New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Dec 16, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #1,591 of 8,377
Firstly,I highly doubt anyone will recieve it before xmas.

I take it most of the PPL at MOOK probably was listening to some chinese/korean pop music ( which is know for bad recording) .

At Mook I listened to these tracks which I believe were all mastered/recorded properly at 24/96-192 and to me has a lot of detail accross the FR.

REM - Radio free Europe
Metallica - Wherever you may roam

Not so good recording (16/44) but still lots of detail.

GnR - Night Train

Source - DX50/C5D/UHA-4

The Roxanne handled both 24 bit recordings. The details in the mid/high does not appear to change while you adjust the bass. The bass itself is full and detailed.

As for the 16-bit recording has the same impact on the bass but the detail retrieval on the mids/highs are almost at the same level as my JH16.

Dec 16, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #1,592 of 8,377
Did anyone say they got the shipping info? I only saw one post that suggests they've started to ship but did not say he received fedex email with the shipped notification. Gotta read between the lines
smily_headphones1.gif

Yup you are right, but confirmed with Angie there are some shipped out but not CF version.

Dec 16, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #1,594 of 8,377
Yeah so in the meantime just take the chill pill and wait patiently.

I'm impatient because i tough some got it but i'm not, just like queue macdonal but they don't serve my food and telling me the fries is still cooking so i got to wait for 5 min, but people queue behind me got their meal. JH saying delay because of cable, but acrylic version will ship this week. I can accept that if they tell CF causing the delay,  and i will just switch to acrylic.

Dec 16, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #1,595 of 8,377
At Mook I listened to these tracks which I believe were all mastered/recorded properly at 24/96-192 and to me has a lot of detail accross the FR.

REM - Radio free Europe
Metallica - Wherever you may roam

Not so good recording (16/44) but still lots of detail.

GnR - Night Train

Source - DX50/C5D/UHA-4

The Roxanne handled both 24 bit recordings. The details in the mid/high does not appear to change while you adjust the bass. The bass itself is full and detailed.

As for the 16-bit recording has the same impact on the bass but the detail retrieval on the mids/highs are almost at the same level as my JH16.

How about sound stage wise? Does the roxanne sound more open and airy? In theory they should...but this is just theory .

Dec 16, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #1,596 of 8,377
  I'm impatient because i tough some got it but i'm not, just like queue macdonal but they don't serve my food and telling me the fries is still cooking so i got to wait for 5 min, but people queue behind me got their meal. JH saying delay because of cable, but acrylic version will ship this week. I can accept that if they tell CF causing the delay,  and i will just switch to acrylic.

There are many others quietly waiting too.

Dec 16, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #1,597 of 8,377
I agree with fit and holding it in my ears. And after an hour of trailing all the universal JH models I thought my ears were bleeding. The best I have used are Shure earphones, so clearly I'm no audio/head phile. But comparing all JH models to the Roxanne was amazing. The music had new definition, spaciousness and warmth. I initially didn't like JH13, it seemed a bit thin. Like it lacked definition. Sound was crisp and clean but seemed to lean heavily toward mids and highs. I didn't totally love the JH 16 either. Seemed a bit dark and leaned much more heavily toward the lows. After multiple back and forth with those models, the 13's sound grew on me and I was going to buy them. Then the Roxanne's arrived. Total game charger for me. Best of all worlds. Had all the crisp detail of 13 but added a new level of spaciousness. Had the bass of 16 but it was much less dark and heavy. Perfect blend of all the tones for me.

I thought the universal Roxanne fit better than the universal demos of all other models but it did stick out a bit and was heavy. I held on to them to maintain maintain a perfect seal. Mr Harvey said the final version had a much slimmer profile.

I have zero anxiety about this expensive purchase. The sound is phenomenal to me. Now I just need to figure out how I can get clearance from the control tower for the AK 120 to go alone with my new ears.

one of 2 things that I hope could improve after listening to the demo universals, was the size of the unit itself.
The demo uf fit okay for me but they were sticking out pass my pinna.
If the final version is going to be slimmer like what JH mentioned, that'll be awesome.
The other thing is the slightly harsh treble that I was hearing on some ALAC tracks I tried from my AK120, which I'm hoping might improve after burn-in.

Dec 16, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #1,599 of 8,377
one of 2 things that I hope could improve after listening to the demo universals, was the size of the unit itself.
The demo uf fit okay for me but they were sticking out pass my pinna.
If the final version is going to be slimmer like what JH mentioned, that'll be awesome.
The other thing is the slightly harsh treble that I was hearing on some ALAC tracks I tried from my AK120, which I'm hoping might improve after burn-in.

Output impedance of the AK120 should not be overlooked, when judging bass &/or treble performance of a multi-BA CIEM.

I'm not saying it is causing the treble characteristic you heard; I'm just saying it should be considered.

UM Miracle treble sounds splashy when OI is too high, for example.

Dec 16, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #1,600 of 8,377
I've just cleaned up a bunch of silly posts. Keep on topic, stop spreading rumours, and stop falling for them. In doubt -report- and Admin/Mods will make the final call to clean it up or leave it.

Dec 16, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #1,601 of 8,377
Mython I agree with you except I own the ak120. And several low imp IEM,S. And I cannot say why but they sound fine . And I have a HDPR10'to compare. As well. You know the first rendition of the go dap it had a imp of 40 ohms how stupid of them well the jh audio sounded horrible . Not the ak120 and mine is stock. So I understand it but not with that amp .

Al D

Dec 16, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #1,602 of 8,377
There are many others quietly waiting too.

Yep.

I will just say one thing, though. I hope I get mine in before the Black Friday orders because I did idiotically pay full price, and I'd be disappointed... at least until I put them in my ears. :p

Dec 16, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #1,604 of 8,377
How about sound stage wise? Does the roxanne sound more open and airy? In theory they should...but this is just theory .

Im least sensitive to soundstage and depth. I really need to focus listening and in a very quiet room so I can perceive any difference and size soundstage. This is the aspect I didn't pay attention. However, I can hear each instruments playing even the soft ones. So separation is quite good

Dec 16, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #1,605 of 8,377
If people are so concerned about cf option delays, I'm sure they could change to acrylic since it's still in pre-production for most.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back