New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Nov 18, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #602 of 8,377
  I can somehow spot that Heir Audios boys are watching this thread very closely lol...

Shhh they gonna "Heir" you, unless "The Wizard" cast some barrier upon us :p 

Nov 18, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #603 of 8,377

I can somehow spot that Heir Audios boys are watching this thread very closely lol...

Shhh they gonna "Heir" you, unless "The Wizard" cast some barrier upon us :p 

Opps I mean Noble Audio.
Sorry for my obsolete infos... lol

Nov 18, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #604 of 8,377
  Noble and Heir are as "connected" as:

UE and JH
UE and Westone
JBL and Altec Lansing

They all may share a portion of history together, but they are not referred to as JH/UE/Westone and nor are their build qualities among the companies "merged" as one. They all have their own lab crew, their own developer (s), geographic location, logistics team etc etc.

Product names are not relevant, in determining the degree of a companies relationship.

If the logic that product names indicate a direct relationship between companies, then:

Lear, Frogbeats, JH, Advanced Ears, Cosmic Ears, Gorilla Ears, Stage 93, In Earz, Alien Ears, etc etc are all related, as their product names all have numbers within their product names

You forgot to mention Mark Levinson. He's not allowed to use his own name anymore! He has nothing to do with anything currently being sold that has his name on it.

Nov 18, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #605 of 8,377

I read VERY CAREFULY what he said, and my statement still stands. He said "Asia", not China, and cost of labor in Asia is as variable as can be, from very high to very low. And of course if he meant China, cost of QUALIFIED labor in China is higher and higher, and it is VERY difficult and costly to retain qualified personel. It is a well known fact for all entrepreneurs in China (which I am). This was confirmed during my conversations with Stephen at UM.

FYI, all business related taxes in China are very high, more comparable to France than to the US.

Besides, I did not want to get into this, but MANY JH clients I talked to were less than satisfied with JH build quality (see what Ozias said as an illustration), so comparisons with other brands are not necessarily relevant if quality is not up to par. This last point is the thing that is making me wait for the first batch to be out before considering the Roxanne.

Finally, the JH13 for instance, costs 200$ more than the Miracles. Not negligible.

While I agree the original comment didn't need to be made and perhaps overstated, there is still a reason things get outsourced to China, including CIEMs but it doesn't mean that quality suffers. Qualified labor may be getting higher and higher but it's not US high or with it's other overhead. I think it's that many associate China product with cheap goods has you over reacting to something that was never stated.

JH is still successful for a reason. When you make a lot, you also have more folks that get issues. We've read of problems with quality and delivery times of every make of customs. UM has been particularly bad on delivery of late. It happens. JH also has a few sales each year that makes that JH13 equal to or even less expensive than the Miracle. These sales represent a large portion of their lay person purchases so perhaps your significant price comparison is also a bit overstated.

Nov 18, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #607 of 8,377
  While I agree the original comment didn't need to be made and perhaps overstated, there is still a reason things get outsourced to China, including CIEMs but it doesn't mean that quality suffers. Qualified labor may be getting higher and higher but it's not US high or with it's other overhead. I think it's that many associate China product with cheap goods has you over reacting to something that was never stated.

JH is still successful for a reason. When you make a lot, you also have more folks that get issues. We've read of problems with quality and delivery times of every make of customs. UM has been particularly bad on delivery of late. It happens. JH also has a few sales each year that makes that JH13 equal to or even less expensive than the Miracle. These sales represent a large portion of their lay person purchases so perhaps your significant price comparison is also a bit overstated.

All good points. The way I see it, there will be a rush for the Roxanne at the beginning, so there might be some issues. Particularly given the fact that they have little experience in producing this particular CIEM. So I might a bit before getting one.

Nov 19, 2013 at 9:02 AM Post #609 of 8,377
  JH has informed me that they're bumping up my order and will hopefully get one by Late November :)

Are you trying to start a riot here?
confused_face_2.gif

Nov 19, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #610 of 8,377

Are you trying to start a riot here?
confused_face_2.gif

I paid early xD

EDIT: Also I may have used the wrong terms, I meant I paid so they informed me that I was included in the first batch of recipients and will ship late November...

Nov 19, 2013 at 9:11 AM Post #611 of 8,377
  All good points. The way I see it, there will be a rush for the Roxanne at the beginning, so there might be some issues. Particularly given the fact that they have little experience in producing this particular CIEM. So I might a bit before getting one.

I'm not in the market. It took FreqPhase and Black Friday for me to pop on the JH13s because I just don't use portable stuff as much as some. I knew I wanted them and am happy but it was literally between the JH5 and the JH13fp. Sort of good enough or exactly what I wanted. Obliviously decided on the later.

I may sell my AK120 for the same reason. Love it and it's size has me use it around the house but I don't tend to take it out and about and use something easier to replace. 

Nov 19, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #614 of 8,377
Nov 19, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #615 of 8,377
That freaked me out I just subbed man! Sarcasm is hard to detect in text!

Sorry - no freaking-out intended at all, and you're absolutely right - text is so inadequate as a means of conversation...

2014 looks to be shaping-up to be a really great year for those of us Head-fiers who do the majority of their listening whilst walking or traveling on public transport.

Some great DAPs on the horizon (X5, NW-ZX1, Calyx, etc.) and now some great CIEMs pushing the technical boundaries (JH Roxanne, Noble K10, etc.)

Happy times ahead, I hope...
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back