New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Dec 25, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #2,056 of 8,377
  Anyway, -BACK- to the product itself, so far I'm finding the Roxannes to be in it's own way revealing. Even though I find the low-to-mid trebles rather neutral, the upper trebles (above 10kHz? 12kHz?) seem to be ever so slightly more forward extend quite far and is prominent enough for me to pick up tiny nuances in some of the hires tracks I have - (e.g. the clicks in some of the DSD -> PCM converted tracks that make it sound like I'm listening to vinyl).

I've pretty much immersed myself into these earphones for 1/2 the week already and enjoying them quite a bit. At some point I'll need to switch back to my regular IEM compare the differences.

Did you find the sound a little too sharp? I got this when i demo them. I don't know if DAP make different.

Dec 25, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #2,057 of 8,377
I must have missed that. Thanks for telling me. I makes it easier to buy knowing its not going to be outdated in 3 months lol

I know the feeling... I bought the 13Pro FP mid 2013 and then suddenly Roxanne!

Dec 25, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #2,059 of 8,377

Wow, I see it is 12:15pm in the Phillipines right now (16 hours ahead of where I am, west coast US).  Excited to hear impressions from the first head-fier (aside from Jude) with custom Roxannes.  

Oh I'm actually in the West Coast right now, business trip, its heading directly to me :)

Dec 25, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #2,064 of 8,377
I am also excited for your impression. If you can, try to tune the bass to match the 13 as closely as possible, and then compare any differences in mid and high frequency presentation.

Will do. I've fallen for the highs of the hidition nt6-pro and while the 13s can't match that they're pretty close.

Dec 26, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #2,066 of 8,377
Is the variable bass more on the sub-bass or the mid-bass boost?

From JH site:

Variable bass output, adjustable from cable; user controlled low frequency drivers with the adjustable bass (0 - +15db).
Frequency ranges from flat bass response up to +15db (10hZ to 100 Hz.)

Dec 26, 2013 at 6:40 AM Post #2,067 of 8,377
Anyway, -BACK- to the product itself, so far I'm finding the Roxannes to be in it's own way revealing. Even though I find the low-to-mid trebles rather neutral, the upper trebles (above 10kHz? 12kHz?) seem to be ever so slightly more forward extend quite far and is prominent enough for me to pick up tiny nuances in some of the hires tracks I have - (e.g. the clicks in some of the DSD -> PCM converted tracks that make it sound like I'm listening to vinyl).

I've pretty much immersed myself into these earphones for 1/2 the week already and enjoying them quite a bit. At some point I'll need to switch back to my regular IEM compare the differences.

@Anakchan, how do you feel about the fit of them? Do they tend to droop for ur ears?

Dec 26, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #2,068 of 8,377
@Anakchan, how do you feel about the fit of them? Do they tend to droop for ur ears?

They fit quite fine actually. After prolonged use (i.e. 6 hrs? I did say I was going to totally immerse myself into these earphones for this week) though my ears do hurt a little but that's 'cos I'm too lazy to swap to a smaller tip. They fit in fine and seals throughout the whole time I have them on and they don't pop out.

Dec 26, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #2,069 of 8,377

They fit quite fine actually. After prolonged use (i.e. 6 hrs? I did say I was going to totally immerse myself into these earphones for this week) though my ears do hurt a little but that's 'cos I'm too lazy to swap to a smaller tip. They fit in fine and seals throughout the whole time I have them on and they don't pop out.

I tried 2 different demo units that had different sized tips, do you think those are Ortofon tips? 
Honestly, these are the largest IEMs i've tried and faceplates were sticking past my outer ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back