New Hifiman HE-5LE planar magnetic headphone
Apr 10, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #196 of 1,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by Landis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am intrigued and aroused!

Also, what's the deal with this headphone stand, it's making wild things happen in my pants!

Yeah, I'd buy the phones right now if the stand came with them
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 10, 2010 at 2:54 AM Post #197 of 1,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by Br777 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yerp, fang posted it a few posts back... 4 pin xlr with converter to 1/8"
they are also saying the cable in general is much higher quality

Just for the record it's a 1/4" converter (6.5mm), not a mini 1/8"

Apr 10, 2010 at 2:54 AM Post #198 of 1,933
Quote:

do it! we can be broke pre-order buddies
beerchug.gif
plus if you dont order now, youll order later and you wont make the "first 20" ship mark and youll curse yourself for having to wait another month or whatever it takes

I've officially busted my headphone budget. LoL. Ordered! I think I'll get drunk now. Oh wait, I can't afford it. Lmao!

EDIT: we can both not get drunk together! Lmao

Apr 10, 2010 at 2:58 AM Post #200 of 1,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by shotmaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How will the converter effect/degrade the sound quality?

Apr 10, 2010 at 2:59 AM Post #201 of 1,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by baka1969 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've officially busted my headphone budget. LoL. Ordered! I think I'll get drunk now. Oh wait, I can't afford it. Lmao!

Good for you! When they arrive and you sober up, you'll have to let us know your thoughts!

I really did like the HE5s when I tried them just this past weekend. Really clear and fun presentation!

Enjoy!
biggrin.gif

Apr 10, 2010 at 3:09 AM Post #202 of 1,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good for you! When they arrive and you sober up, you'll have to let us know your thoughts!

I really did like the HE5s when I tried them just this past weekend. Really clear and fun presentation!

Enjoy!
biggrin.gif

I couldn't hold out for your HD800 anymore.
biggrin.gif

I really hope they will surpass all the things I like about the 701 and improve upon some of what I needs. Notably a bit more (3-5db) bass where the 701 tends to roll off. Without losing the AKG definition.

You mentioned they were fun. Sometimes saying a headphone is fun, that's code for them being colored. Like Grados. Is that what you found on the non LE version?

Peace,

Apr 10, 2010 at 3:26 AM Post #204 of 1,933
do the LE's use the same cable connector as the HE-5's, thereby making cables interchangable between the two models?

Apr 10, 2010 at 3:30 AM Post #205 of 1,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by shotmaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

wow.. *slaps head* I would claim typo, but the keys are a bit far apart for that
biggrin.gif
... anyway...yeah... the big one
biggrin.gif

Apr 10, 2010 at 3:32 AM Post #206 of 1,933
ok seriously, does anyone know where to get that stand. I just bought this sweet glass head... snicker... but that one is just perfectly elegant, and the LE's deserve something elegant

Apr 10, 2010 at 3:41 AM Post #207 of 1,933
Quote:

I couldn't hold out for your HD800 anymore.
biggrin.gif

I really hope they will surpass all the things I like about the 701 and improve upon some of what I needs. Notably a bit more (3-5db) bass where the 701 tends to roll off. Without losing the AKG definition.

You mentioned they were fun. Sometimes saying a headphone is fun, that's code for them being colored. Like Grados. Is that what you found on the non LE version?

Peace,

They (HE5 non LE) did seem more of a coloured and fun headphone than the more neutral T1/HD800. But they certainly were great.

The thing I really liked about them over the K70x is that the vocals (male and female) really stood out and were super clear. As well, the bass was certainly more impactful. Very impressive cans!

Apr 10, 2010 at 3:42 AM Post #208 of 1,933
Quote:

ok seriously, does anyone know where to get that stand. I just bought this sweet glass head... snicker... but that one is just perfectly elegant, and the LE's deserve something elegant

I was reading your sig. You're impatient? I'm just plain impulsive. I ordered the HF-2 about a hour and a half after they were announced. I was in the first batch of Magnum Lites. And now, the HE-5LE preorder. It's an illness. LoL

I think the glass head is cool. I'll just use my empty tequila bottle. 1800 Silver. LoL.

Apr 10, 2010 at 3:52 AM Post #209 of 1,933
Quote:

I was reading your sig. You're impatient? I'm just plain impulsive. I ordered the HF-2 about a hour and a half after they were announced. I was in the first batch of Magnum Lites. And now, the HE-5LE preorder. It's an illness. LoL

I think the glass head is cool. I'll just use my empty tequila bottle. 1800 Silver. LoL.

unfortunately for me impulsiveness and impatience dont always get along... now i have to waaaaaaaait foreeeeeeeeeeeever for these bad boys to ship... I wonder how much over night from china costs
tongue.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back