New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Jun 10, 2014 at 6:29 AM Post #6,002 of 8,377
Did she say urs will ship this week or did she use the magic word "estimate" cos mine was "estimated" to ship last week in the 2 emails we exchanged that week and till now there's nth to prove it actually has left their lab.
Only believe what they say when u receive fedex mail or get them in ur hands.
I believe we all know how untrustworthy/unprofessional/despicable they are when it comes to CF Roxannes.
<- impressions received 9/12/13

Just in from Corbyn
yet another delaying email.

depression turning into rage

Jun 10, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #6,003 of 8,377
After pressuring they now replied with the following:

The order will be shipping out sometime next week It's already finished and will now have the custom case made. E cannot change the order it already been built.

To me it sounds like an excuse for not refunding and buying some more time. But who knows, next week we will know the truth.

Jun 10, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #6,007 of 8,377
Victory!!

Nice! Open it! 
L3000.gif

Jun 10, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #6,008 of 8,377
Listening right now with my AK120.  FYI, I got a free pair of PFE 122 along with it, and Earphone Solutions promised to ship me a balanced cable in July :).

Jun 10, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #6,010 of 8,377

How you finding it?

Totally unbelievable.  I once think it is crazy to spend over $1k for IEMs, and look at me now... Also:

1, make sure you double check the bass settings, as mine came in maxed out and I didn't realized until I finished my tests... -_-;.  I was thinking it was way too warm with my AK120 and ok with my DX90.  Once I tune it back to neutral it is perfect for me.
2, in stock form it has the medium silicon tips, which is a ted small compare to the regular medium size tips we are used to.  Also it didn't seal quite right for such a heavy IEM, so I changed to the included medium comply foam ones and it is now so much better.
3, I don't think anyone mentioned this, but during testing I am getting some kind of signal interference from the cable with the AK120 once.  Not sure why and it hasn't happened again since.
4, the wires did not feel heavy at all

If you are on the fence, I suggest you get it now.  Earphone Solutions has the UniRox instock now, with free shipping, free PFE 122, AND free 4 pole TRRS cable later in July, plus no more waiting unlike the custom version.  I know it is not cheap, but again this is Head-Fi and we are all sorry for our wallet.

Jun 10, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #6,011 of 8,377
  Totally unbelievable.  I once think it is crazy to spend over $1k for IEMs, and look at me now... Also:

1, make sure you double check the bass settings, as mine came in maxed out and I didn't realized until I finished my tests... -_-;.  I was thinking it was way too warm with my AK120 and ok with my DX90.  Once I tune it back to neutral it is perfect for me.
2, in stock form it has the medium silicon tips, which is a ted small compare to the regular medium size tips we are used to.  Also it didn't seal quite right for such a heavy IEM, so I changed to the included medium comply foam ones and it is now so much better.
3, I don't think anyone mentioned this, but during testing I am getting some kind of signal interference from the cable with the AK120 once.  Not sure why and it hasn't happened again since.
4, the wires did not feel heavy at all

If you are on the fence, I suggest you get it now.  Earphone Solutions has the UniRox instock now, with free shipping, free PFE 122, AND free 4 pole TRRS cable later in July, plus no more waiting unlike the custom version.  I know it is not cheap, but again this is Head-Fi and we are all sorry for our wallet.

I am actually on the fence of whether I should sell it or not. From what a lot people is saying JH13 or 16 is probably the way to go. The bass tuning is more of a gimmick, which we are paying for it. I've only got W4R GR07 and SE846 to compare with, also k3003i (Memory comparison as I don't own it anymore). 

The cable smells really bad tho, you didn't notice that? for $1k + I do find the accessories are pretty bad, in comparison to my Se846.  

Jun 11, 2014 at 4:38 AM Post #6,012 of 8,377
The latest happy episode in my Roxanne love story:

Hello,

I think you are just trying on purpose to provide me with the worst service ever. I sent you two emails to change the shipping address, and was concerned that you had NOT done it because the shipping address on the website was still wrong. Your answer was the following:

“We update addresses in your folder, not on the website because we ship from your folder. Your order should be shipping out in the next few weeks.”

However, I just received notification from Fedex that my package was going to be delivered at my old address in Shanghai. I now live in Beijing and told you so. You confirmed you changed the address and you actually DID NOT. This is going to cause an endless hassle for me from Chinese Fedex and the Chinese Tax Office that I ABSOLUTELY WANTED TO AVOID.

I really do not understand what you have against me, but you are really making my life MUCH harder.

Thank you for nothing.

Michael

Jun 11, 2014 at 5:33 AM Post #6,013 of 8,377

I am actually on the fence of whether I should sell it or not. From what a lot people is saying JH13 or 16 is probably the way to go. The bass tuning is more of a gimmick, which we are paying for it. I've only got W4R GR07 and SE846 to compare with, also k3003i (Memory comparison as I don't own it anymore). 

The cable smells really bad tho, you didn't notice that? for $1k + I do find the accessories are pretty bad, in comparison to my Se846.  

My cable has ZERO smell...

If you want custom then sure, I am sticking to my UniRox as I don't have a pair of molds and universal IEM will always be easier to resell.  Also it has a much more balanced sound compare to the W4R, and the instrument separation is simply amazing.  I am definitely keeping mine for a while.

Jun 11, 2014 at 6:17 AM Post #6,014 of 8,377

Wish I had seen this a few days ago.  I went ahead and bought the AKR03 off ebay for much more...  Oh well, guess I will have to convince myself I paid extra for the "custom tuning"

Jun 11, 2014 at 6:45 AM Post #6,015 of 8,377

Wish I had seen this a few days ago.  I went ahead and bought the AKR03 off ebay for much more...  Oh well, guess I will have to convince myself I paid extra for the "custom tuning"

I do prefer the AKR03 instead as I am using mine with my AK120.  However, I don't think the AKR03 was retuned from the UniRox, since Earphone Solutions told me that they are identical other than branding and the TRRS cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back