New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Aug 13, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #6,647 of 8,377
  Hi guys,

After receiving the rubbish and unwanted Roxanne (i know a lot of JH fans will be angry, but it is the fact! this is a over hyper CIEM, also the slow and irresponsible customer services from JH, after 7+ months of waiting with no email or tracking no. and refuse to cancel my order, i swear i will NEVER be their custom again!), still i'm glad i also bought Fitear 335dw, it is a heaven and hell different, the Fitear sound so sweet even just using an iPhone, the Roxanne sounds like a $100 earphone, more drivers really doesn't mean better sound. but i didn't give up (who will? after spending over $1000 bucks on a earphone) i try to find something that can drive this crap properly, as I'm not the guy who believe in a single Amp can make the difference and i don't want the Amp to change the CIEM's sound. i start looking at all the DAC&AMP that on the market, I tried ALOT! from Sony PHA line, AK10, JVC SU AX7, Onkyo HA-200, TEAC HA-P50, V-moda Vamp, Fostex HP-P1, Theorem 720 DAC, Venture Craft Typhoon standard. some of them improve the sound a bit, but non of them drives the roxanne to my expectation, UNTIL last week, i visit the hifi show in HK, i first met the Chrod Hugo. MAN! they connect this thing straight to a HD 800. i talk to myself, DON'T DO IT! but i did, and i end up going home with it. It is pricy, but i managed to get a special discount from them HKD 18000 --> HKD 14380. so now I'm happy to say Roxanne is no longer rubbish. Just be prepare the extra cash you need to spend before pressing order button. otherwise, the Fitear & Noble Audio (which, surprisingly they have demo in the show) are your better choice.

coming from the 7 13 and 16 i am absolutely in love with the JH house sound but I feel that the Roxanne doesn't quite measure up. specially not with that price tag. sadly in this case more drivers doesn't mean better sound

Aug 13, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #6,656 of 8,377
Are you not sure if you heard them? Also, can you share what you disliked a out them please?

unsure if it was a demo unit or someone else's lol they just made me try it

i found it too flat, tbh, and that ruins the whole price-performance ratio for me. now i understand that's entirely subjective but there you go

i appreciate that it can have something to do with the fit too, i mean i'm used to huge drivers like the 334 and the 1p2 but the Roxanne is just huge. though i did get a good seal using the stock large silicone and dual flange tips

Aug 13, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #6,657 of 8,377
You're the first I've heard say that they don't measure up to JH's previous offering. That should save you some money, anyway.

Aug 13, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #6,658 of 8,377
a good seal is everything. I was ready to sell my Ref 1, until. I found better tips and had the appropriate seal. Night and day. Perhaps, you had wrong tips or bad seal. Or maybe you. just didn't like...

Aug 13, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #6,659 of 8,377
Got my custom Carbon Fiber Roxannes last week.  Burned them in for 3 days straight, and I can say they are leaps and bounds above my JH16s that I owned for a year.  I never thought the 16s sounded bright, but next to the uber smoothness of the Roxannes, they do sound bright.  The treble is much better on the Roxannes.  I'm hearing things in the upper treble regions I didn't hear from the 16s.  Seems like the 16s were missing a lot of information in the treble region.  The bass is also better on the Roxannes than the 16s.  Also hearing more details from the Roxannes than the 16s.

I'm strictly an IEM guy and both were being fed from my RWAK120-B using the same amp.   

I did notice the Roxannes open up quite a bit and the  treble become smoother after about 75 hours of burn in. 

I had perfect seals from both.  Also, the bass adjustment on the Roxannes is awesome.  You can pretty much dial them to any type of sound signature you like.

Aug 13, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #6,660 of 8,377
I can't quite put my finger on how I feel about my uni Roxannes... They're my first IEM that costs above the $1k mark and while its sound is hard to fault, i'm also not wow'ed by their sound (yet?). I also do notice that they are rather sibilant, which was surprising given how my other much cheaper IEMs aren't. Admittedly, they have not been burned in too much, maybe 3-4 hours of use so far. I must confess I was a lot more impressed when I heard my RE-600 (balanced) paired with my HM-901 (balanced amp card). I don't regret my purchase, but I was expecting more. Don't get me wrong, i'd say that my Roxannes are the best sounding IEM I currently have, but I feel that the law of diminishing returns applies strongly here. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back