New Hifiman HE-5LE planar magnetic headphone
Apr 10, 2010 at 6:10 PM Post #228 of 1,933
Agreeably gorgeous, indeed. Good for Head-Direct! I love my HE-5 and am a little sad that I will not be getting these in the immediate future... still, I am glad Head-Direct's ortho lineup is now a lineage. The predecessor is great, so the LE is a lot to look forward to.

Apr 10, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #229 of 1,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by tvrboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uh.... I'm guessing more than 20 people have "pre-ordered" this headphone now. I'd bet that there is a spillover that won't get theirs until the next batch gets produced. I hope I'm not one of those people...

I'm pretty sure u pre ordered b4 me and they told me I was in for the first batch

they said if u recieved a confirmation email/ reciept when u ordered then u r in for the first batch. she said once the 20 was met the orders would just kick back like they were out of stock or something

Apr 10, 2010 at 9:17 PM Post #230 of 1,933
I ordered mine and got an acknowledgment of my payment, so guess I am also in the first round. Just couldn't pass them up since they already come terminated for balanced.
Ron

Apr 10, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #231 of 1,933
Very excited about these headphones. Loved the HE-5s I heard at a recent meet. Liked them better than the HD-800, but that could have just been the cost-conscious part of my brain asserting its authority.

Any idea how long the stock cable will be?

Apr 10, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #232 of 1,933
Beautiful pair of headphones!
I really do think the black finish looks so much nicer than the brown finish of the HE5. 4-pin XLR, aka balanced termination, is awesome as well.

/me who though I was done!
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...but Headroom is listing the HE5-LEs in stock:

HiFiMan HE5-LE Headphones | HeadRoom Audio

and ready to ship.
biggrin.gif

Hmmm -> "The page you were looking for is not longer available."
Guess not ready to ship after all..

Apr 10, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #233 of 1,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beautiful pair of headphones!
I really do think the black finish looks so much nicer than the brown finish of the HE5. 4-pin XLR, aka balanced termination, is awesome as well.

/me who though I was done!
tongue.gif

Hmmm -> "The page you were looking for is not longer available."
Guess not ready to ship after all..

as i mentioned on the other he5le thread, head direct said they wont be ready for another week, and i bet only head direct will carry the first round.
Fang came on later and confirmed that he was going contact head room and let them know they made a mistake

Apr 10, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #234 of 1,933
I got payment confirmation and I see the transaction in my online Bank Statement already. May be I'd get these on the first batch too. I think I'd check with Head Direct and see if I am in the first batch.

Apr 10, 2010 at 10:34 PM Post #235 of 1,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by sree /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got payment confirmation and I see the transaction in my online Bank Statement already. May be I'd get these on the first batch too. I think I'd check with Head Direct and see if I am in the first batch.

let us know whic amp u decide on and how it goes, i just ordered the ef5 to match the LE's - everyone says its a good match

Apr 11, 2010 at 1:30 AM Post #238 of 1,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i wonder why grado has no problem making headphones with wood cups but head-direct can't.

I think it may be because Grado's wooden parts are pretty thick and straight forward (they are just cups), while the HE-5's were thin wood that had to go around a larger air chamber.

Apr 11, 2010 at 1:31 AM Post #239 of 1,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by gbacic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it may be because Grado's wooden parts are pretty thick and straight forward (they are just cups), while the HE-5's were thin wood that had to go around a larger air chamber.

Might also be the wood. What kind of wood is used in the HE-5?

Apr 11, 2010 at 1:43 AM Post #240 of 1,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still prefer the RS-1 over the HE-5.

Agreed.

The HE-5s are great cans, but in the end I still prefer the RS1/RS1i.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back