New Member Introductions thread
Aug 12, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #6,271 of 15,452
Obligatory "New Guy" Post

Hey Head-Fi folk -

Consider this my obligatory "new guy" introductory post. I've been blessed (or cursed?) with a great set of ears by Mother Nature, and can hear things I shouldn't be able to even in my mid-40s. I'm more a gamer and less a high-fidelity music listener; all of the audio moneys I spend are for my gaming rig. To say I've spent "too much" on audio equipment for the rig would be a massive understatement. But I'm always in search of the next bit of tech to clean up the audio from my games.

Anyway: hi.
My audio journey started because I wanted better audio for gaming! Then it turned into enjoying music a ton more because of it. Welcome to headfi

Aug 12, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #6,274 of 15,452
I'm a little confused. Does anyone know how long before I am able to post in classifieds?
You need 30 days and 15 posts. So, the best thing you can do is to do some posting between now and then. The reason for the 30 days is that we have spammers and scammers and trolls sometimes and the delay helps control some of that. We know it is inconvenient--sorry! Welcome!

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #6,275 of 15,452
First time poster. I've been lurking for a while. I'm eventually hoping to set up a small system with my AKG 240's and the Massdrop x Sennheiser HD6XX that will be my self acquired xmas present. I'm planning to use an older cd player hooked up to a reasonably priced DAC/AMP combo (less than $150) and will be digging around for ideas. I'm glad I found this forum.

Aug 13, 2017 at 8:22 PM Post #6,276 of 15,452
Hi there,

been around in Head-Fi for a while, but now with an account because of the trading section! :)

Can anyone let me know what exactly I have to do so I can open threads to sell or search in the forums? The mods/support seem to be too busy.. (waiting for 11 days and no reply yet).

Please quote me or tag me so I get an alert.

Thanks in advance! :)

Aug 13, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #6,277 of 15,452
Hi there,

been around in Head-Fi for a while, but now with an account because of the trading section! :)

Can anyone let me know what exactly I have to do so I can open threads to sell or search in the forums? The mods/support seem to be too busy.. (waiting for 11 days and no reply yet).

Please quote me or tag me so I get an alert.

Thanks in advance! :)
Sure--you need 30 days and 15 posts under your belt. The reason is we sometimes have spammers and scammers and trolls showing up here and the delay helps somewhat with that. We know it is inconvenient--sorry! Welcome aboard!!

Aug 14, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #6,281 of 15,452
Hello fellow audiophiles. I've always enjoyed listening to music but have never really had the means to enjoy high fi audio. I recently fell down the rabbit hole by purchasing my first pair of good cans - HD650s. Most of my listening is done in my home office, so I upgraded my PC to a 2.1 system with micca mb42x and a Polk audio 10inch sub. I've got a monoprice dac/ headphone amp and a Dayton audio DTA-120. Although it's not top of the line, I really enjoy the sound from this setup.

I'm now working on a portable setup. Anxiously awaiting the Hidizs AP200 on Kickstarter and MEE audio pinnacle iems from Massdrop.

Aug 14, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #6,282 of 15,452
Hello folks, greetings from France, the land of the smelly :cheese: and good :wine_glass:
I'm here to get some tips to upgrade my old dap. I'm not really an audiophile as I can't imagine spending my whole salary in a dap or iem. But I was very lucky these days to buy a pair of Shure se535 for cheap and since I'm amazed of the upgrade provided by theses iems. So I'm thinking, what about a similar feeling of upgrade by changing my old cowon d2 ? And then I was introduced to Head fi and its huge community of fans sharing love of music and materiel. Here I am, wandering in the corridors of the website, seeking for the perfect dap in my budget.
Read you soon, cheers from El Gringo

Aug 14, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #6,283 of 15,452
You need 30 days and 15 posts. So, the best thing you can do is to do some posting between now and then. The reason for the 30 days is that we have spammers and scammers and trolls sometimes and the delay helps control some of that. We know it is inconvenient--sorry! Welcome!
I appreciate the information. Is there a way to prove who I am to a mod? Feel free to give me a ring at (480) 779-8307 if you need further assurance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back