New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Nov 19, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #616 of 8,377

Sorry - no freaking-out intended at all, and you're absolutely right - text is so inadequate as a means of conversation...

2014 looks to be shaping-up to be a really great year for those of us Head-fiers who do the majority of their listening whilst walking or traveling on public transport.

Some great DAPs on the horizon (X5, NW-ZX1, Calyx, etc.) and now some great CIEMs pushing the technical boundaries (JH Roxanne, Noble K10, etc.)

Happy times ahead, I hope...
etysmile.gif

AND I WANT THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

*no sarcasm*

Nov 19, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #618 of 8,377

AND I WANT THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

*no sarcasm*

Well, that makes 2 of us, then!! (seriously!)

I wonder who's going to have deep enough pockets to buy both the Noble Kaiser 10 and the Roxanne, to 'take one for the team' and give the rest of us mere mortals a decent comparison review between the two models.

(you listenin', average_joe? {COUGH!} 
wink.gif
)

Nov 19, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #619 of 8,377
I called a JH authorized dealer and he didn't know when he was going to get the universal Roxanne. He suggested (that at that price) I could get the JH13 instead. I said thank you, I'll sign up to receive an email notification online. I was thinking that this guy is behind the times. The JH13 was "king of the hill" last week. This hobby is turning over as fast as cellphones these days. We are going to have to sign up for some kind of upgrade program and pay by the month.

Nov 19, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #620 of 8,377
They have very different sound sigs . The keister 10 is close to the heir 8a. That I have . Where the Roxanne,s are more like the jh16. But more detailed . The heir is great for extended listening or bad recordings , not bad but not so good... More laid back mids and treble. . But noble has silicon. Now that is great sound isolation so the 5s or 4 will be in my future ...

Al D

Nov 19, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #621 of 8,377

Well, that makes 2 of us, then!! (seriously!)

I wonder who's going to have deep enough pockets to buy both the Noble Kaiser 10 and the Roxanne, to 'take one for the team' and give the rest of us mere mortals a decent comparison review between the two models.

(you listenin', average_joe? {COUGH!} 
wink.gif
)

Errrrrr.... I just... did?

I'm talking to both Noble (Thanks Wizard and Brannan) and JH (Thanks Corbyn) and will get my K10s soon as well.

Nov 19, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #623 of 8,377
Cheers enjoy I am sure they will be great and of superior quality as well.

Al D

Nov 19, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #624 of 8,377
Cheers enjoy I am sure they will be great and of superior quality as well.

Al D

I believe so as well :) my impressions should have arrived at Noble late last week, and I went for a rush so soon?

Nov 19, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #625 of 8,377
  What is your preorder number?  Thanks

Hi, I'm not really sure, I just contacted JH the moment I heard about the Roxanne (which means CanJam) and they signed me up.

Nov 19, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #628 of 8,377
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about getting these if included in a Black Friday sale... so question on that - is it alright if I purchase without having taken impressions first?  

Also is there any update on their partnership w/ that company that does ear scanning instead of impressions?  I was sorta hoping for that development to come around before getting into kilobuck customs, but these have me curious.

Nov 19, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #629 of 8,377
I want the noble kaiser , but I do not like the heir 8a. . It's crystal clear and good controlled bass . Enough to vib your ears. But with my ears it lacks the luster and analytical In your face sound I like most of the time . And. I am not sure how neutral they are . As I am not saying they are not , and I did read one review saying they are. But having the 8a it just scares me till I am sure.

Al D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back