New Member Introductions thread
Nov 23, 2017 at 9:04 PM Post #6,872 of 15,418
I'm MichaelXX2 and I like hi-fi audio equipment! I joined here because you guys seem to have a rich and active selling forum, and you're more digital-focused than the Steve Hoffman forums I also visit a lot.

Nov 24, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #6,873 of 15,418
My headphone story

1998- college years- Rio mp3 and Sennheiser px200's

2000's upgraded to iPod for storage and itunes music organization. wore them px phones out.

2007- got more serious bought first serious cans. Senn 595 and a airhead amp. Worked great at work.

2010 picked up some Denon d2000 but hardly used due to job duty changes and got out of full size cans for quite a while.

2017 travel more for work and picked up a set of Beyer dt770 32 ohm and got underwhelmed by them. Thought it was weak amp. Just got fiio Q1 mk 2 and beyers still very disappointing. However the HD595 and d2000's never sounded better! Gonna get some replacement earcups for those two and move on.

I still need a full size closed back can!

Nov 24, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #6,876 of 15,418
Hi everyone!
I'm a new member of this fantastic forum.
I'm interested in the Hi-Fi world from 5 years, especially regarding HT. Now I would like to learn more about headphones and audio in general.

I'm Italian, so I'm sorry if my English is not properly correct, I'm still learning. :)
I wish you have fun with this community.

Byeee

Nov 24, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #6,877 of 15,418
Hi all,

I have lurked for years and read lots of the threads which have really helped me learn about quality headphones. So much information buried in these pages. I am appreciative.

My headphone resume is: Sennheiser 6XX, Sennheiser 598 SE, RHA t20i, B&W P7, Sony MDR 1a and Shure 215.

Nov 25, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #6,879 of 15,418
Name's Spencer, I'm new to the world of head-fi.

I've only been interested in high quality audio for about two years now. Early on I tried several entry-level headphones, which, while having immediately noticeable flaws to them, served to unlock a latent appreciation for everything you can listen to through a sweet, sweet pair of cans.

After some time I came to the decision that I needed to take a stab at getting an exemplary set of headphones. But in researching this world of hifi audio it became readily apparent that everybody likes everything and nothing, life is nothing but context and it all has to be perfect but if you could stop chasing that there's something to appreciate in everything.

So I wanted to get something special. Doesn't have to be the best, it just needs to be fun and on a basic level feel like an individual experience. That was when the th-x00 purplehearts showed up on massdrop, something I'd just discovered. I decided to take a chance on that and man do I ever think it paid off. They're awesome. Super fun. During the interminable wait for them to be made and delivered to me the long way round I got an SMSL M6 dac/amp which helped the headphones I already had to my surprised. I had been using the amp in my Scarlett 2i4 , which isn't bad actually, it just ain't got the juice.

After that it was over a year until I made another hifi purchase, deciding it was time to check out open back headphones...

Nov 25, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #6,880 of 15,418
Hello, my name is Erik and of course I am new here. Having been an audio head for conventional stereo setups, and a devoted guitar/amplification gear-head for years I have now become a headphone enthusiast. My brother gave me a Grado SR125e headset for X-mas last year. My first stop was to get a headphone amp. I chose the hybrid tube xDuoo TA-01, as I was looking for an entry level amp. I chose tubes based for their pleasing even-order harmonic distortion. In my search for reviews and technical information on the TA-01, I found this site. That led to Massdrop, and thus my gear acquisition syndrome (G.A.S.) for all things headphone was started.

My current gear:
  • xDuoo TA-01 amp
  • Little Dot mkII amp (awaiting delivery)
  • Grado SR125e
  • Sennheiser HD380 Pro
  • Beyerdynamic DT880
  • AKG K702
  • Sennheiser HD6XX (awaiting delivery)

Nov 25, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #6,881 of 15,418
Hi everyone,
Just joined in. I'm quite the newbie.
I own a iAudio X5L for a long time and a HD-598. I've got a Shanling M3s, a Whizzer A15 plus a HD-6xx on the way.
I'm really excited to be here

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #6,882 of 15,418
Hello folks. My name is Sam and I hope to begin my journey into becoming an audiophile. I've been lurking for the past few months and I hope to start upgrading my listening system very soon.

I've learned alot from lurking on these forums and I hope to learn more!

Nov 26, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #6,884 of 15,418
Thanks for teaching me the secret handshake....glad to be here.

My on the go setup is my phone as source to a FIIO E12 DIY Edition, feeding modified Sony MDR-7506.

My at home set up is a dedicated laptop as source to an Audeze Deckard dac/amp, pushing Audeze LCD-XC through Moon Audio cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back