New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
May 29, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #2,327 of 2,616
They disabled the equalizer in Music Mode!!!:D

And now i can't remove these awful clicks in the songs that I've described a very long time here

OMG I just can't Ooooohhh

(つ◉益◉)つ
Ok for a second I thought that was just me... Pure Music mode with most of my music is horrible without an EQ. I need to be able to use an EQ... fix one thing make the rest worse. I guess I won't be using that mode anymore.

On the lighter side the UI seems to be a little smoother...

May 29, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #2,328 of 2,616
Ok for a second I thought that was just me... Pure Music mode with most of my music is horrible without an EQ. I need to be able to use an EQ... fix one thing make the rest worse. I guess I won't be using that mode anymore.

On the lighter side the UI seems to be a little smoother...

From the very first day I got the player

In a lot of songs on the bass line, i heard strong clicks and distortions. Decrease the volume did not help, change the modes too, only reduce the levels in the equalizer can help

And now ... I can't do anything.

Again these awful clicks

Android Mode it's just not for me

Thanks again @Hidizs Hk @Hidizsofficial 凸( •̀ 益 •́ )凸

May 29, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #2,329 of 2,616
.... I also tend to use a DAP as a DAP. .... .

I'd love to do that and to be able to have only one item in my pocket would be fantastic thing, but nor Astell & Kern AK120 II nor Pioneer XDP-300R (not to mention ap200) can not even come close to ifi xdsd in terms of quality / power , none of them cost cheap, especially AK, but still ..
so my point here is that unfortunately I could not find one dap that could provide superb audio quality and same time enough power for me to be happy, AK had superb sound quality but not enough juice and TEAC HA-P90SD could have been the solution if not some archaic player interface lacking any kind of option on top of it

Pioneer XDP-300R is a perfect transport, it really is, but in terms of size I would prefer to have ap200 stacked with xDSD, so now I am downloading the latest firmware with fingers crossed ; -)

May 29, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #2,330 of 2,616
I'd love to do that and to be able to have only one item in my pocket would be fantastic thing, but nor Astell & Kern AK120 II nor Pioneer XDP-300R (not to mention ap200) can not even come close to ifi xdsd in terms of quality / power , none of them cost cheap, especially AK, but still ..
so my point here is that unfortunately I could not find one dap that could provide superb audio quality and same time enough power for me to be happy, AK had superb sound quality but not enough juice and TEAC HA-P90SD could have been the solution if not some archaic player interface lacking any kind of option on top of it

Pioneer XDP-300R is a perfect transport, it really is, but in terms of size I would prefer to have ap200 stacked with xDSD, so now I am downloading the latest firmware with fingers crossed ; -)
It would be nice if IFI made a "Black Label DAP" !

There is always something "better" around the corner with this hobby.

May 29, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #2,331 of 2,616
From the very first day I got the player

In a lot of songs on the bass line, i heard strong clicks and distortions. Decrease the volume did not help, change the modes too, only reduce the levels in the equalizer can help

And now ... I can't do anything.

Again these awful clicks

Android Mode it's just not for me

Thanks again @Hidizs Hk @Hidizsofficial 凸( •̀ 益 •́ )凸
Yep, I have/had the same thing. Some song with the EQ on others with the EQ off... and only on the AP200, my other players and phones have no issues like it.

May 29, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #2,332 of 2,616
Yep, I have/had the same thing. Some song with the EQ on others with the EQ off... and only on the AP200, my other players and phones have no issues like it.

Interesting. I have never heard clicks... So, for me the Sound Quality is Great ! Also, I don't see need to EQ much.

Maybe it's only some players effected? Or some headphones the AP200 doesn't work well with? Or my hearing is not as good as it one was !

May 29, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #2,333 of 2,616
Interesting. I have never heard clicks... So, for me the Sound Quality is Great ! Also, I don't see need to EQ much.

Maybe it's only some players effected? Or some headphones the AP200 doesn't work well with? Or my hearing is not as good as it one was !
For me, it happens on really bass heavy tracks, I listen to a lot of Elec/Drum & Bass/Grime/etc. anything with bass boosted music seems to cause it. So I know it's a bass related issue so I turn the EQ up or down in the lower frequencies as needed.

May 29, 2018 at 4:40 PM Post #2,334 of 2,616

Headphones also changed and more than once

>Maybe it's only some players effected?

Most likely it is and I'm just very unfortunate

However, I saw here a couple more people with same problem

Most likely it is a hardware type

May 29, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #2,336 of 2,616
It would be nice if IFI made a "Black Label DAP" !

There is always something "better" around the corner with this hobby.

yeah ! ifi dap could be a big thing !!! but so far not even an indication from their side as far as I know

of course there is always something "better" around the corner, but there is always also a very clear "minimum" for me that none of the daps could provide so far, unfortunately for me. So "stacking" is the best solution for me so far

cheers

May 30, 2018 at 8:21 PM Post #2,337 of 2,616
https://www.hidizs.net/apps/help-center#!ap200-028-beta-firmware

Finally new firmware guys!

Update Content:
1. Optimize the pure tone mode, disable WiFi and Bluetooth in the pure tone mode, and clear the recently task list.
2. Fixed the volume control bug: touching the button when the interface is about to disappear may cause the volume to continuously adjust.
3. Increase the maximum volume setting in the audio settings to prevent the user from making the volume too loud due to mis-operate in the volume mediation interface.
4, update the USB AUDIO OUT function.
5, Fix the song is playing, insert the USB decoder will pause playback.

If the USB storage had been removed (on AP200) how would you reinstall it?

May 31, 2018 at 3:33 AM Post #2,340 of 2,616

The same is here, no clicks, great sound. I just need real line out option and little bit better interface, that it would be easier to return to the current song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back