New Member Introductions thread
Nov 8, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #6,783 of 15,418
Hi guys!

been a member for a few months, already had a deal and some good private chats w some members here, about time I post on the intro =)

I'm glad the forum format is alive and kicking here, unlike other forums (in other hobbies) that Ive been on which were eventually killed by social media

Nov 8, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #6,784 of 15,418
Hi all,new to the forum and a very big hello.I own a Darkvoice 336c with 6080 tung sol power tube with grado ps500 headphones.Any ideas as to whats the best 6080 tube or equivalent

to match my amp and 32 ohm ps500 headphones?

Thank you all.

Nov 9, 2017 at 4:59 AM Post #6,787 of 15,418
Hello everyone,

I must admit I am really a novice when it comes to audio equipment. I have a slight hearing impairment that means that for the finer levels of audio enjoyment I generally miss out. However I like well made things and I see audio equipment as an investment as I know that a good set of headphones, speakers etc can still make a big difference even for me when it comes to enjoying music.

Nov 9, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #6,788 of 15,418
Hi everyone, name's GunnerXL, relatively new in audio. Started with Alessandro MS1i, Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro. Recently bought two vintage AKGs(K140 & K340) on flea market and ebay. Visited here a few times for the help of building my first amp back in few years ago. Currently waiting for parts to start PMillett's Nuhybrid.:beyersmile:

Nov 10, 2017 at 4:20 AM Post #6,791 of 15,418
Hi and hello everybody.I've looked on Head-fi many times&it's been a mine of information that's helped when it comes to choosing what to purchase.I have mostly been a full speaker set up man.But the last few years i have moved to mostly headphones&DAPs.Currently enjoying Fiio x3/sony A15 with Fiio F5/9s.I also have AKG 702&Sennhieser HD 600.I listen to them all but seem to be going towards IEMs as i quiet like listening when i'm out&about.

Nov 10, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #6,793 of 15,418
Hey Everyone! New member here. Im into pretty much all music and my current equipment is Sony MDR-V6, behringer x 302 usb mixer, and Ultravoice XM8500. I have a pair of HD6xx coming in December and am hoping to get a Modi Magni stack here soon for the HD6xxs.

Nov 10, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #6,795 of 15,418
I'm a long-time casual headphone user who picked up a cheap pair of HD 598s on a black friday deal several years ago and who recently resolved to spend at least a little time each day doing mindful listening. I found some great information on equalizing the 598s from @stellarelephant here on Head-Fi, and it's really changed the listening experience for me. So, I figured this is a good place to get more involved and contribute back.

On that note, I've got some interesting iPod Touch measurements to share. I couldn't figure out from the posting guidelines at what point I'll be allowed to start new threads, can anyone shed any light on that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back