New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
May 15, 2018 at 7:12 AM Post #2,311 of 2,616
Received this by email

Dear backers,

First of all, thanks for the great support and feedback thus far to help us continue to improve! Even though it has been a while since our campaign ended, we still have not stopped trying to improve our product. We are currently working on a new firmware for the AP200 in hopes of further improving the user experience. The estimated finish date of the new firmware is in late May. We will share the link with you once it is finished.

o.gif

Thanks for the information. I wonder if they have been having problems with it. They keep moving the time ahead. I hope it will really be by the end of this month and that it will include line-out.

May 15, 2018 at 7:16 AM Post #2,312 of 2,616
Received this by email

Dear backers,

First of all, thanks for the great support and feedback thus far to help us continue to improve! Even though it has been a while since our campaign ended, we still have not stopped trying to improve our product. We are currently working on a new firmware for the AP200 in hopes of further improving the user experience. The estimated finish date of the new firmware is in late May. We will share the link with you once it is finished.

o.gif
Great!

May 15, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #2,313 of 2,616
Thanks for the information. I wonder if they have been having problems with it. They keep moving the time ahead. I hope it will really be by the end of this month and that it will include line-out.
I assume so, I've seen this sort of thing from Manufactures in the past because they couldn't get something fixed right. Hopefully that isn't the case but since we are still on BETA firmware I'm not holding my breath for huge amount of changes.
It doesn't help that Hidizs has released 3 other products in the past few months. So early backers like myself feel like we got an unfinished DAP. Although that is what we get for backing projects like this, lol.

On the good side the DAP itself sounds really good so if that is all you use it for then it's great. Tidal/Spotify users aren't so happy though. lol

May 15, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #2,314 of 2,616
On the good side the DAP itself sounds really good so if that is all you use it for then it's great.

All I do is listen to full albums (flac) so I AM happy with it. I would just like to be able to run it through my tube amp when using my higher impedance headphones. I do that now with my Cayin N3 or my Opus #1 but would like to do it with the AP200.

May 15, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #2,315 of 2,616
All I do is listen to full albums (flac) so I AM happy with it. I would just like to be able to run it through my tube amp when using my higher impedance headphones. I do that now with my Cayin N3 or my Opus #1 but would like to do it with the AP200.
Yeah I agree, I think that is one of the things Hidizs was working on. I'd like to do the same! So here's to hoping! Lol

May 19, 2018 at 6:28 AM Post #2,316 of 2,616
While waiting for the next firmware update, I published my Hidizs AP200 review. I really hope they will fix the issues this player currently has, in my opinion it is a great piece of hardware crippled by poorly implemented software.

May 29, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #2,317 of 2,616
https://www.hidizs.net/apps/help-center#!ap200-028-beta-firmware

Finally new firmware guys!

Update Content:
1. Optimize the pure tone mode, disable WiFi and Bluetooth in the pure tone mode, and clear the recently task list.
2. Fixed the volume control bug: touching the button when the interface is about to disappear may cause the volume to continuously adjust.
3. Increase the maximum volume setting in the audio settings to prevent the user from making the volume too loud due to mis-operate in the volume mediation interface.
4, update the USB AUDIO OUT function.
5, Fix the song is playing, insert the USB decoder will pause playback.

May 29, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #2,320 of 2,616
will be downloading it very soon, if usb audio works indeed that is going to be a terrific addition for me and I am sure not only me ; -)

May 29, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #2,321 of 2,616
will be downloading it very soon, if usb audio works indeed that is going to be a terrific addition for me and I am sure not only me ; -)

Could you explain exactly how one would use that? I have only ever needed usb for charging or transfering files. Feeling dumb...

May 29, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #2,322 of 2,616
Could you explain exactly how one would use that? I have only ever needed usb for charging or transfering files. Feeling dumb...

Some folks use their players as a DAC for their phone, computer or other device; through the USB port. Guess it depends where your source files are.

Some folks use their player as the source for another DAC, maybe at home they have an even nicer dac/amp than the R6.

Both can be accessed via USB on some DAP's. AP200 is supposed to be able to work in both usb modes. (Might have to select option, it's not automatic as I remember.)

The Second USB use is why some folks wanted the R3 or R6; As a source for their Chord MOJO, and are willing to stack to get that mojo sound!. Plus Chord wants more than the R6 costs, just for Their Own Source device... (Costs something like $700+ for Chord's source device for their $500 Mojo)

The Second method would allow a Cheap phone to be a Great Source for a DAP with a Great DAC/AMP. IF the DAP Supports that mode. And the phone has the streaming, wifi, etc that you want... Of course a DAC/AMP can be used with a phone too.. It seems like Most DAP's don't have as good of WIFI, and Bluetooth Signals as Phones do today...

Anyway, if you're enjoying the music, you may not need these functions!

May 29, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #2,323 of 2,616
Some folks use their players as a DAC for their phone, computer or other device; through the USB port. Guess it depends where your source files are.

Some folks use their player as the source for another DAC, maybe at home they have an even nicer dac/amp than the R6.

Both can be accessed via USB on some DAP's. AP200 is supposed to be able to work in both usb modes. (Might have to select option, it's not automatic as I remember.)

The Second USB use is why some folks wanted the R3 or R6; As a source for their Chord MOJO, and are willing to stack to get that mojo sound!. Plus Chord wants more than the R6 costs, just for Their Own Source device... (Costs something like $700+ for Chord's source device for their $500 Mojo)

The Second method would allow a Cheap phone to be a Great Source for a DAP with a Great DAC/AMP. IF the DAP Supports that mode. And the phone has the streaming, wifi, etc that you want... Of course a DAC/AMP can be used with a phone too.. It seems like Most DAP's don't have as good of WIFI, and Bluetooth Signals as Phones do today...

Anyway, if you're enjoying the music, you may not need these functions!

I don't need those functions. I never use a phone for music and I have a nice DAC/AMP for my desktop PC. My portable amps, if needed, use the headphone jack which is why I want the Line Out option for that. Was that not promised? I understand that this would not be the same as a dedicated line out jack. It would be like the option I have with my Cain N3 or my Opus #1. I thought Hidizs had promised to implement it.

May 29, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #2,324 of 2,616

sure, will have possibility to connect it to ifi xDSD and use it as a transport, as I am not fully satisfied with ap200's amp/dac performance I will be able to stack it with ifi, will still have very nice size portable gear with much superior audio quality and driving power

May 29, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #2,325 of 2,616
I don't need those functions. I never use a phone for music and I have a nice DAC/AMP for my desktop PC. My portable amps, if needed, use the headphone jack which is why I want the Line Out option for that. Was that not promised? I understand that this would not be the same as a dedicated line out jack. It would be like the option I have with my Cain N3 or my Opus #1. I thought Hidizs had promised to implement it.

I also tend to use a DAP as a DAP. Lots of functions were promissed at various times... I'm thinking that they might have just said "turn up to 100% volume" for Line out function. But not 100% sure.

I would like to see "replay gain" function. I have tagged most of my files with "replay gain" and on most other players can use that to normalize the volume of all the different songs/music. If on 1 album not a big deal,
; but if you have a playlist from various albums, without replay gain some can be too loud (or soft) without manually adjusting volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back