New Hifiman HE-5LE planar magnetic headphone
Apr 9, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #166 of 1,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by tim3320070 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In your opinion, how was the treble between the two? Is the LE less bright?

Yes...it manages to e less bright and yet still maintains the detail in the upper spectrum (if you can understand what I mean by that). The highs are where the should be without any loss off information (if that makes sense).

Apr 9, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #167 of 1,933
Maybe there is misunderstanding. Coating thickness of HE-5LE is a little thicker than HE-5. Diaphragm is thinner.

Comparing to HE-5, HE-5LE is:
1. More balanced sound signature: No more harsh treble on most headphone amps.
2. Lighter weight: Use for longer time and will not easily feel tired.
3. More reliable, no more cracking wood problem.
4. Better OFC cable with 4pin XLR (same to K1000) and XLR to 6.5mm converter.

I am posting two pics of HE-5LE with old HE-5 headband and headpads. New Headband and pads will be ready next week. Then we will ship preorders.

IMG_4878-2.jpg

IMG_4857-2.jpg

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Apr 9, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #168 of 1,933
such gorgeous-ness
i was in doubt about getting the HE5LE, and was gona just get the wood HE5,
but now seeing these blacked-out HE5LE...i'm so sold...
they reminds me of the matte-black C63 my buddy has...
now...i just need to wait for the updated EF5 version!
and i'm gona buy them!...meanwhile...pray that there's going to be a combo deal!

Apr 9, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #169 of 1,933
Okay, so at first I was a little disappointed in the lack of wood. But I believe those sexy pictures just changed my mind.

I may have decided on my next upgrade! Provided they haven't been updated a dozen more times by the time I want to upgrade.

Apr 9, 2010 at 11:52 PM Post #170 of 1,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Injury /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, so at first I was a little disappointed in the lack of wood. But I believe those sexy pictures just changed my mind..

I'll second that! Wow!

Apr 9, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #171 of 1,933
SOOOOOOOOOO glad i pre ordered!!! sweeeeeet photos! just like i imagined!! can anyone confirm that there is going to be an upgraded ef5? im asking because i just ordered the ef5 to power these Beautiful beasts!

Apr 10, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #174 of 1,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nankai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EF5 is powerful enough to drive HE-5LE so that we will not release an improved EF5.

thanks for that. WOW am I excited about these headphones. I may never upgrade again!
wink_face.gif
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back