New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Dec 16, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #1,576 of 8,377
This thread is huge....Dont know if it has been said before or even if I myself maybe have said it?
But even without hearing them......From what I have deduced from various people's opinions..To me The Roxanne is Both the JH13 &16 in one.
That is where the bass enhancer plays its part.

Dec 16, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #1,577 of 8,377
  This thread is huge....Dont know if it has been said before or even if I myself maybe have said it?
But even without hearing them......From what I have deduced from various people's opinions..To me The Roxanne is Both the JH13 &16 in one.

Haha yes, I hope so, the ultimate Hybrid JH CIEM with adjustable madness in a Carbon Fibre Batman suit yiha!

Dec 16, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #1,579 of 8,377

For me it took the best parts from each and perfected them. Made them whole and complete. But not to say its a better JH 13 or a better JH 16. It's a totally different spaciousness. For my rookie ears, it was a revelation. All the tones sounded better, warmer, enjoyable. The adjustable bass seems like it could/would make an appeal to a much wider audience. At this point, I think that part is a bonus.

At the beginning, I didn't love the JH 13. I like it, but I didn't love it. After going between models, the sound grew on me. When I put the Roxanne on, it was like bam!! This is it!!!

Ok, how about going to the grocery store and getting a Hershey candy bar. It's chocolate and it's good. You eat it. No complaints, it's delicious. Now you get a piece of truly fine chocolate. It's chocolate, right? It's different, it's better, it more delicious, it's more refined, it's more pleasing...it's Roxanne. Fine ear chocolate.

I think I'm losing it. Send me my new toy, please!

Dec 16, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #1,580 of 8,377
Firstly,I highly doubt anyone will recieve it before xmas.

Secondly, we should all wait for a few proper review before jumping to conclusion. The impressions so far has been rather brief and non descriptive. We don't even know what source and song being used for the test. I take it most of the PPL at MOOK probably was listening to some chinese/korean pop music ( which is know for bad recording) . I know because I am a chinese as well. They sound crap on my desktop rig on my LCD3. So ya they could be right about treble be harsh but that could be the recording , and roxanne is resolving so much detail that you can hear all the undesire noise. A good piece of audio equipment will not make crappy recording sound good but make it sound 10 times worst. I am looking forward to testing it with some proper DSD recording/file and see if she can handle it.

Lastly, I think everyone including myself might be expecting too much from her. I am confident it will be better than all other JH products but just don't expect it to be night and day. And no she will not do your dirty laundry or save your marriage.

Dec 16, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #1,581 of 8,377
I hope you are right, but I'm using both English and Chinese song, none of the fit ear having the harsh treble issue. Same track used.

Dec 16, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #1,582 of 8,377
Just got a reply from JH, nevertheless, it seems like a standardized 'just hold on and wait' message:

Hi Jonathan,

We want to apologize for the delay in shipping your new custom Roxanne product. Although we are so humbled and thankful for the very high demand of this product, it has caused a setback in getting these out to you in the time we had originally hoped. We will begin shipping someorders this week, but the processing of your order will depend on when you purchased your product and if you ordered the Carbon Fiber material (CarbonFiber material takes a longer amount of time to process). It is not necessary to contact us to check the status of your order; you will receive a notification from Fed Ex when your new custom product is shipping, We thank you so much for your patience!

Thanks,
Angie

Dec 16, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #1,583 of 8,377
I hope you are right, but I'm using both English and Chinese song, none of the fit ear having the harsh treble issue. Same track used.

I take it is from the same source? I think the harshness comes from the 20K + frequence band which fitear can't resolve. Just my guess. Have you manage to ask JH about the treble harshness?

Dec 16, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #1,584 of 8,377

I take it is from the same source? I think the harshness comes from the 20K + frequence band which fitear can't resolve. Just my guess. Have you manage to ask JH about the treble harshness?
yup same source same track, ak120b balance out to Sr-71b. I reduce the EQ on 4k to -2 it. The harsh gone. This make me confuse, is 4 k treble???

Dec 16, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #1,585 of 8,377
Just got a reply from JH, nevertheless, it seems like a standardized 'just hold on and wait' message:

Hi Jonathan,

We want to apologize for the delay in shipping your new custom Roxanne product. Although we are so humbled and thankful for the very high demand of this product, it has caused a setback in getting these out to you in the time we had originally hoped. We will begin shipping someorders this week, but the processing of your order will depend on when you purchased your product and if you ordered the Carbon Fiber material (CarbonFiber material takes a longer amount of time to process). It is not necessary to contact us to check the status of your order; you will receive a notification from Fed Ex when your new custom product is shipping, We thank you so much for your patience!

Thanks,
Angie

I'm responded to her mail and said that very disappointed as in 1st on queue get nothing but someone else got it 1st requested to cancel order!

Dec 16, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #1,586 of 8,377
I'm responded to her mail and said that very disappointed as in 1st on queue get nothing but someone else got it 1st requested to cancel order!

Did someone already receive them then? I haven't heard of them being shipped already... Btw, I expect mine in Jan. I ordered on BF so... Haha just want to know from then when they start carving those beauties!

Dec 16, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #1,589 of 8,377
  Unless you mod it with the RWAK120/S/B. A cheaper option would also be the AK100 mk2.

The price for its performance and spec doesn't make sense. Modding it just pushed the price further to insane levels. Only goes to show the design of the AKs is flawed. 

Dec 16, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #1,590 of 8,377
The price for its performance and spec doesn't make sense. Modding it just pushed the price further to insane levels. Only goes to show the design of the AKs is flawed. 

Agree...I am looking for a DAP as well to mate with roxanne. I might wait for the next gen from the AK series.
BTW anyone know when they might be releasing it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back