New Member Introductions thread
Nov 3, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #6,767 of 15,539
$19.00 a month is IMO CHEAP. I have been a member of TIDAL for 2years. You have access to approximately 46 MILLION songs, cataloging, and the ability to make up numerous playlists.
Tidal combines lossless audio and hi definition videos.
Lastly storage.
TIDAL is a bargain..also if you are a veteran you are eligible for a substantial discount.
Where is the Veteran discount never say that.

Nov 3, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #6,768 of 15,539
I think I'll try it.
How does it work? Does it have a search engine?
Works like any other streaming service and yes it has a search engine . You can also download songs to hear offline .

Nov 4, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #6,770 of 15,539
Hi I'm new to Head-fi though I'm been browsing for quite a while

Wouldn't call myself an audiophile, maybe an enthusiast at best
for one, I mostly use Apple music (pls don't kill me)
gear at the moment is simple too - Sony A1-AP iem, and AIAIAI TMA-2

Nov 6, 2017 at 3:56 AM Post #6,773 of 15,539
Hi everyone, I'm pretty into headphones and I'm looking for basically additional places for discussion so obviously this would be the place to go. What would be the most active threads here to post in to engage in discussion? Thanks a lot guys.

Nov 6, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #6,775 of 15,539
Hello. I have been a headphone audiohplie for years (I used to prefer small, semi-open, on-ear types, such as 8 dollar Panasonics), but I've gradually been upgrading in terms of money I am willing to spend. I've never been a fan of bass-heavy or "dynamic" headphones with V-shaped curves, I prefer slightly warm or neutral sound. I use Panasonic in-ears with my Sandisk Rockbox because they are so efficient, but I also have a cheap pair of Sony on ear-headphones (MDR-ZX100?); they are harder to drive and the audio quality is nothing special.

Currently I'm using Tascam TH-02's and a Soundblaster X-Fi. I also have a Yamaha receiver that I use with headphones sometimes. I live in an apartment now and some times of day a headphone is the only real way to do detailed listening to music or movies, because I live near a busy highway (I am also looking into mass-loaded vinyl curtains in our apartment).

The Creative X-Fi has strange outputs, the volume is too high for powered speakers and headphones compared to most consumer electronics. It also has high impedance- I usually use an inline volume control and it seems to help sound quality some, as well as making it safer in case the operating system accidentally increases the volume to maximum. I have thought about getting a dedicated headphone amp with lower output impedance.

My wife has Bose and Status headphones and she uses a Schitt Vali 2 hybrid tube amp and it sounds great. I have a Chinese tube preamp I sometimes use with my Yamaha to stream digital music on my TV setup (I don't use my Yamaha as a switcher/receiver), nevertheless, I don't see myself getting a Vali 2 as I want something more compact and less finicky for my PC setup than a tube amp.
The Chord Mojo could fit really well for easier to power headphones and its a killer DAC. I think it could fit the needs you described. Its also solid state but by no way sounds "digital" to me.

Hi everyone, I'm pretty into headphones and I'm looking for basically additional places for discussion so obviously this would be the place to go. What would be the most active threads here to post in to engage in discussion? Thanks a lot guys.
In the search bar search your other hobbies as well as headphone interests. There is a HUGe community of people talking about things from Anime to pen collections... Just jump around and try to take it all in. Also don't forget to hit the subscribe icon for the threads you would like to get new notifications about. Have fun!!

-Craig at MTME

Nov 6, 2017 at 7:23 PM Post #6,778 of 15,539
Hello, I've been a lurker for a while and have decided to sign up, lots of information available here. I am a Sennheiser headphone fan, started with home audio (Klipsch Heresys and various tube amps) and decided to convert to headphones after finding an HD 545 Reference at a thrift shop a few years back. I love the hobby.

Currently own:
HD430
HD520
HD540 Reference Gold's
HD535
HD545 Reference
HD580
HD598
HD599
HD600

Users who are viewing this thread

Back