New Member Introductions thread
Aug 8, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #6,242 of 15,525
Hello everybody,

Long time lurker, finally decided to make an account. I have the Xiaomi Piston 2.0, 3.0 and KZ ZS3 as IEM, as well as the Gemini hsr-1000 and Superlux 681 evo. Currently exploring the mid-fi area.

Ready to feel sorry for my wallet

Aug 8, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #6,243 of 15,525
Hello everybody,

Long time lurker, finally decided to make an account. I have the Xiaomi Piston 2.0, 3.0 and KZ ZS3 as IEM, as well as the Gemini hsr-1000 and Superlux 681 evo. Currently exploring the mid-fi area.

Ready to feel sorry for my wallet
Welcome, @FlamboyantFish! Happy to hear you are prepared... ---)

Aug 8, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #6,245 of 15,525
Hi everyone! My name is Alex and I am good music fan (no matter the genres), just a bit of musician (guitar covers) and have a passion for all kinds of technologies. Love devices with high quality sound, especially portable ones. Have been using different Hi-Fi players for 2-3 years now, got some experience in that and finally decided to step into the discussion... Hope that this site would help me to share my opinion and read others thoughts. Currently own Hidizs AP100 and AP200 Hi-Fi players + Yamaha RH-5Ma studio headphones.

BTW - hope to update my profile with the picture soon. Just tried to create the new thread about Hidizs AP200. Waiting for the moderator approval.

Aug 9, 2017 at 4:00 AM Post #6,246 of 15,525
Hi everyone!

De Novo here. Been lurking for almost 2 years and finally joined. Still new-ish to audio. I'm mostly an IEM person.

Currently have:
SE215
UM Pro 10
KZ ZST
XB90EX
DragonFly Black

I've been following the home made IEM thread for a while and eventually want to build my own CIEM. Also planning on going to my first ever meet! :ksc75smile:

Aug 9, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #6,247 of 15,525
Hi everyone!

Zern here, from Singapore. I have been on and off the head-fi forums for a long time since I started this hobby (3-4 years??), but never really got round to signing up or posting anything. Since I am a student, I mostly use iems.

Currently have:
Onkyo Dpx1-a

Used to have:
JH13v2
RHA t20i

Looking to get:
Noble Kaiser Encore
QDC 8ss
Jomo Flamenco

Pleasure to finally make a post, hope to meet some of you guys at next year's canjam meet!

Aug 9, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #6,248 of 15,525
New guy old body.Legally blind but I get by.Have a KANN with Sennheiser HD 800 balanced cable.256 and 512 cards filled as well as the internal 64GB.All my cd's with a few left over,not enough room.Don't get out much but try to go to the restaurant every morning for breakfast and take my music with me.Stay an hour and rock on.I live alone and stay to myself.Retired and a happy camper.Been into audio since the beginning of time.I try to stay up to date on new products and finally have my dream setup which took decades to get to.Upgraded slowly as I could afford it.Live in a teeny tiny social housing apartment.I could go on and on but not right now,too long a story.Always learning.

Aug 9, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #6,249 of 15,525
Good Day Everyone,

I've read the forums and reviews on Head-Fi for the last 4 years for research and advice on products I had interest in purchasing. I finally decided to join as I'm on a quest to find an circumaural headphone with a sound signature like the Shure SE846 with the default balanced nozzle insert. Also, I want to find another multi driver IEM akin to the SE846 with more drivers.

That being said I'm still trying to find the right sound for me and hoping to attend a Can Jam.

My Current Equipment:

Oppo Digital HA-2
iFi Audio Micro iDSD
Astell & Kern KANN
Shure SRH1540
Shure SE846
Shure SE535
Shure SE215
V-Moda XS
Sennheiser HD598
Bose QC 35
Grado SR80e

Previous Equipment:

NAD D1050
Audioquest Dragonfly Red
Teac UD-503
Pioneer XDP-300R
Audeze LCD-2
Audeze EL-8 Closed Back
Audeze Sine
Sennheiser Momentum 2 Wireless

My musical genre tastes are varied Hip Hop, Jazz, R&B, Soul, Reggae, Classical, Rock, Blues, and Chill. I'm definitely looking forward to learning more about subjective nature of sound. Music is a fundamental part of my life and I want to enjoy it with the best possible equipment I can obtain.
You will totally learn about subjective nature here! ha Make sure you ask questions to members like "what else have you heard? "What is your general preferences?" Whats good for the goose may not be good for the gander. When helping people I ask the same questions that way I can find what THEY like. Since sound is so subjective... Hope you have fun here

-Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back