New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
May 31, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #2,345 of 2,616
Usb audio out still not functional, tried
Anybody managed to download newest firmware? Can not open the download link.

I did, but usb audio still does not work for me nor with iFi nor with Teac

May 31, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #2,348 of 2,616
I don't get it, but if you are facing some sort of transfer issues between your laptop and player why don't use ap200 to download the file from the link directly into the dap?

Jun 3, 2018 at 6:50 AM Post #2,352 of 2,616
Usb out full of static after updating firmware in both android and pure music mode.
UAPP hang whenever I tried to play any track.
Thia firmware doesn't fix anything for me. In fact it's going backwards.

Then I am lucky since I have not been able to upload and install the new firmware. :smile_phones:

I could do it but now I think I won't. The one thing I wanted, a Line Out option in settings for the headphone jack, is not included so why bother. Luckily I enjoy it the way that I have been using it. Playing albums in pure music mode.

Jun 3, 2018 at 7:57 AM Post #2,353 of 2,616
Just tried USB out with Pure Music, UAPP, Onkyo HF and Tidal. It doesn't work, period. Full of static noise and distorted sound. It is a shame to claim that new firmware fixed anything with the USB out. In fact it sounds much worse now. No line-out and no USB out after such a long time is very frustrating.

Baked the project on July 20, my AP200 was shipped on November 11. Now we are into June and the player doesn't work as promised and advertised. The AP200 kickstarter page claimed that it will work with external DACs like Mojo and iFi. "AP200 also can be used as a digital transport when connected to an external DAC, such as Chord Mojo, IFI Micro iDSD. The 3.5mm headphone jack of the AP200 can be used either to connect to a set of headphones/IEMs, or as a line out to connect to an external amplifier or powered speakers. No compromises."
Seriously? Come on Hidizs, do something to keep your promise. This photo is from the AP200 Kickstarter page:

AP200 Mojo.png

Jun 3, 2018 at 8:04 AM Post #2,354 of 2,616
The 3.5mm headphone jack of the AP200 can be used either to connect to a set of headphones/IEMs, or as a line out to connect to an external amplifier or powered speakers. No compromises."

I thought I had seen that somewhere... but I was starting to think I might be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back