New Member Introductions thread
Sep 20, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #4,142 of 15,545
Hi everyone!

My name is Jon and I'm from Spain. I found this forum when I was looking for a new portablet music player.

My Ipod Touch (I think 2nd gen) died a few months ago and I'm looking into joining the DAP world (I think they're called DAPs). I'm trying to decide between a Sony NW-A25 (my price range goes up to 250€) or one from another company. I listen mainly to Metal and Japanese Rock, Metal and Game audio so I'm looking for a good music player with clear audio (in my price range). If you could point me to a guide or review to help me I would be very happy.

Sep 20, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #4,143 of 15,545
Welcome aboard, ProtoBlues!
Try Tidal streaming service hi-fi option for that HD musice experience. It's $20 a month, so you don't have to buy any CD's. And their Star Wars music will blow your mind...

Thank you for the suggestion, but I'm even more averse towards streaming services. I prefer to not be dependent on an internet connection for music.

Something else I forgot to mention in my post is the Loudness War. That's something vinyl lovers never have to think about.

Sep 22, 2016 at 5:25 AM Post #4,151 of 15,545
Hi I'm new here, been lurking for a while.

Currently use a Fiio X1 as my dap with an E12A Westone W30 at work or a K5 and AKG 550 at home.

I'm looking to upgrade either the X1 or the AKG550 (which I really like).

I was thinking of either Hifi Man HE400s or a Fiio X5ii. Given what I have now which would be the better value upgrade ?

Cheers

Nick

Sep 22, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #4,153 of 15,545
Hello guys. I am about to take my first amp ever and i am confused between fiio q1,e12,e17,e18. Can anyone help me out?

It is at a higher price point, so that may be a non-starter, but have you considered the Audioquest Dragonfly Red?

OTG would be more straightforward and less battery drain. I cannot compare SQ/performance vs Flio, but can attest to the sound quality and performance of the Red with headphones and iems. If it meets your needs, it is a phenomenal product for US$199.

Sep 22, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #4,154 of 15,545
It is at a higher price point, so that may be a non-starter, but have you considered the Audioquest Dragonfly Red?

OTG would be more straightforward and less battery drain. I cannot compare SQ/performance vs Flio, but can attest to the sound quality and performance of the Red with headphones and iems. If it meets your needs, it is a phenomenal product for US$199.
out of budget for now

Sep 22, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #4,155 of 15,545
I use a FiiO E17K and have had no issues, powers any IEM I have and most 32ohm or 64ohm cans very well. I like the ability to adjust the bass, treble and gain on it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back