New Member Introductions thread
Oct 28, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #6,721 of 15,551
Hi all,

Another long time lurker checking in here, looking forward to participating in this community! Been into this hobby for a while - current gear includes Audeze LCD-2F (running balanced out of a Jotunheim) and CA Andromedas. Hope to see you all around!

Oct 28, 2017 at 8:46 PM Post #6,723 of 15,551
New member here. This hobby is turning out to be expensive fast.
First purchases: Yggdrasil DAC, Heron 5 amp (from Massdrop), Oppo HA2SE, Hifiman X V2 headphones, Pangea Audio True Balanced Premier SE Cable XLR, Audioquest Carbon USB.

Lot's to learn. Plan on slowly building up my system when I have money for speakers.

Dan

Oct 29, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #6,724 of 15,551
Hi guys. Been an avid reader and lurker here for the past 6, 7 years I should say. I have learned a lot and have made use of the forum as a reference when getting new gears. I regret not joining the fun years ago.

Oct 29, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #6,725 of 15,551
Long time lurker. I’m pretty happy with my current headphone setup - ADI-2 Pro + PMx2 + Andromeda - but I’m always a sucker for new IEMs. I never have quite found a DD IEM that is right for me. Currently watching IE800S with interest...

Oct 30, 2017 at 4:12 AM Post #6,729 of 15,551
Hi all. I’m a newb too.
I have not been into headphones till I got my Apple Watch Series 3 GPS about 2 weeks or so after it came out. I wanted a wireless headphone at first so I could use it on walks with music on my watch and for music and games on my iPhone 6s Plus.

I tried a lot and couldn’t find one with great bass and a somewhat brighter not real warm sound. I found good bass but muddy or too warm. Then not good bass but clearer and brighter.

So I’m still thinking about this stuff.

Oct 30, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #6,730 of 15,551
Hey everyone :)

Obviously, new dude here. I joined today after deciding that I wanted to get into headphones and headphone amps. Being a librarian, I am predisposed to doing tons of research and a lot of the information I was finding was coming from here, so it seemed to make sense to join.

Hoping to learning a couple of things from people who are really into headphones and the like.
Do you like a neutral sound, or more of a colored fun sound? Are closed back important to keep it quiet (SHHHHH!!!) :). The Mr. Speakers Aeon closed is a super popular and well received headphone but its pretty neutral. The Meze 99 Classic is more fun and about half the price is an option as well.

Like I say, "different yolks for different folks". It just depends on what your tastes are, budget and how much isolation you need. If you or anyone else ever want an opinion feel free to private message me.

-Craig

Oct 31, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #6,734 of 15,551
Hey guys,

I'm new here. Just getting into headphones in a real way. Literally just sold my JBL LSRs like 30 minutes ago :). Can't really use speakers in my current living situation so I'm looking to make the leap into HiFi via headphones. Have a pair of AKG K7XXx that I find to be meh so far (2 days). Will probably make a thread asking for people's thoughts on the ones I've been looking at. See ya around the forums.

Oct 31, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #6,735 of 15,551
Hey guys,

I'm new here. Just getting into headphones in a real way. Literally just sold my JBL LSRs like 30 minutes ago :). Can't really use speakers in my current living situation so I'm looking to make the leap into HiFi via headphones. Have a pair of AKG K7XXx that I find to be meh so far (2 days). Will probably make a thread asking for people's thoughts on the ones I've been looking at. See ya around the forums.
Welcome to Head-Fi. While the K7xx’s are not real exciting they are good headphones and I think it takes about a week to get your brain to get with the sound of new headphones. There are definitely better ones out there though. Yes your best bet is to make a thread in the Help and Recommendations thread and state what sound signature your looking for I’m sure you’ll get many opinions on what to look for next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back