New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Dec 16, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #1,606 of 8,377
I'm impatient because i tough some got it but i'm not, just like queue macdonal but they don't serve my food and telling me the fries is still cooking so i got to wait for 5 min, but people queue behind me got their meal. JH saying delay because of cable, but acrylic version will ship this week. I can accept that if they tell CF causing the delay,  and i will just switch to acrylic.

Like I said before, I highly doubt it is the cable that is causing the hold up.

Dec 16, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #1,607 of 8,377
Apart from the delay, the CF option is a steal for $200...its **** load of work and time to make them. I think JH is regretting charging only 200 for it and basically giving it out for free with the BF sale.

Dec 16, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #1,608 of 8,377
Apart from the delay, the CF option is a steal for $200...its **** load of work and time to make them. I think JH is regretting charging only 200 for it and basically giving it out for free with the BF sale.

What actually is benefit of CF to shell out 200 bucks extra other than aesthetics/cool factor?

Dec 16, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #1,609 of 8,377
I understand its a matter of principle but in life principle is secondary. First and foremost, you chose to commission JHA to produce a ciem. They did not really state a deadline to deliver and charge you a bomb for it but you chose to go ahead with it because you think its going to be a crazy ass mind blowing ciem.

And now you're here complaining without facts to back your claims. If this is your first ciem I can understand your "excitement". We all went through the same process but this waiting game is normal across all brands.

And take note Roxanne is a pre-order and the word pre-order pretty much explains itself.
As I said I can understand the delay. If it's due to CF, I will just switch to Acrylic no big deal. I can wait if it's because of material shortages issue. But I can't accept if someone behind the queue getting it but I'm not. That the reason I'm queuing. Yes It's my 1st CIEM yeah I'm very exited. Now they tell me CF would be delay I asked if I can just switch to Acrylic but no respond.

Dec 16, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #1,610 of 8,377
What actually is benefit of CF to shell out 200 bucks extra other than aesthetics/cool factor?

Nothing really...purely for the looks..lol...

ooh..It might be a bit stronger if you intend to have a car run over it ..the connector should be held in a bit stronger and if you happen to sit on it at an angle it might not rip the connector off the shell.

So ya...99.9% eye candy

Dec 16, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #1,611 of 8,377
Nothing really...purely for the looks..lol...

ooh..It might be a bit stronger if you intend to have a car run over it ..the connector should be held in a bit stronger and if you happen to sit on it at an angle it might not rip the connector off the shell.

So ya...99.9% eye candy

I would actually prefer acrylic to CF, but, in spite of this, I don't mind admitting that I have once had a CIEM break where the ear canal section meets the main shell, so a CF shell might have avoided that situation happening.

"You pays yer money & you takes yer pick..."

Dec 16, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #1,612 of 8,377
As I said I can understand the delay. If it's due to CF, I will just switch to Acrylic no big deal. I can wait if it's because of material shortages issue. But I can't accept if someone behind the queue getting it but I'm not. That the reason I'm queuing. Yes It's my 1st CIEM yeah I'm very exited. Now they tell me CF would be delay I asked if I can just switch to Acrylic but no respond.

Don't stress about ppl jumping the queue.. I am not sure if you know how CF are made. They could have worked on a few Acrylic ones while yours were in the oven baking. If you are high in the queue you probably can't change now as they have probably start making yours. There is alot of waiting time in making CF, my guess is it probably have to go in the oven at less 2-3 times to complete.

Dec 16, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #1,613 of 8,377
Don't stress about ppl jumping the queue.. I am not sure if you know how CF are made. They could have worked on a few Acrylic ones while yours were in the oven baking. If you are high in the queue you probably can't change now as they have probably start making yours. There is alot of waiting time in making CF, my guess is it probably have to go in the oven at less 2-3 times to complete.

Yeah, i know it's harder to make, JH mentioned it take 5 more days to make for CF version as it take time to cure. Thanks to all those misleading info from JH that make me think they had done that shell just wait for cable to ship, I think they probably have more technical issue, frankly speaking when looking at the finishing on JH CF shell, it had quite a lot flaw there i don't really mind to switch to acrylic. safe the money to get another pair of 334
wink.gif

Dec 16, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #1,614 of 8,377
Yeah, i know it's harder to make, JH mentioned it take 5 more days to make for CF version as it take time to cure. Thanks to all those misleading info from JH that make me think they had done that shell just wait for cable to ship, I think they probably have more technical issue, frankly speaking when looking at the finishing on JH CF shell, it had quite a lot flaw there i don't really mind to switch to acrylic. safe the money to get another pair of 334:wink:  .

5 days to cure?? Sound like to me it not the same kind of CF as cars uses. I think what JHA are doing is putting normal clear fiber glass resin on carbon fiber cloth and wait for it to cure at room temp instead of using the proper carbon fiber resin and putting it in an oven and baking it. cosmetically it looks the same but just not as strong as the real deal.

Dec 16, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #1,615 of 8,377
5 days to cure?? Sound like to me it not the same kind of CF as cars uses. I think what JHA are doing is putting normal clear fiber glass resin on carbon fiber cloth and wait for it to cure at room temp instead of using the proper carbon fiber resin and putting it in an oven and baking it. cosmetically it looks the same but just not as strong as the real deal.

Wait, not 5 day to cure, i think there is few more process, he only mention curing take overnight.

Dec 16, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #1,616 of 8,377
Wait, not 5 day to cure, i think there is few more process, he only mention curing take overnight.

doesn't matter it just for looks anyway...but ya it would take a few days longer ...i don't think yours is far off..
If they started shipping non CF ones then I would expect the CF ones to start shipping at the end of this week.

Dec 16, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #1,617 of 8,377
doesn't matter it just for looks anyway...but ya it would take a few days longer ...i don't think yours is far off..
If they started shipping non CF ones then I would expect the CF ones to start shipping at the end of this week.

I hope so, they got my impression ear oct before it announce, i think they have some difficulty. Either material or manufacturing. Just sit back and wait .

Dec 16, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #1,619 of 8,377
Hi Guys shout out to you from singapore, I am considering purchasing the Roxanne but i do need some advice, I am considering between getting the Universals and Customs because of the fact that i have not had a customs before therefore i am a little uneasy to try that on such an expensive equipment and when i do get them and i prefer the universal fit i would regret. Could any one advice me on the pros and cons on getting a universal vs customs?

Dec 17, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #1,620 of 8,377
  Hi Guys shout out to you from singapore, I am considering purchasing the Roxanne but i do need some advice, I am considering between getting the Universals and Customs because of the fact that i have not had a customs before therefore i am a little uneasy to try that on such an expensive equipment and when i do get them and i prefer the universal fit i would regret. Could any one advice me on the pros and cons on getting a universal vs customs?

I'm getting the universal. I find that it fits fine, just that the earpiece is too big sticking out pass my pinna.
Also, jlcichocki mentioned earlier in the thread that the final uf will have a slimmer profile so I'm hoping that is true.
Considering there are so many drivers cramped in there, I would venture a guess that all the difference sizes of customed shells will give them trouble in manufacture.
Thus I would go for uf version since it is a standard size that they've tried and tested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back