New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Jun 27, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #2,403 of 2,616
As discussed before, AP60 is Linux based, and AP200 is Android. Hidizs don’t have enough skill to fix the bug of Android firmware, as they themselves recognize.
It is still just a firmware issue. And I am not sure that anyone has clearly stated the exact problem. Several wrote that "MOJO does not work"; not that Mojo works fine with Flac files bot does not work with DSF/DSD files. It was only a few posts ago that HIDIZs said that "they tested the AP200 with Mojo and Ifi Microdsd. and it worked prefectly".. I'll bet that they tested Mp3 and Flac, but did not test DSD/DSF in transport mode.
Anyway, I'm not defending Hidizs. They are a bit slow in fixing things that they said they would fix.
- Do you have confirmation from anyone at Hidizs that it's an Android vs Linux isssue? Or just your opinion/guess?
- I just think we need to be 100% clear with the exact problems we are having, otherwise they may not duplicate the issue when they test in their labs.

@Hidizs Hk and @Hidizsofficial Copying you guys here, so that you can help fix this issue.

Jun 30, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #2,404 of 2,616
387546C9-5A0E-463B-9AC9-066B9ACF1B22.png 960D40EE-BC1A-4FE3-9780-30ACB7EF76B2.png 84A0D53A-ECBC-47FD-BAFE-0373506875E3.png Seems like I am having a hard time getting my prize from HIDIZS' raffle last February of this year. Oh DH1000 where are you now...

Tried contacting hidizs via facebook, here on headfi and on their email support but with no luck. Sad..

Jun 30, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #2,405 of 2,616
Seems like I am having a hard time getting my prize from HIDIZS' raffle last February of this year. Oh DH1000 where are you now...

Tried contacting hidizs via facebook, here on headfi and on their email support but with no luck. Sad..

Just wait...

And wait :)

If you gave them the right address, it will be there.

I'd say to ping them via @Hidizs Hk @Hidizsofficial , but be prepared to have a way to prove your identity as the winner of the raffle thingy :)

Jun 30, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #2,406 of 2,616
3CBF4B6F-0B54-4341-9D34-BA2829A74A36.jpeg I provided them my address and other contact details. Also messaged @Hidizsofficial but has not received a response.

I will try to ping @Hidizs Hk today.

Jul 2, 2018 at 12:00 AM Post #2,407 of 2,616
Just an update, hidizs has contacted me and said they've shipped my package. :)

Jul 5, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #2,409 of 2,616
@Hidizsofficial @Hidizs Hk

I have a big request!

After updating to 0.2.8 in random mode, the tracks no longer switch without pressing a button. Also from the very beginning, for an unknown reason, the Stop / Play physical button stops working in locked mode after 2 minutes.

And if possible, in the next update, turn on the equalizer in PureMusic mode. Because the problem with clipping at high frequencies is solved only by lowering the equalizer frequencies and using android mode is not an option for me

Downgrade back to 0.2.6
Using AP200 with 0.2.8 is impossible for me

after updating to 0.2.8 the wifi no longer work. downgrading back to 0.2.6 will not do the job, I have to reformat the device to fix the problem.

I bought AP200 because it is an android DAP, for spotify. whenever using spotify the play/pause button will not work, I have to turn on the screen first.

AP200 have the a 1GB RAM right? but why is it as slow as a 256 MB RAM. spotify is the only app I have in the device. I seldom use the hidizs player.

I have to redownload all of my songs from spotify almost on a weekly basis because my account is always being logged out, It happened twice while I'm on travel.
very frustrating.

Jul 10, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #2,410 of 2,616
So pissed now, does the ap200 work as DAC via usb c, a laptop is my source. Tried installing the provided ap200 dac windows 10 driver and installation is stuck at "Welcome to TUSB blah blah blah" with an error message saying Setup requires that the device is plugged in. Ap200 is plugged in already and unplugged and replugged it over and over again but still the same. TRASH

Jul 10, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #2,411 of 2,616
So pissed now, does the ap200 work as DAC via usb c, a laptop is my source. Tried installing the provided ap200 dac windows 10 driver and installation is stuck at "Welcome to TUSB blah blah blah" with an error message saying Setup requires that the device is plugged in. Ap200 is plugged in already and unplugged and replugged it over and over again but still the same. TRASH
Short answer is yes... long answer is that you have to jump through hoops to get it to work. The driver is unsigned, so if you are familiar with installing unsigned drivers then do it that way... if you like me and the rest of the AP200 owners didn't/don't know use this youtube video as a guide. Watch the whole thing before you do the install though as it requires a restart, better yet open the video on your phone and follow along on your laptop...

My experience with it is that it lags a little so while it's great for listening to music not so great for gaming, either that or my 10 year old desktop needs a new USB controller. lol

The lag isn't just my AP200 though, my Shanling M0 does the same thing... so maybe it is my USB controller...lol

Good luck!

Jul 11, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #2,412 of 2,616
Hi everyone, I know this DAP is far from being perfect but do you think it's still worth purchasing at $190 new ? I'm on a budget and I need a medium sized DAP with streaming and USB DAC functions enabled, and it looks like the AP200 tick all the boxes eventhough it's a bit buggy. I plan to use it with a pair of NiceHCK HK6 but because of the AP200's 4.8Ω output impedance I fear that it might not pair well :/
What do you think guys ? thanks in advance

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2018 at 3:16 AM Post #2,414 of 2,616
Hi everyone, I know this DAP is far from being perfect but do you think it's still worth purchasing at $190 new ? I'm on a budget and I need a medium sized DAP with streaming and USB DAC functions enabled, and it looks like the AP200 tick all the boxes eventhough it's a bit buggy. I plan to use it with a pair of NiceHCK HK6 but because of the AP200's 4.8Ω output impedance I fear that it might not pair well :/
What do you think guys ? thanks in advance
Move to HiBy R3 and forget AP200, I am selling mine

Jul 14, 2018 at 3:37 AM Post #2,415 of 2,616
Beautiful player dwarfed by no balanced out. What a shame.
The balanced out isn't necessary. It has a balanced amp circuit. The only difference should be in crosstalk, which might not be audible.

Well implemented single ended can be as good or better than balanced out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back