New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Aug 12, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #6,633 of 8,377
Here is the FR graph of universal Roxanne.

[Snip!]

And here is the CSD plot.

There's been quite a bit of talk about the FR chart but not much has been said about the CSD plot. I must say that, as mentioned previously, even though I eyes agree with the FR chart with my ears. I didn't think the decay from what my ears ear is in agreement with the Waterfall plot. Maybe it's a case like the TG!334 which doesn't have a good chart but sonically there's still something special in the way it sounds.

Aug 13, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #6,634 of 8,377
There's been quite a bit of talk about the FR chart but not much has been said about the CSD plot. I must say that, as mentioned previously, even though I eyes agree with the FR chart with my ears. I didn't think the decay from what my ears ear is in agreement with the Waterfall plot. Maybe it's a case like the TG!334 which doesn't have a good chart but sonically there's still something special in the way it sounds.

Can you elaborate a bit more how you heard differently against the CSD plot? Also a noob question I'm wondering if FR or CSD plots would varies with the volume output? I m asking as I think I like the Roxanne signature more when I listen to it at volumes louder than I normally listen to. When at lower volume it just sound dark/congested/dull to me and I find it hard to reconcile with the majority opinion that really likes the Roxanne. Trying to understand how different volume level affects our perception of sound quality.

Aug 13, 2014 at 3:53 AM Post #6,636 of 8,377
Can you elaborate a bit more how you heard differently against the CSD plot? Also a noob question I'm wondering if FR or CSD plots would varies with the volume output? I m asking as I think I like the Roxanne signature more when I listen to it at volumes louder than I normally listen to. When at lower volume it just sound dark/congested/dull to me and I find it hard to reconcile with the majority opinion that really likes the Roxanne. Trying to understand how different volume level affects our perception of sound quality.

I'm surprised that the lows & mids are up to the double digits in decay.

Aug 13, 2014 at 5:57 AM Post #6,637 of 8,377
I'm surprised that the lows & mids are up to the double digits in decay.

I see. Don't have any roxanne nearby to try at the moment but I do recall the mids/treble weren't exactly fast/tight/dry type tho not sure how it would translate to decays. BUt you are right the 8 to 10ms or more does seems much more than the 1 to 2ms with jh13/16.

Aug 13, 2014 at 6:12 AM Post #6,638 of 8,377
Considering that the waterfall is completely 100% unchanged from 0 to 6 ms, I think this might be a timing error with the measurement. as in the noise was continued to be applied for longer than normal. The noise wasn’t removed at 0 ms, it was removed at 6 ms.

I have never seen any waterfall plot where there is a totally unmoved brick wall response for 6 ms (or any number of ms) before beginning to decay.

Aug 13, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #6,644 of 8,377
Hi guys,

After receiving the rubbish and unwanted Roxanne (i know a lot of JH fans will be angry, but it is the fact! this is a over hyper CIEM, also the slow and irresponsible customer services from JH, after 7+ months of waiting with no email or tracking no. and refuse to cancel my order, i swear i will NEVER be their custom again!), still i'm glad i also bought Fitear 335dw, it is a heaven and hell different, the Fitear sound so sweet even just using an iPhone, the Roxanne sounds like a $100 earphone, more drivers really doesn't mean better sound. but i didn't give up (who will? after spending over $1000 bucks on a earphone) i try to find something that can drive this crap properly, as I'm not the guy who believe in a single Amp can make the difference and i don't want the Amp to change the CIEM's sound. i start looking at all the DAC&AMP that on the market, I tried ALOT! from Sony PHA line, AK10, JVC SU AX7, Onkyo HA-200, TEAC HA-P50, V-moda Vamp, Fostex HP-P1, Theorem 720 DAC, Venture Craft Typhoon standard. some of them improve the sound a bit, but non of them drives the roxanne to my expectation, UNTIL last week, i visit the hifi show in HK, i first met the Chrod Hugo. MAN! they connect this thing straight to a HD 800. i talk to myself, DON'T DO IT! but i did, and i end up going home with it. It is pricy, but i managed to get a special discount from them HKD 18000 --> HKD 14380. so now I'm happy to say Roxanne is no longer rubbish. Just be prepare the extra cash you need to spend before pressing order button. otherwise, the Fitear & Noble Audio (which, surprisingly they have demo in the show) are your better choice.

Aug 13, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #6,645 of 8,377
Hi guys,

After receiving the rubbish and unwanted Roxanne (i know a lot of JH fans will be angry, but it is the fact! this is a over hyper CIEM, also the slow and irresponsible customer services from JH, after 7+ months of waiting with no email or tracking no. and refuse to cancel my order, i swear i will NEVER be their custom again!), still i'm glad i also bought Fitear 335dw, it is a heaven and hell different, the Fitear sound so sweet even just using an iPhone, the Roxanne sounds like a $100 earphone, more drivers really doesn't mean better sound. but i didn't give up (who will? after spending over $1000 bucks on a earphone) i try to find something that can drive this crap properly, as I'm not the guy who believe in a single Amp can make the difference and i don't want the Amp to change the CIEM's sound. i start looking at all the DAC& that on the market, I tried ALOT! from Sony PHA line, AK10, JVC SU AX7, Onkyo HA-200, TEAC HA-P50, V-moda Vamp, Fostex HP-P1, Theorem 720 DAC, Venture Craft Typhoon standard. some of them improve the sound a bit, but non of them drives the roxanne to my expectation, UNTIL last week, i visit the hifi show in HK, i first met the Chrod Hugo. MAN! they connect this thing straight to a HD 800. i talk to myself, DON'T DO IT! but i did, and i end up going home with it. It is pricy, but i managed to get a special discount from them HKD 18000 --> HKD 14380. so now I'm happy to say Roxanne is no longer rubbish. Just be prepare the extra cash you need to spend before pressing order button. otherwise, the Fitear & Noble Audio (which, surprisingly they have demo in the show) are your better choice.

Quick question - isn't that any mutli driver CIEM (okey, let's say having more than 3 drivers) scales up with Hugo and Roxanne is nothing special in this respect?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back