New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Aug 22, 2018 at 3:24 AM Post #2,432 of 2,616
this feeling when you sold your ap200 and all the troubles and BS from producer does not concern you anymore

priceless :ok_hand::sunglasses:
I envy you, gagimarjos :beerchug:

On my side, the feeling when you have backed up the project on July 20, 2017 because you saw the specs with a photo that it will work with the Mojo as an external dac, and then 13 months later, it still doesn't :triportsad:.

Aug 22, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #2,434 of 2,616
Guys, I do not understand all this hoopla about getting rid of the player, I still enjoy its great sound and do not see any reason to get rid of it.

However, I understand those who supported Hidisz early with expectation that it will make good on its promises. You definitely were let down by Hidisz and for me it looks kind of funny when they try to raise funds for a new player with their undermined reputation. Even if they will get something they are already behind of Shanling M0 with its excellent sound, richer features and regular responsive updates - it is what I call bad luck when you leave unfinished business and let people down. Hidisz tries to promote already obsolete product.

Still, I bought AP200 just on the strength of its sound, without any expectations otherwise and feel fully satisfied by my purchase.

Aug 22, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #2,435 of 2,616
Guys, I do not understand all this hoopla about getting rid of the player, I still enjoy its great sound and do not see any reason to get rid of it.

Still, I bought AP200 just on the strength of its sound, without any expectations otherwise and feel fully satisfied by my purchase.

I was enjoying music for several hours last night using my AP200. I never had any other expectations either. In fact, it was my husband who was an early supporter. Other than the supplied cable not working to charge the device, he was happy with it. He did end up passing it on to me but only because he has way too many DAPs. The funny thing is, I never use the android part of it. It is always in pure music mode for me. I have a 200GB card filled with Flac in it plus I often plug in a flash drive to listen to music that is not on the card. This and my Cayin N3 are my most used daps.

Aug 22, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #2,436 of 2,616
I was enjoying music for several hours last night using my AP200. I never had any other expectations either. In fact, it was my husband who was an early supporter. Other than the supplied cable not working to charge the device, he was happy with it. He did end up passing it on to me but only because he has way too many DAPs. The funny thing is, I never use the android part of it. It is always in pure music mode for me. I have a 200GB card filled with Flac in it plus I often plug in a flash drive to listen to music that is not on the card. This and my Cayin N3 are my most used daps.

the same thing, Android is always off, just pure music mode.

Aug 22, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #2,437 of 2,616

I never had any other expectations either. The funny thing is, I never use the android part of it. It is always in pure music mode for me.
This is a healthy reasoning, which I agree with. The only thing is what when you have bought it WITH the expectations and even got promises more than a half year ago that the issues will be fixed soon, what then?

There are plenty of competitive daps out there, many of them very good sounding. Some work on Linux, some on Android and some on modified or proprietary OS. For me personally, if I buy an Android dap, I expect it to work in Android mode. Meaning, I want to stream Tidal and to be able to store the files for offline listening, like any other smartphone does. The wifi range is very limited and signal strength multiple times weaker than using the iPhone or iPad, and I really mean like 20 times weaker. OK, no problem, then I will download from Tidal for offline listening. Only problem downloading files to sd card doesn't work.

Let's forget about the Android, apps, Tidal and switch to the Pure Music Mode. Let's see what can we find on the Kickstarter page. A nice looking photo of AP200 with the Mojo. When you ask when will it finally start working with the Mojo, you get a kind answer - soon. The only problem that "soon" never comes. In the meantime, instead of fixing the problem and keeping the promises, or at least part of them, Hidizs is busy with shooting out a collection of new products, one after another.

But again, I agree that if you don't have any expectations and forget e-mail promises from Hidizs and only listen, it's all good. It can sound quite good. Like many other daps you could have bought in the meantime.

This is a photo from original Kickstarter page.
AP200 - Mojo.png

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #2,438 of 2,616
Like many other daps you could have bought in the meantime.

Of course... and like I mentioned... my husband had bought other daps that made this redundant for him.

Aug 22, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #2,440 of 2,616
I don't have any problems with the Android side of it.. .I just have no need for it as I have no interest in streaming. As for apps I have an android tablet and an ipad. Plus I have a laptop and a PC. I have no need for a smartphone and I have no need for android on a music player. For those who do want those things and to use a mojo, then of course Hidizs needs to make good on their promises.

When it was first given to me, I did download a number of Android music playing apps but have just found the Pure Music Mode to do the job. If I want certain features I could use one of the other apps. I may play around with them again one day...

Sep 11, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #2,441 of 2,616
FYI, The Marketing MAnager for HIDIZS, @kenloveme , is asking for feedback on devices. See his message below in MAGENTA. And add your comments/ideas in the proper link.

" Hi guys!

Just like for the other threads,

We created a survey for you to send all the issues feedbacks you have regarding:
AP60 Pro here: https://goo.gl/forms/4hnzIz1Jz0MN33li2
AP60 II here: https://goo.gl/forms/NfhkHMJ6wZIGqZYB3
AP200 here: https://goo.gl/forms/fBiALuFfgjewojUk1

We will transmit all the informations to the engineers asap, so please try to be as concise and clear as possible so we can identify the issues easier and find a solution to fix the issues :)

Many thanks for your support! " KEN

Also saw Recent comments at the HIDIZS FACEBOOK USER Page. But don't know how to copy link to send to HIDIZS...

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2018 at 3:32 AM Post #2,442 of 2,616
why on earth am I still subscribed to this thread? : ) will take care of that issue now

by the way, my advise is not to bother with all that , will not make sense anyway

good luck to everyone :v:

Sep 14, 2018 at 3:26 AM Post #2,444 of 2,616
Guys! Hidizs AP200 is actually very well matched with Massdrop Noble UIEMs/ comply ts500 tips (the ones cost around $250 since I forgot the name) via Effect Audio Ares II 4wire 3.5 SE. The SQ is so musical and articulate...:smile_phones:
Thanks for the feedback! We are super glad it works well with it :)

Sep 21, 2018 at 1:28 AM Post #2,445 of 2,616
@Hidizs Hk
For AP200, is there a line out switch in the settings? I cannot find it any were?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back