New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Jun 6, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #5,986 of 8,377
Does that mean JH doesn't do reshelling? Not that I'd want to wait for them to reshell anyway...

They certainly do not for second owners. Maybe for original owner. Second hand buyers would use another company for re shelling. The name of the company escapes me ATM.

Jun 8, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #5,990 of 8,377
  Yup, have you guys seen the Roxanne universal?  The CIEM sticks out  because of the number of drivers, and the universal looks like it can hardly stay in place because of it's size weight.  

Yeah - the uni Roxanne is just too big IMO, far larger than my TG!334 which is pushing my comfort level.  That demo K10 was like a dream in packaging, but looking at it in the light next to my custom Roxanne you could see how much work must have gone into it, there was almost no empty space in that shell.

I liked the K10 enough that I would have probably plunked down $1300 right then and there for a uni if it were that size.  But I wasn't blown away to the point that I was going to spend $1600 for another custom... not without some serious head time.

Jun 8, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #5,991 of 8,377

Yeah - the uni Roxanne is just too big IMO, far larger than my TG!334 which is pushing my comfort level.  That demo K10 was like a dream in packaging, but looking at it in the light next to my custom Roxanne you could see how much work must have gone into it, there was almost no empty space in that shell.

I liked the K10 enough that I would have probably plunked down $1300 right then and there for a uni if it were that size.  But I wasn't blown away to the point that I was going to spend $1600 for another custom... not without some serious head time.

What about it made you plunk down that much?  What aspects to sound did you like?

Jun 8, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #5,993 of 8,377
Guys I've moved the Noble K10 chat to the Noble Thread. I know the earlier posts didn't intend to go off-topic initially but followups quickly lead to OT. Please stay on topic.

Thank you.

Jun 8, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #5,996 of 8,377
Jun 9, 2014 at 7:18 AM Post #5,999 of 8,377
Thinking outside the box.....
I suppose you could reshell the Roxanne using a 2 pin connector. Install a small resistor inside the earpiece, inline with the bass drivers.

I think it's doable. ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back