New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Nov 17, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #573 of 8,377
This last sentence means literally nothing. JH audio does not have a reputation for outstanding build quality, while the ciem maker you might be refering to, Fitear, beats the crap out of JH in build quality. They are hand made in Japan where the labour cost is at least as high as in the US. If you are refering to UM made in China, their quality is, from what I have seen, at least as good as JH's. So keep the tired stereotypes to yourself, especially when you have no clue what you are talking about.

Whoa!! That's 2 of you now who have totally misunderstood what Philipperus meant.

It was just about the relative cost of production - surely that should be obvious from what Philipperus said:

I also think that relatively speaking the JH audio CIEMs are reasonably priced. They are hand made in Florida! Some other headphones that are in the higher three digits range are produced in asia ...

What does that first sentence actually say?

"relatively speaking the JH audio CIEMs are reasonably priced"

It was very clearly and obviously a reference to the fact that labour in Florida is more costly than labour in China etc.

Anyway, let's not bring the thread down, folks. This was just a simple misunderstanding so please can we let it drop and move on.

beerchug.gif

Nov 17, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #574 of 8,377
I have to correct myself: reffering to asia in general was a mistake. I own a few stax products and i know about their quality. Japan is a place where some very good products come from.
But mass production in general (which often is done in asia) is cheaper then custom manufacturing in florida!

In addition thought that this forum is a place which is not here to insult random people just to have fun...
this might be my second mistake

Nov 17, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #575 of 8,377
This last sentence means literally nothing. JH audio does not have a reputation for outstanding build quality, while the ciem maker you might be refering to, Fitear, beats the crap out of JH in build quality. They are hand made in Japan where the labour cost is at least as high as in the US. If you are refering to UM made in China, their quality is, from what I have seen, at least as good as JH's. So keep the tired stereotypes to yourself, especially when you have no clue what you are talking about.

Like Mython, I took it to mean that JH is priced about the same as those made with less overhead costs made on the mainland. Not a qualitative statement at all. Fitear is priced higher for what's inside, (not a sound compare) so that would also fit in his value vs parts statement. I didn't take that as a build quality or performance comparison in any way.

Folks will find any and all as their personal performance values. Something he didn't address and others seem to be taking offense about.
confused_face_2.gif

Nov 17, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #576 of 8,377
For get where or how , let's talk outside looks and inside sound. As they all sound different due to there sound sigs. Let's talk about build .
Heir where ever it is made is by far the best polished product. Period .UM is second and jh next . As we all own items fro m all over the world and countries labor force does not incur me from buying the items. And to me items made elsewhere from here can be better or worse.
Al D

Nov 17, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #577 of 8,377
Womdering when we will see the first custom cables!

I talked to Drew from Moon Audio, he said that they are working on the cables. It would take 6 months or more for it to be available.

Nov 17, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #578 of 8,377
The stock 4-core JH cables may turn out to be excellent, for all we know.

I understand the enthusiasm for maximising SQ with aftermarket cables, but it does seem rather premature to be asking about aftermarket cables before the CIEMs have even penetrated the market.

Nov 17, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #580 of 8,377
Hello All,

After 6+ months of lurking, I have joined your community. I am an extreme newbie in every sense of the word, so I apologize if the discriptions or verbage isn't perfect. I have never owned custom IEM.

I was in Orlando last week on vacation and accidentally realized I was at the home of JH Audio. So, I made a point of ditching my family and Disney for a studio visit. What an experience which might I add included meeting Mr Harvey. The folks at JH Audio couldn't have been more accomodating.

I thought, in my head and through research that I would like either the JH 13 or JH 16. Prior to my trip, I read as many forum posts related to these two IEM. It was only then I accidentally ran across the posts related to the Siren Series, so I read those as well. I was told I could come demo everything except the Roxanne. I arrived and began demoing, from the bottom to the top, finishing with the 16's. While my ears are nowhere close to profession, I could could tell subtle differences in each one.

After finishing listening to everything once for a minute or two, I honestly thought my top three in order were JH10x3, then JH16 and finally JH 13. I put everything else away and rotated between these 3. After about 15 minutes of rotatimg, my order completely changed. Now, JH 13, JH 10x3 and JH 16. I was ready to go!

Hold the phone.

In walks Mr Harvey. I am quickly introduced and Angie tells him what I'm looking at. We exchange small talk regarding what I'm hearing, my likes and dislikes, etc. He says, I have a set of Roxanne's and are you interested in trying them? It's like the planets just aligned!!

I listened to a number of songs (all played on my iPhone) using the Roxanne's. They are amazing!! Everything I thought I liked about the 10x3, 13 and 16 was taken to a whole new stratosphere. The highs, lows seemed to be so rich and smooth. No harshness, no edginess, just warmth flowing in my ears. Absolutely no question, this is a game changer and I am sold.

Then, Mr Harvey goes into office and comes back with his Astell and Kern AK-120. Wow, yet another huge jump forward comparing the AK-120 to my iPhone. I listened to the same song on both through the Roxanne's. I'm sold all over again!!

I asked about the "Siren Series". Mr Harvey said, there were 9 female named IEM that would be released in this series. The Roxanne was the flagship. His prize after more than 2 years of work. He said he did not see an improvement in the Roxanne for the foreseeable future, it doesn't get any better and there's nothing in the pipeline. Most of the variations in the series were to make them universal in nature.

I asked about the after market cable. I might add the 4 strand Roxanne cable is very beefy, a much more substantial cable. Mr Harvey stated he has given away access to everything except the actual receiver connector on the IEM. The part that is on the cable and screws onto the IEM receiver is available to the aftermarket companies. He said, he hadn't done actual comparisons but likened the Roxanne cable to the aftermarket Moon cable available to the existing lineup.

Lastly, I asked if things were still on track to start deliveries the end of November. He took me into his office and showed me the stacks of parts that will be used to make each one. He said, yes.

I told him I was IN!! I saw, 2 stacks of folders that were already placed orders. They told me it would likely be into January before I would receive anything, even with ear molds on file.

I think $1000 is a lot of money for anything. With that said, the money upgrade to the Roxanne's is absolutely, without question worth it to my ears.

Nov 17, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #581 of 8,377
Excellent mini review, mad very well put . I'm glad I bought about a month ago , as I am hoping for Christmas .. Did you get the carbon fiber if I may ask??

Nov 17, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #583 of 8,377
x3. Good mini review! Waiting to get my hands on this earphone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back