New Member Introductions thread
Sep 25, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #4,187 of 15,539
Welcome all new folks!  It's easy to find what you're looking for via PM's and searches.  Good luck and have fun, and, as always, enjoy your music!!

Cheers,
RCBinTN

Sep 25, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #4,189 of 15,539
Hello there. I’m Andrés.

I’ve only just recently started moving up the headphone-quality ladder, so please bear with me. Truth be told I don’t think I’ll ever really become a true audiophile (constantly trying new headphones, know about all the different terms, etc.), but I have acquired a taste for good quality audio.

My year and half Audio-Technica’s ATH-M50x leather is starting to crack (functionally it’s still perfect), and I’m building a gaming PC (back from a four-year console-only journey), which is making me start looking for a really, really good solution for music-gaming, while leaving the M50x just for my commute and at work.

Thank you all for being here and answering so many questions; to be honest, I registered to make some of my own.

Thanks again, and keep it up!

Sep 25, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #4,190 of 15,539
Hiya. Like a lot of you, I've been lurking around here for a while. I recently upgraded my system to a Modi Multibit and an Ember 2 and I feel like I'm standing on the edge of a deep, dark hole. I guess I'm just about ready to jump in.

Sep 25, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #4,192 of 15,539
Keep in mind that for most of us an audiophile is someone who loves to hear good sound. Don't worry about what you like compared to people who have a million dollars worth of gear. Be happy with your gear, and move up when you feel it will benefit you.
Just because you're new to this site doesn't mean you have lesser ears.
Welcome, and grow as you see fit. It's your world; use it according to your taste and budget.

Sep 25, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #4,193 of 15,539
Hi there, My name is Vincent, and it is my first day joining this wonderful site. I started building my audio system since last year, I have fun so far not not on the wallet side. Thanks for everyone's suggestions and advice.

Sep 26, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #4,196 of 15,539
Welcome to the forum. One bit of advice: Avoid "noise cancelling" headphones especially Bose. They're over priced junk. Most good sounding headphones are of an "open back" configuration. If ambient noise is problem, in-ear monitors are the way to go. Check out HeadRoom or Moon Audio if mail order is your preference. And a dedicated headphone amp is also a good idea. If computers are going to b your source, Foobar2000 is free and sounds great. And if your going to rip CD's onto your hard drive use lossless codecs like FLAC or ALAC. Avoid MP3's. Wikipedia has lots of info in that regard. And ask questions. People on this forum are more than happy to help out.

Sep 26, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #4,197 of 15,539
Hello there. I’m Andrés.

I’ve only just recently started moving up the headphone-quality ladder, so please bear with me. Truth be told I don’t think I’ll ever really become a true audiophile (constantly trying new headphones, know about all the different terms, etc.), but I have acquired a taste for good quality audio.

My year and half [COLOR=222222]Audio-Technica’s [/COLOR]ATH-M50x leather is starting to crack (functionally it’s still perfect), and I’m building a gaming PC (back from a four-year console-only journey), which is making me start looking for a really, really good solution for music-gaming, while leaving the M50x just for my commute and at work.

Thank you all for being here and answering so many questions; to be honest, I registered to make some of my own.

Hello and welcome. I'm new here too, and the earpad leather on my M50X is cracked as well. Still works but aesthetically not as pleasing as before. What color is your M50X and are you using a replacement earpads now?

Sep 26, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #4,198 of 15,539
Hello, friend.

I have a black set. I’m in search of a new set of headphones, but since my headband also started to crack (I was living in a hot-weather place) and I don’t like giving away my stuff like that, I contacted parts@atus.com for a replacement, and indeed if you ask for it, they sell it. This is the info I got from them:

Model, Part number, Description, Price
ATH-M50X, 381303270, HEADBAND ASSY M50X, $23.65

As for the ear pads, although I bought the official replacement kit, I also bought the Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads recommended by many, just to try them out.

Parts haven’t arrived yet, so I cannot comment yet on any details like comfort, performance, etc.

Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Sep 26, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #4,199 of 15,539
Hello there. I’m Andrés.

My year and half [COLOR=222222]Audio-Technica’s [/COLOR]ATH-M50x leather is starting to crack (functionally it’s still perfect), and I’m building a gaming PC (back from a four-year console-only journey), which is making me start looking for a really, really good solution for music-gaming, while leaving the M50x just for my commute and at work.

Hello and welcome. I'm new here too, and the earpad leather on my M50X is cracked as well. Still works but aesthetically not as pleasing as before. What color is your M50X and are you using a replacement earpads now?

Do you need help building your PC?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Sep 26, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #4,200 of 15,539
  Hello, friend.

I have a black set. I’m in search of a new set of headphones, but since my headband also started to crack (I was living in a hot-weather place) and I don’t like giving away my stuff like that, I contacted parts@atus.com for a replacement, and indeed if you ask for it, they sell it. This is the info I got from them:

As for the ear pads, although I bought the official replacement kit, I also bought the Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads recommended by many, just to try them out.

Parts haven’t arrived yet, so I cannot comment yet on any details like comfort, performance, etc.

Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Thanks for the info. I'll check out that replacement kit on Amazon, although mine is the limited edition blue-tan color version. Do let me know once you try out those Brainwavz HM5 Velor pads :) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back