New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Nov 19, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #631 of 8,377
That would be cool and patient of you , as I have little of that and want it all NOW,!,!!!!!

Lol.

Al D

Nov 19, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #632 of 8,377
  Hey guys,

I'm thinking about getting these if included in a Black Friday sale... so question on that - is it alright if I purchase without having taken impressions first?  

Also is there any update on their partnership w/ that company that does ear scanning instead of impressions?  I was sorta hoping for that development to come around before getting into kilobuck customs, but these have me curious.

Yes you can purchase them even if you don't have your impressions yet.

Nov 19, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #633 of 8,377
Sure you can , it's what most people do as I did in the beginning. Good luck

Nov 20, 2013 at 6:12 AM Post #636 of 8,377
Any modding master here know that if the Roxanne can be mode to balance by change it to RSA connectors?

Nov 20, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #637 of 8,377
Not sure but If there is a common Wire in the cross over for both channels the answer is no
It will have to be examined when it arrives

Nov 20, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #638 of 8,377
Not sure but If there is a common Wire in the cross over for both channels the answer is no
It will have to be examined when it arrives

How to check that? I can get multimeter. Btw i did enquiry to Moonaudio since they had better relationship to JH, they mentioned it's possible but 6month time to ready. Can someone guide me to reterminated to Kobinconn :p.

Nov 20, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #639 of 8,377
That is good news from moon audio. It is simple really. You need to identify the two channels
And determine the are two completely seep rate channels electrically.
First off there would. We'd to be four wires leaving the inline control going to the headphone jack

Next use the low ohm setting and determin the pairs. U should only get readings from the pairs not to all wires
Meaning two wires per side. The reading will be below 100 ohms
Now if this is done and ok. The next part will be done on a mega ohm setting.
And again you should only get readings of continuity on the same pairs and Infinity to other pairs. It must be a dmv so the output voltage is low. Do not use a diode test setting

Al D

Nov 20, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #640 of 8,377
Sorry i noob in electrical / electronic. If i not wrong Roxanne have 8 wire in total ( 4 on each earphone?), What i need to do it to differentiate the cable for left channel and right channel. I believe there should be 2 positive and 2 negative for each channel. How i going to know if which 2 wire are positive and which 2 are negative? Maybe the easy way it do open the TRS connector and mark each wire positive, negative and ground, then to find out if it's left channel or right channel wire.
frown.gif

Nov 20, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #641 of 8,377
Honestly I would wait to see who offers this already made. I know most will tell
The bal cables are important. But for me they are not. Enjoy the headphones as is
As the whole bal amp DAC thing is just a debate not a fact

Al D

Nov 21, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #642 of 8,377
They have very different sound sigs . The keister 10 is close to the heir 8a. That I have . Where the Roxanne,s are more like the jh16. But more detailed . The heir is great for extended listening or bad recordings , not bad but not so good... More laid back mids and treble. . But noble has silicon. Now that is great sound isolation so the 5s or 4 will be in my future ...

Al D

Sorry to interject...

As an owner of the 8 and 10 (and an owner of Noble), I would like to say that the 8 and 10 don't sound very much alike at all. In fact, they are two very distinct products and for those who have lots invested in graphs, they graph very differently too. There are actually a few "double owners" here on Head-Fi (Sorensiim, Kunlun) and more on the way. I am sure that these members would be more than willing to answer any specific questions you have regarding these two products.

Nov 21, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #643 of 8,377
No and thanks for taking the time to explain kind of you.
After texting kunlin and reading his review he did Recomend the same ciem as you the 4 c or 4s. This week I am useing the 8a for the week. As I rotate what I take on the trains. I'm sure noble has made them different and greatly improved upon. I am in no way trying to know a product I have heard my self. And I do appreciate the time you have spent to Recomend the iem I should buy.

Thanks

Al D

Nov 21, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #644 of 8,377
  Sorry i noob in electrical / electronic. If i not wrong Roxanne have 8 wire in total ( 4 on each earphone?), What i need to do it to differentiate the cable for left channel and right channel. I believe there should be 2 positive and 2 negative for each channel. How i going to know if which 2 wire are positive and which 2 are negative? Maybe the easy way it do open the TRS connector and mark each wire positive, negative and ground, then to find out if it's left channel or right channel wire.
frown.gif

Likely 3 wires to each ear and 4 to the plug. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back