally planning to spend more than a broken quarter on my gear. Like, ~60 bucks. [applause]
And i'm brave enough to assume I won't wake up 3 years later, covered in various headphones, none of which are just right. While living on the streets. Dressed in headphones. Eating power amps. Holding a sign: "will review your headphones for letting me listen to your headphones". Yeah. I just need some money for ath-m40x. And se215. And etymic hf5.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back