New Member Introductions thread
Nov 2, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #6,751 of 15,563
Nov 2, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #6,753 of 15,563
If you keep that up you will find the moderator putting a stop to it.

Nov 2, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #6,754 of 15,563
What question do you want answered?

1. What are the budget player reading DST files? Almost half of my SACD albums are in dst format.

2. What are the parameters to convert ISO DSD files to flac with the best sound quality one can hear? I understand that the bigger the file is the better sound quality you have. But some frequencies can't be heard so there is no point to convert to the biggest size. I hope I made myself understood.

Nov 2, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #6,756 of 15,563
1. What are the budget player reading DST files? Almost half of my SACD albums are in dst format.

2. What are the parameters to convert ISO DSD files to flac with the best sound quality one can hear? I understand that the bigger the file is the better sound quality you have. But some frequencies can't be heard so there is no point to convert to the biggest size. I hope I made myself understood.
Not sure if any player reads dst files as they are multi channel. There are converters for that format but haven’t used them. You saying the bigger the file the better is not always true. I have a few DSD’s and some 24 bit stuff and they might sound different not for sure sound better. If it was recorded poorly it will sound like crap no bitrate will fix that.

Nov 2, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #6,758 of 15,563
Hello audiophiles and other enthusiasts

I,m new on this forum tho not noob and sudiophile for almost 20 years..just purchased new Audio GD master 11 Singularity(i,ll get it in next few days) and wanna
participate in all kind of discussions about that and other but unf. i can,t..I,m not used to that from other forums sou i,ll be patient :)

Very nice forum..huge LIKE

Nov 2, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #6,759 of 15,563
Do you have all your files in DSD format? What are the parameters of audio you prefer to listen to?
I mostly listen on Tidal HiFi but on my Dap it is mostly Flac’s from a rip of CD’s as well as them stored on my hard drive.

Nov 2, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #6,760 of 15,563
Hello audiophiles and other enthusiasts

I,m new on this forum tho not noob and sudiophile for almost 20 years..just purchased new Audio GD master 11 Singularity(i,ll get it in next few days) and wanna
participate in all kind of discussions about that and other but unf. i can,t..I,m not used to that from other forums sou i,ll be patient :)

Very nice forum..huge LIKE
Welcome to Head-Fi I hope you enjoy your time here. Don’t worry about other forums as you will find this is a good place for discussion and opinions.

Nov 2, 2017 at 9:43 PM Post #6,764 of 15,563
How much do you pay for Tidal subscription?
$19 a month. Yes it is expensive but I use it on my phone and iPad and laptop not at the same time but the quality is very good. It is very close to CD’s that I have but it is so much more convenient.

Nov 3, 2017 at 6:28 AM Post #6,765 of 15,563
$19.00 a month is IMO CHEAP. I have been a member of TIDAL for 2years. You have access to approximately 46 MILLION songs, cataloging, and the ability to make up numerous playlists.
Tidal combines lossless audio and hi definition videos.
Lastly storage.
TIDAL is a bargain..also if you are a veteran you are eligible for a substantial discount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back