New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Apr 6, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #2,251 of 2,616
Thank you for your comment. But Hidizs has said that they would be fixed by the new firmware, for almost half a year, but they aren’t yet.
Malicious. Fraid.

I know there have been delays. There often are with new products. I honestly do not think anything malicious is going on. Meanwhile I enjoy listening to my music with this dap.

Apr 7, 2018 at 3:20 AM Post #2,254 of 2,616
P4050021.JPG

mine has been posted in Source Components Thread, if anyone interested

Apr 7, 2018 at 3:36 AM Post #2,256 of 2,616
Apr 7, 2018 at 4:35 AM Post #2,257 of 2,616
You are so lucky that you are enjoying AP200, and I am so unlucky that I am not satisfied with the boring sound of stand alone AP200.

What other DAPs have you tried?

The AP200 is far from having a boring sound...

Apr 7, 2018 at 6:54 AM Post #2,258 of 2,616
You are so lucky that you are enjoying AP200, and I am so unlucky that I am not satisfied with the boring sound of stand alone AP200.

What other DAPs have you tried?

The AP200 is far from having a boring sound...

There is more to this than the sound of the DAP. What about the listener's choice of headphones, iems or bud? What about the quality of the files? What about expectations and state of mind?

Piejesu, have you tried a different filter? Which one is your player set for? I too am curious about what other DAPs you have not found boring.

osterwart, which filter do you use? For my music I use Linear phase slow roll off but I don't actually know the difference between that and Minimum phase roll off. I know that when this belonged to my husband he was using one of the fast ones. Some people change them for different types of music but I can't be bothered.

As for state of mind I am usually just looking forward to enjoying my music ... and so I do. If you , Piejesu, are feeling so negative about this device, maybe nothing will make you happy with it now. I hope that you have music that you enjoy and that you will be able to enjoy it.

Apr 7, 2018 at 7:16 AM Post #2,259 of 2,616
There is more to this than the sound of the DAP. What about the listener's choice of headphones, iems or bud? What about the quality of the files? What about expectations and state of mind?

Piejesu, have you tried a different filter? Which one is your player set for? I too am curious about what other DAPs you have not found boring.

osterwart, which filter do you use? For my music I use Linear phase slow roll off but I don't actually know the difference between that and Minimum phase roll off. I know that when this belonged to my husband he was using one of the fast ones. Some people change them for different types of music but I can't be bothered.

As for state of mind I am usually just looking forward to enjoying my music ... and so I do. If you , Piejesu, are feeling so negative about this device, maybe nothing will make you happy with it now. I hope that you have music that you enjoy and that you will be able to enjoy it.

I tend to use minimum phase, slow roll-off. But the differences are very small. I don't know why I prefer it, I just think it is a little more natural.

Apr 7, 2018 at 7:25 AM Post #2,260 of 2,616
I tend to use minimum phase, slow roll-off. But the differences are very small. I don't know why I prefer it, I just think it is a little more natural.

I will try that.. I have been happy with linear phase but I actually do not understand what that means as opposed to minimum phase. On my Cayin N3 I use super slow. As you say, the differences are small. I don't even know if I hear a difference or if it is more like a feeling. More natural is good for my music. Listening to Andrew Bird at the moment... but using headphones at my desktop as I catch up with headfi...had 23 alerts this morning ... lol.

Apr 7, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #2,262 of 2,616
Apr 7, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #2,263 of 2,616
Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #2,264 of 2,616
Nice review. I do have one question. In your review you said that you use Minimum pahse, fast roll-off but in your post above you said you use Minimum pahse, slow roll-off.

I have tried everything and have not heard a bit differences. However, hybrid fast roll-off is a nice one since I listened rumble and defined low bass with IE800. :L3000:

Apr 7, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #2,265 of 2,616
Nice review. I do have one question. In your review you said that you use Minimum pahse, fast roll-off but in your post above you said you use Minimum pahse, slow roll-off.

I changed afterwards :D but yeah either sounds good to me. (fast or slow)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back