New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Mar 26, 2018 at 12:50 AM Post #2,222 of 2,616
34A02CB6-9FB6-4067-BF68-6FCCBC88F835.jpeg
34A02CB6-9FB6-4067-BF68-6FCCBC88F835.jpeg
B3653FEB-E887-42AE-A2C9-A7E6BD862D6B.jpeg
If anybody is interested in a like new AP200 I am selling mine. It is in perfect condition. Front and rear screen protector applied.

Comes with:

USB A to USB C cable
USB micro to USB C cable
Extra screen protector set
Plastic case

Premium leather case
Message me

Attachments

• 6DE08DA9-B4FC-4AB7-AF6B-9CD153A89F98.jpeg
    6DE08DA9-B4FC-4AB7-AF6B-9CD153A89F98.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Mar 26, 2018 at 1:48 AM Post #2,223 of 2,616
they are busy milking the DH1000 kickstarter backer. On top of that they are rushing mass drop AP60 Pro. Do you think they will have time for AP200 which they have already bank the cash? Furthermore believe they are not as technical sound in the android os compared to hardware & linux.

: ((((((

Mar 26, 2018 at 4:26 AM Post #2,226 of 2,616
Hi, if a little advertising can be made here I have a factory sealed AP200 for sale, stainless/64gb/glass back/leather case. Selling below list price for the base model just because I don't need it.

Check FS forum/source components or just drop me a message

Mar 26, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #2,227 of 2,616
Hi Hidizs AP200 user,

i'm looking for a mid-priced DAP.. not fixed to a specific brand.

There a some really nice offers here .. some in cool blue aluminium.. other in SS.
so.. i'm 50 + years old and shure, not to have "golden ears" anymore... for me more important is the feeling and the handling with the player.
i will use it only with local stored files.. no Tidal - wifi use at all.

can anybody tell something about GUI / FW or better bugs depending normal playing Mode ? ( no DAC - USB out etc)
and... does anybody know, whether the volume up / down button and the play/pause button is metal or painted plastic ( this is what i meant with feeling..)
maybe a little bit shocking for audiophile people..sorry

thanks in advance

Mar 26, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #2,228 of 2,616
Hi. If you want decent performance of the (android) user interface, better take a look at Hiby R6. Or a linux based DAP as Cayin N3. Many bugs left in Hidizs AP200. Good build quality. Really. Good sound quality. But too many bugs left in software and lacking features.
In my opinion Hidizs doesn't deliver what they promised on the firmware side. And they are already busy with the next device, leaving us in the cold.
With so many people selling already their device, you could find a bargain though. ☺

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #2,229 of 2,616
I'm a KS backer of a 64GB Carbon backed version and have been using it for a while. I was #6 and a bunch of people received their AP200's before me, :/ lol. All I can say is that the device and audio is nice but the firmware really sucks and brings the device down a lot. I use it all the time but it's on a BETA Firmware (0.2.6) and the version of Android (5.1.1) is really outdated. I almost wished I had backed the Hiby R6, lol, still can't justify the $$$... but I really want a DX200/150 though as there is support from a forum member that has been reworking the Android ROM, something I wished someone did for the AP200.
On the flip side there is a HIDIZS (Closed = Members only) Facebook group where it looks like most of the conversations have gone. I will say though I feel a little shunted by Hidizs due to the release of the DH1000 DAC/AMP... while it looks nice and I'm sure it performs well, I almost feel like the AP200 was left alone so Hidizs could concentrate on the DH1000.

Don't get me wrong as a pure DAP it works pretty good but here are the issues I'm noticing (that I've had and the FB group has been reporting):
  1. DAC for computer can be difficult to set up or get working at all
  2. DAC for Smartphone still not available (will be updated in future firmware releases)
  3. Hiby Link is not available yet (will be updated in future firmware releases)
  4. Bluetooth capabilities are lacking (Stability, signal strength wise & connectivity to smartphones) [APTX was confirmed to be working, if I remember correctly]
  5. Wifi capabilities are lacking (signal strength wise)
  6. Line out is not available (basically using an external headphone amp the volume can be adjust on both the AP200 (Source) and the amp)
  7. Screen issues, the right side of the screen isn't detecting touches correctly, you basically have to touch the very edge to touch something on the right side.
    1. This is made worse by the leather case (if you got one), I ended up having to go back to the provided plastic case to get around this.
  8. No user manual
    1. Personally I don't have any issue with this but there are some that are not familiar with Android (5.1.1) or the Hiby music software
    2. I can see how this is an issue, one that Apple had done a great job with the UX(user interface) but in the DAP world is still not that great
  9. Russian language is not being translated fully/correctly
  10. Full album art is not working fully
    1. I personally have not had any issues with it but some people are complaining that some of the files they know have album art are not showing it.
  11. Battery life is not what was expected and the battery drains even when in standby and not being used.

Mar 28, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #2,230 of 2,616
Hi Hidizs AP200 user,

i'm looking for a mid-priced DAP.. not fixed to a specific brand.

There a some really nice offers here .. some in cool blue aluminium.. other in SS.
so.. i'm 50 + years old and shure, not to have "golden ears" anymore... for me more important is the feeling and the handling with the player.
i will use it only with local stored files.. no Tidal - wifi use at all.

can anybody tell something about GUI / FW or better bugs depending normal playing Mode ? ( no DAC - USB out etc)
and... does anybody know, whether the volume up / down button and the play/pause button is metal or painted plastic ( this is what i meant with feeling..)
maybe a little bit shocking for audiophile people..sorry

thanks in advance

As a pure player, the AP200 is actually a really good device. The sound is simply fantastic for the price, my main issues are the wifi range. The buttons are metal.

Mar 28, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #2,231 of 2,616
@Ghost_1 and @Oscar-HiFi

Thank you for taking your time for an answer to my request.

Maybe i should think it over what i need and what kind of player it should be.

to be true.. i'm really oldschool.. no wifi streaming.. no bluetooth anyway.. no DAC use... just a simple good player for local stored files.. hmm

maybe i have to move to a cowon or a non android device ( or save a little bit more money and go with Hiby R6)..

ok.. thanks guy's for your support.. it's up to me now

Mar 28, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #2,232 of 2,616
@Ghost_1 and @Oscar-HiFi

to be true.. i'm really oldschool.. no wifi streaming.. no bluetooth anyway.. no DAC use... just a simple good player for local stored files.. hmm

maybe i have to move to a cowon or a non android device ( or save a little bit more money and go with Hiby R6)..

Have you considered the Audio Opus #1s, a little easier to navigate and also its a pure player.

Mar 28, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #2,233 of 2,616

Have you considered the Audio Opus #1s, a little easier to navigate and also its a pure player.

...and it has two card slots so plenty of room for your music. I have the older Opus #1 not the newer #1s (which is meant to be an upgraded version).

I love my Cayin N3 for use as a smallish simple player. It only has one card slot but it will let you attach a flash drive for added OTG storage. The Hidizs also will do OTG. I find it useful. For sound, the Cayin and the HIdize are my favorites. I have a few daps...

Mar 28, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #2,234 of 2,616
@Ghost_1 and @Oscar-HiFi

Might I suggest other players that might have some extra bells and whistles but do not have Android. Android just lends to the confusion for a DAP plus there are many great non-Android Options out there that might also save a dollar. You might have to still deal with the DAP coming with Bluetooth/Wifi but that is par for the course on any newer or more recent DAP. I'm also guessing Mid-ranged refers to price in the $500ish price point?

I also highly recommend looking at your collection of music files, if you aren't using FLAC or higher (DSD32/64/128), there almost isn't a need to go super crazy. So then it becomes what do you really want to hear out of the player itselfg
Some that you might want to consider:
  1. Any of the higher end Sony players (that take a memory (SD) card
  2. Shanling M Series players (such as the M2S or M3S)
  3. The Hiby R3, even though it is still in KickStart mode it is a pure player with the addition of Tidal, which you can opt just not to use.
  4. A&K AK70 mkII

Back on topic though, I hope to see some major improvements with the pending firmware release. If I remember correctly Hidizs mentioned that there would be another one coming end of this month into early April... sooner hopefully lol.

Mar 28, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #2,235 of 2,616
I have AP200 too but I would not care about little problems and just get the streaming musics to listen too because its SQ is so good.
I own the DX200 and can not even get streaming musics and just upload from CDs and from SD card (download musics with laptop).
The end game is listening good musics...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back