New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Dec 25, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #2,026 of 8,377
I'd like to add my two cents, I have been in constant contact with Corbyn, and she's been a great help. They've been going all over Asia touring the Roxannes so I'd give them a little slack now. And there's also the fact that they're swamped with the Roxanne orders. I'd give them some slack this time of year.

Paying over $1500 for an item shouldn't require giving them "slack". All they'd have to do is send out regular emails to their customers updating them of what is going on and giving realistic expectations of when they're going to be shipping.

I just ordered a pair of Shure SE846 from Amazon. Once they arrive if I like them I'm cancelling my JH order.

Dec 25, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #2,027 of 8,377
The items we have ordered are custom and new product. I will not say to relax as I am wanting them too. But I can say they are from my experience with three other orders faster than all the others I bought from. I can add you can talk to someone . I never had that opportunity with any of my other purchases . And one of my IEM,S. Got lost in the mail.

Dec 25, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #2,028 of 8,377
I agree that they need to work on their communications. I emailed Corbyn three times and got responses from two of them. They both said essentially the same thing, "shipping soon"...

I know this does not excuse them and is not he best way but:
The way I found out about mine was to register with FedEx.com and set it up to be notified of any packages coming my way.  Might help...
I also registered at UPS.com for the same reason. 
They both (ups and FedEx) send SMS texts or emails to let you know when a package is being sent to your address.  They also let you know status changes and exceptions that occur.

Also, because it is custom, I would expect BETTER communications than if it were mass produced.
It's like when I get pre-production samples from a vendor to show what they can do, I expect them to be 'perfect samples'.  It is surprising how many times we get sub-par samples.  I tells us that the company does not have their act together and that their production parts are going to be worse.  Or when they over promise and under deliver...I would rather they tell us realistic numbers and timelines.

Dec 25, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #2,029 of 8,377
popcorn.gif

Dec 25, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #2,030 of 8,377
  Guys this forum is for sharing information about Roxanne NOT cry about customer service.

Merry Christmas.

Sorry Pal, but their customer service related to the Roxanne is relevant.  Since these haven't been released yet, there is no new information about them and yet this thread is 136 pages long.
I've tried calling JH audio and am told the only one who can help me/give me info for some reason is Corbyn.  Apparently no one else is in the know about this product.  That right there is a poor strategy for your flagship product.

Well, I just got an automated call from FedEx I have a package arriving.  Checking the tracking number shows it's coming from Altamonte Springs, FL so I can only assume that's my order.  Again, no notice from JH audio my order had shipped.  If I'd known that I wouldn't have just ordered some Shure IEMs.

Dec 25, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #2,031 of 8,377
I'm thinking that the first person to get theirs should start a dedicated 'impressions' thread so we can start clean.  This one is building a lot of angst, though I do believe the discussions are relevant to the whole experience (less the ones that mods deleted of course).

Come on Friday...

ViscersiousZero, you said you get your Thursday right?

Dec 25, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #2,034 of 8,377
Hey guys, this guy's claims are perfectly reasonable. He should be able to say that his customer experience is less than perfect without having everybody, including people who have nothing to do with the debate, ganging up on him. If you buy a 1.5k ciem with a commitment on delays, you can expect to have your emails answered.

Leave people express their opinion, even when it is not just blind adoration. People lecturing the guy on how he should be patient is VERY obnoxious to me. Are you his parents or forum moderators?

I myself had good customer service from Angie until now, but I like to br on a forum where people can say otherwise.

Dec 25, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #2,035 of 8,377
Hey guys, this guy's claims are perfectly reasonable. He should be able to say that his customer experience is less than perfect without having everybody, including people who have nothing to do with the debate, ganging up on him. If you buy a 1.5k ciem with a commitment on delays, you can expect to have your emails answered.

Leave people express their opinion, even when it is not just blind adoration. People lecturing the guy on how he should be patient is VERY obnoxious to me. Are you his parents or forum moderators?

I myself had good customer service from Angie until now, but I like to br on a forum where people can say otherwise.

Normally I wouldn't say anything, but I find it very obnoxious to expect people to be working and answering promptly over the holidays.

Dec 25, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #2,036 of 8,377
Normally I wouldn't say anything, but I find it very obnoxious to expect people to be working and answering promptly over the holidays.

For some it is not, particularly when they have been waiting for a straight answer for some time now.  It's not likely they were expecting answers on Christmas day or even Christmas eve.  Guess it depends on where you live as to how long you consider the "Holidays" to be, also. Or even if it really is a holiday...

Dec 25, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #2,037 of 8,377
 Since these haven't been released yet, there is no new information about them and yet this thread is 136 pages long.

Anakchan and I have a loaner universal pair we can get a week each with, so you'll get more impressions soon. 

FYI too, Corbyn, as far as I know, doesn't handle orders.

Seriously though, focussing on how long it is taking just makes it worse...for you! Let's say I love the demos I get next week and I love them and want to order them. I'll have to wait 2-3 months after Februrary (the only time I can go to Tokyo and get impressions as I don't know how to do so locally) and pay MORE because I need to go through the Japanese distributor. 

So, you're lucky! 

Dec 25, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #2,038 of 8,377
I don't think the same people at JH working on Roxanne or other iems  is also responsible for answering mails/phone. They might add manpower in production of these ciems but I doubt they will do the same just to have someone answering emails.

I can only imagine how many emails they have been receiving daily especially now with Roxanne. Not to mention, email is not a guaranteed form of communication. Yes it can get lost one way or another.

Dec 25, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #2,039 of 8,377
I'm thinking that the first person to get theirs should start a dedicated 'impressions' thread so we can start clean.  This one is building a lot of angst, though I do believe the discussions are relevant to the whole experience (less the ones that mods deleted of course).

Come on Friday...

ViscersiousZero, you said you get your Thursday right?

Yep. Thursday night the latest

Dec 25, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #2,040 of 8,377
The wait is super long, and I was told late february to my disappointment... ButI understand there's an order to follow and a difficult production process going on so I will wait!

I just wish I didn't sell my SE846 so soon to fund this purchase because now I have no IEM's on the go.

End of the day, it was my decision so I can't complain too much. I just hope they blow me away!

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back