New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Jun 7, 2018 at 3:36 AM Post #2,371 of 2,616
I have tested it with a Mojo, it has static noise, bad sound quality and disconnects quite often. It sounds much worse than a smartphone connected to Mojo. When I try to play from Tidal app, it won't output any sound. Is there some special USB-out setting to be changed?
Well noted, we will give these feed backs to our engineers and improve them in next firmware.

Jun 7, 2018 at 3:42 AM Post #2,372 of 2,616
@Hidizsofficial @Hidizs Hk

I have a big request!

After updating to 0.2.8 in random mode, the tracks no longer switch without pressing a button. Also from the very beginning, for an unknown reason, the Stop / Play physical button stops working in locked mode after 2 minutes.

And if possible, in the next update, turn on the equalizer in PureMusic mode. Because the problem with clipping at high frequencies is solved only by lowering the equalizer frequencies and using android mode is not an option for me

Downgrade back to 0.2.6
Using AP200 with 0.2.8 is impossible for me
Thanks for your feed back, we will pass your problems and suggestions to our engineers and improve them in next firmware.

Jun 7, 2018 at 4:30 AM Post #2,373 of 2,616
Received Sonata HD and DH1000 :)

-75342e94f419fd4.jpg

607720e5f5a6163a.jpg

Jun 7, 2018 at 4:47 AM Post #2,374 of 2,616
I am so glad that I do not need to connect AP200 to Mojo (I never appreciated its sound) or whatever. I just enjoy AP200 excellent sound and sound stage with Grado RS2e or with Dunu 2000j or Pinnacle P1. I still want line out option if possible and better interface, I mean I would like when you switch to the folder option, it would go immediately to the song played. Now I need to roll it all over to the folder played and than to the song. Still these are minor things in comparison with AP200 most excellent sound!

Jun 8, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #2,376 of 2,616
Second Thoughts...
I feel compelled to write this post after a strange exchange of events. I was supporter #146 on the AP200's Indiegogo campaign. As with most of us, I became disenchanted with Hidizs after the long delays of production and shipping - then firmware troubles. So much so that I purchased a Shanling M3s while I awaited the AP200's delivery. When the AP200 finally showed up I decided that, after comparing the two, I liked the M3s. So I decided to sell the AP200 for a very discounted price. It was listed for over a month before anyone would buy it. When it sold the buyer demanded a refund after a week stating that it wouldn't connect to his WIFI and that it crackled and popped during playback (he received it with 0.2.6Beta firmware). In the mean time 0.2.8Beta came out and when I got the AP200 back I upgraded the firmware.

The only big problem I had with the AP200 before I sold it was the "volume maxing out" bug which 0.2.6 seem to fix. The WIFI worked ok (but not with a big range). And I never experienced the crackling and popping that many have and are currently experiencing, with the exception of an occasional soft click at the start and end of some tracks. Upon a second listening with the new 0.2.8 firmware I found the sound of the AP200 to be pretty damn good, especially in pure music mode. There's no way I can say it's actually better scientifically - it's just what I'm currently perceiving.

I've listened to and have tested the AP200 on all types of genres and file types including DSD (dsf), FLAC, MP3 and OGG without any perceptible sonic anomalies during playback. I know many have posted problems with USB DAC connectivity and I can't speak to those problems. My tests have been solely with the AP200 single ended with EQ disabled and mostly in pure music mode. I've also loaded and tested Spotify with no problems.

I guess my point is that, as a stand alone unit, my AP200 seems to be stable now and I'm not regretting the purchase as much as I was before. This is not to say Hidizs shouldn't address all of the problems people are having. Nor should they ignore the numerous AP200 buyers for newer products. I think this device can be exceptional with the right firmware.

Now I have both an AP200 and an M3s - and, upon re-evaluation I like them both. (as I write this I'm listening to the John Williams E.T. soundtrack on the AP200 and loving it)

Jun 15, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #2,378 of 2,616
The sound of the AP200 is pretty damn good. It still doesn't connect to my WIFI, but I use it as a Pure music player anyway. Still hanging in there for the firmware to improve - but sound alone has kept me going.

Jun 16, 2018 at 5:42 AM Post #2,379 of 2,616
The sound of the AP200 is pretty damn good. It still doesn't connect to my WIFI, but I use it as a Pure music player anyway. Still hanging in there for the firmware to improve - but sound alone has kept me going.

True ! It hasn't the biggest bass or the widest soundstage of the world but the sound is very clean, straight, and charming, I like it over much more expansive players I wont name here. What a shame with the firmware issues... This player could be a real killer for few efforts.

Jun 17, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #2,380 of 2,616

In order it would connect to WiFi I need to bring it really close to the router, also my router is dual frequency, perhaps it helps too. Still I need to keep it really close by.

Jun 25, 2018 at 7:44 AM Post #2,381 of 2,616
@Hidizsofficial

don't get me wrong but I think your company simply needs to quit this business, it's just not your thing and I will not even specify why, it is as clear as a day anyways

good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back