New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Nov 17, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #586 of 8,377
Cool , I'm glad you did. As I'm sure they are amazing and I really did order them . From a sales standpoint he is a sales man and a kind of god and sells great products . So of course you bought them and left you family in Disneyland to buy them. Hahaha. That sounds like me. Now we just have to wait and you at-least heard them ..

I bought just on the hype!!

Al D

Nov 17, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #588 of 8,377
Yea how cool is this. Have you guys heard about noble . The wizard guy left heir to form a new company..

Al D

Nov 17, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #590 of 8,377
Yaa.. Dont think anyone's gunna be fooled into thinking theres no connection at all between the two... Im sure noble will only make strides to distinguish themselves, but the fact rite now even the products are named similarly... Its Hard to say otherwise

Nov 18, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #591 of 8,377

Whoa!! That's 2 of you now who have totally misunderstood what Philipperus meant.

It was just about the relative cost of production - surely that should be obvious from what Philipperus said:

Like Mython, I took it to mean that JH is priced about the same as those made with less overhead costs made on the mainland. Not a qualitative statement at all. Fitear is priced higher for what's inside, (not a sound compare) so that would also fit in his value vs parts statement. I didn't take that as a build quality or performance comparison in any way.

I read VERY CAREFULY what he said, and my statement still stands. He said "Asia", not China, and cost of labor in Asia is as variable as can be, from very high to very low. And of course if he meant China, cost of QUALIFIED labor in China is higher and higher, and it is VERY difficult and costly to retain qualified personel. It is a well known fact for all entrepreneurs in China (which I am). This was confirmed during my conversations with Stephen at UM.

FYI, all business related taxes in China are very high, more comparable to France than to the US.

Besides, I did not want to get into this, but MANY JH clients I talked to were less than satisfied with JH build quality (see what Ozias said as an illustration), so comparisons with other brands are not necessarily relevant if quality is not up to par. This last point is the thing that is making me wait for the first batch to be out before considering the Roxanne.

Finally, the JH13 for instance, costs 200$ more than the Miracles. Not negligible.

Nov 18, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #592 of 8,377

Thank you Mython for helping my poor self understand people more clearly. After all English is not my native language.

I read VERY CAREFULY what he said, and my statement still stands. He said "Asia", not China, and cost of labor in Asia is as variable as can be, from very high to very low. And of course if he meant China, cost of QUALIFIED labor in China is higher and higher, and it is VERY difficult and costly to retain qualified personel. It is a well known fact for all entrepreneurs in China (which I am). This was confirmed during my conversations with Stephen at UM.

FYI, all business related taxes in China are very high, more comparable to France than to the US.

Besides, I did not want to get into this, but MANY JH clients I talked to were less than satisfied with JH build quality (see what Ozias said as an illustration), so comparisons with other brands are not necessarily relevant if quality is not up to par. This last point is the thing that is making me wait for the first batch to be out before considering the Roxanne.

Finally, the JH13 for instance, costs 200$ more than the Miracles. Not negligible.

I'll ignore the sarcasm.

Other than the sarcasm, you made some good points.

What I said wasn't personal. I was simply supporting a fellow Head-fier because I felt there was an 'instant lynch mob' sharpening their knives over a relatively benign and innocent comment.

Speaking only for myself, I'd like to move on with the intended spirit of the thread (i.e. enthusiasm for the upcoming product release)...

Peace.

Nov 18, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #593 of 8,377

I'll ignore the sarcasm.

Other than the sarcasm, you made some good points.

What I said wasn't personal. I was simply supporting a fellow Head-fier because I felt there was an 'instant lynch mob' sharpening their knives over a relatively benign and innocent comment.

Speaking only for myself, I'd like to move on with the intended spirit of the thread (i.e. enthusiasm for the upcoming product release)...

Peace.

The sarcasm was not really meant as really mean or aggressive, you know me a bit by now
beerchug.gif
I'll edit it out.

I just react quite harshly on the recuring "Asia is cheap" stereotype. But I am VERY excited with these CIEMs.

From the first return, I gather they can evolve between JH13 and JH16 sound sig (depending on where you put the bass dial), and with smoother overall sound, incredible trebble extension and huge airy soundstage. All this in a carbon fiber packaging, what is there not to like ?

Nov 18, 2013 at 2:15 AM Post #594 of 8,377
^ As long as they're not made in France like my car, I'm fine with everywhere else lol. 
wink.gif

Just joking of course, been a satisfied Citroën customer for years :)

In other news, my dealer (obviously smelling that Christmas bonus is just around the corner) asked me whether I'd like to audition these. Looking forward to comparing them to my UERM and equally hoping and dreading that I'll like them better than the (non-FP) JH13 I demoed back then.

Nov 18, 2013 at 4:39 AM Post #596 of 8,377

.... cost of labor in Asia is as variable as can be, from very high to very low. And of course if he meant China, cost of QUALIFIED labor in China is higher and higher, and it is VERY difficult and costly to retain qualified personel. It is a well known fact for all entrepreneurs in China (which I am). This was confirmed during my conversations with Stephen at UM.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Nov 18, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #597 of 8,377
Yaa.. Dont think anyone's gunna be fooled into thinking theres no connection at all between the two... Im sure noble will only make strides to distinguish themselves, but the fact rite now even the products are named similarly... Its Hard to say otherwise

Noble and Heir are as "connected" as:

UE and JH
UE and Westone
JBL and Altec Lansing

They all may share a portion of history together, but they are not referred to as JH/UE/Westone and nor are their build qualities among the companies "merged" as one. They all have their own lab crew, their own developer (s), geographic location, logistics team etc etc.

Product names are not relevant, in determining the degree of a companies relationship.

If the logic that product names indicate a direct relationship between companies, then:

Lear, Frogbeats, JH, Advanced Ears, Cosmic Ears, Gorilla Ears, Stage 93, In Earz, Alien Ears, etc etc are all related, as their product names all have numbers within their product names

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Nov 18, 2013 at 9:02 AM Post #599 of 8,377
He is a salesman and business man first. So he told you what he wanted you to know
And it's what makes sense to him. Maybe release a new flagship and based on sales do a whole new line.
Kind of coming out with a new and improved
Just my guess
Al D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back