New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Jun 25, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #2,386 of 2,616
Jun 26, 2018 at 2:35 AM Post #2,387 of 2,616
I
Let's not get this thread closed again:frowning2:

Using my AP200 right now and loving it.

not my intention, not at all

Agreed! I love the audio quality minus the little issues that are easily resolved one way or another.

I am happy for you, but I would not be calling a "little issue' thing like not working audio over usb (that was promoted as an included and available option even before the release)

The little issues are solved, but not the big ones yet, maybe never.

I am afraid you are right

FYI: HIDIZS is asking for List of Glitches/Problems with the AP200. This went out to Kickstarter Group. Here is Link. Funny that very few people have listed any problems or requests... SO, If you have a specific gripe/problem, this would be an excellent place to place your request: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-musi/posts/2221018?ref=backer_project_update

Already did that, also via email few times, here many times, but has no sense , does it?

So at some point I thought maybe it's my equipment , but I tried many different cables and many different dac/amps but audio over usb is never stable for more than few seconds , I even took it to my mates flat and used his equipment/cables , so this is how it is, such a big period from the release and it has not be solved

Jun 26, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #2,388 of 2,616
Same for me: the Mojo pops and craks with a lot of static noise, making it not suitable with the AP200, as it was with the former firmwares...

I don't have a Mojo.. But just tested my IFI MicroDSD Black Label with USB input from the AP200. The sound is prefect when Playing FLAC files from the AP200. I don't stream. (yet)...

So, the IFI MicroDSD BL works Perfectly with the(my) AP200 as a transport. (I'm on 2.9Beta firmware right now.)
On the other hand.. I Looked, but could not find a setting to use the AP200 as a DAC Only for another device. Not that I am likely to ever use this feature myself. (FYI: My AP60 Does have a DAC Setting and that works fine.)

Jun 26, 2018 at 8:02 PM Post #2,389 of 2,616
I don't have a Mojo.. But just tested my IFI MicroDSD Black Label with USB input from the AP200. The sound is prefect when Playing FLAC files from the AP200. I don't stream. (yet)...

So, the IFI MicroDSD BL works Perfectly with the(my) AP200 as a transport. (I'm on 2.9Beta firmware right now.)
On the other hand.. I Looked, but could not find a setting to use the AP200 as a DAC Only for another device. Not that I am likely to ever use this feature myself. (FYI: My AP60 Does have a DAC Setting and that works fine.)

Have you tried DSF with IFI MicroDSD? AP200’s DAC out trouble occurs while playing DSF.

Jun 26, 2018 at 8:54 PM Post #2,393 of 2,616
Don't usually use DSF. But just did a few tests.. DSF plays just fine through the AP200 itself. But when connected to the IFI, there is static/crackles in the background. Too much to be enjoyable. Still, with all the FLAC files I tried, the IFI sounded great. So some sort of glitch with DSD files and an external DAC.

Does the MOJO play FLAC files OK , but not DSD/DSF files like the IFI Micro ? The initial statement I was looking at just said that The AP200 does not work with the Mojo ... noise...

Want to be clear for @Hidizs Hk @Hidizsofficial folks to know what to look for and fix.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #2,394 of 2,616
@Hidiz
We have tested this firmware with Mojo, DH1000. The USB DAC works fine. Which AMP are you using?

It works fine with FLAC files; But has crackling/static noise in background when playing DSD/DSF through an IFI MicroDSD Black Label. Someone with a MOJO will need to explain better what exact issue is with that device.

Jun 26, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #2,395 of 2,616
It works fine with FLAC files; But has crackling/static noise in background when playing DSD/DSF through an IFI MicroDSD Black Label. Someone with a MOJO will need to explain better what exact issue is with that device.[/QUOTE said:
Thank you for your quick response! That is the trouble I have mentioned.

Jun 27, 2018 at 3:13 AM Post #2,396 of 2,616

Where did you find 2.9 Beta? Was looking on Hidizs website, could find only 2.6 and 2.8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back