New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Aug 11, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #6,602 of 8,377

Is this has really 12 drivers each side???

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That graph agrees with what I hear.

Agreed. Thats what I heard too and tried to describe that peak but I was off by 4kHz. I did try to qualify myself say saying "arbitrarily".

AnakChan said:
 back in X'mas last year /img/forum/go_quote.gif  
[snip!]
What's interesting though is at the upper trebles (I'm going to arbitrarily pick 12kHz or thereabouts....I know my ears themselves kinda taper off around 14/15kHz) start  have a peak from the neutrality of the lower treble range. I'm still trying to get used to it.
[snip!]

It's this peak that I can't tell if I like or not (still, after 8 months later).

Aug 11, 2014 at 1:27 AM Post #6,604 of 8,377
Awesome! I love graph discussions. I hope this one lasts forever
biggrin.gif

Graph discussions that come out -after- a product I think is decent. At least it provides reassurance for me for what I've heard match what I read (and just like everything else in HF), what others say don't bother me. It's the graphs that come out before members get to hear the product, is one of those situations where it gets controversial as ppl start to "listen with their eyes" instead.

I think of listening and graph reading as the "belt & suspenders" approach.

Aug 11, 2014 at 1:59 AM Post #6,605 of 8,377

Graph discussions that come out -after- a product I think is decent. At least it provides reassurance for me for what I've heard match what I read (and just like everything else in HF), what others say don't bother me. It's the graphs that come out before members get to hear the product, is one of those situations where it gets controversial as ppl start to "listen with their eyes" instead.

I agree graph is helpful when comparing phones measured using the same test environment/equipment and at the same time.

However, graphs comparison between different sources should be taken with pinch (if not a cup) of salt. There are a lot of times that what I hear does not reflect the graph I am looking at.

Aug 11, 2014 at 2:05 AM Post #6,606 of 8,377
  I have to say the first few weeks weren't too great but someone on the thread actually suggested me keep on listening to them. I sold my SE846 and stopped using my M100 DT1350 and M500...carrying my Roxanne most places I go.

and im the guy you sold the 846's too - pretty happy too - i have become to love the 846's and the ability to fine tune them with filters and tips. Sound quality is superb and the bass incredible.

my roxanne uni's are due tomorrow so be interesting to see for myself how they compare but even if the roxannes outshine them i am sure i will be keeping the 846's too.

Aug 11, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #6,607 of 8,377
  and im the guy you sold the 846's too - pretty happy too - i have become to love the 846's and the ability to fine tune them with filters and tips. Sound quality is superb and the bass incredible.

my roxanne uni's are due tomorrow so be interesting to see for myself how they compare but even if the roxannes outshine them i am sure i will be keeping the 846's too.

Ha Paul, glad you still like the 846, but I had very minimum time with the 846 but I gave the 846 and roxanne about the same amount of time when I tried to decide which one I prefer. 846 is superb but I just cannot justify keeping both 1k earphone in my inventory. 

I am actually looking forward to your rox and 846 comparison! :D let me know

Aug 11, 2014 at 5:08 AM Post #6,608 of 8,377
Today I received my Roxanne's. They came earlier than I expected, since they arrived sooner than the the timeframe set be JH Audio. Moreover the fit of the Roxanne's is perfect. So here is a satisfied customer who would like to say thank to JH Audio for a superb service.
Btw, I ordered direct from JH Audio and I am in Europe. 
Oh, and the sound? I like it a lot. 

Aug 11, 2014 at 6:22 AM Post #6,610 of 8,377
  Today I received my Roxanne's. They came earlier than I expected, since they arrived sooner than the the timeframe set be JH Audio. Moreover the fit of the Roxanne's is perfect. So here is a satisfied customer who would like to say thank to JH Audio for a superb service.

Congrats!

Whats your order number? I am curious :p

Aug 11, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #6,613 of 8,377

I agree graph is helpful when comparing phones measured using the same test environment/equipment and at the same time.

However, graphs comparison between different sources should be taken with pinch (if not a cup) of salt. There are a lot of times that what I hear does not reflect the graph I am looking at.

Yes it's true it depends on how the graph was plotted as various "experts" have different techniques. But it'll depend on how much experience you've has listening to various headphones and looking at graphs of those headphones too. In other words, both aspects need to be scrutinised (and or justified).

Aug 11, 2014 at 8:01 AM Post #6,614 of 8,377

Good to hear that!!! :-D

Aug 11, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #6,615 of 8,377
The "bass min" looks more in line with what I hear. Raised bass, fairly even keeled mids, and rolled off treble.

Yes this is also in line with what I hear.  But even with the min bass setting, the treble is too attenuated for my preference. 

In fact it seems to me that the newer mega-drivers "flagships" are all tuned somewhat similarly.  None of the Roxanne, K10, or 1964ears V8's treble sound right to me.  Or maybe I'm not listening loud enough!  

I kept comparing these three models at the Hong Kong show this past weekend and still feels the same and didn't like any of them.  The "surprise CIEM" at the show for me was actually re-discovering the "cheap" $649/$699 1964ears V6 and V6S.  Both sounded better than I remembered and very very nice out of the Hugo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back