New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Mar 6, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #2,191 of 2,616
No, pull down the menu from the top. In the middle it will either say android mode or pure misic mode. Touch that and it will ask if you want to change mode. You will see.
Pure Music mode is a joke. If it rebooted into a cleaner Android environment without some of the extra processes, it might have some minor worth, but as it is, all it seems to do is remove some of the shell and kill some of the other processes. In my usage, it has shown negligible battery usage difference, which is the only potential value I can see from it.

I'm actually quite disappointed with my AP200. Screen calibration is poor (the right hand side is off by a good few millimetres, making any sort of text entry painful). The Hidisz/Hiby app is of no use to me, as activating the equaliser introduces noticeable distortion, unless the gain is lowered significantly, and then it's impossible to get to what I consider a decent listening volume (this was detailed by another user earlier in this thread). I've settled on Neutron, as it copes with my files, and has a lot of flexibility in the equaliser. The screen randomly turns itself back on after I've turned it off. Standby battery drain seems excessive (dead flat in two days of not being used, with wifi/bluetooth/screen off). It has an annoying delay in cutting the audio in or out, so that when I start playing a track, the sound comes in a second or two later, missing the start of the track. Stopping playback does the same in reverse, it takes a second or two to actually stop the track, and one channel stops before the other does. The screen is impossible to see outside, even standing in the shade.

The actual sound quality, when used with my ATH-M50x or Sennheiser HD 380 pro, is quite good, but the product is still very much at what I would consider a pre-release quality level.

Mar 6, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #2,192 of 2,616
Isn't the pure music mode just the stock Hiby player made sticky so that it cannot be closed? At least I don't see any other difference to the sick Hiby app, and it's no separate move/dual-boot firmware either.
FiiO is using pure music and android modes as well on their latest X5 and X7. Here what they write about the pure music mode: "In this mode, all background Android processes will be disabled to allow for a
smoother music experience." I guess, it must be the same with the AP200 or any other Hiby software dap.

Does Pure Mode mean to boot the AP200 in normal Android mode and then run the stock app? If so, then running Hiby App is like running Neutron, PowerAmp, etc., Isn't it?
To switch to Pure Music mode, pull down the Quick Settings menu from the top of the touchscreen and tap on the "Android Mode" icon to switch to Pure Music mode.

Mar 6, 2018 at 5:42 PM Post #2,193 of 2,616
FiiO is using pure music and android modes as well on their latest X5 and X7. Here what they write about the pure music mode: "In this mode, all background Android processes will be disabled to allow for a
smoother music experience." I guess, it must be the same with the AP200 or any other Hiby software dap.

To switch to Pure Music mode, pull down the Quick Settings menu from the top of the touchscreen and tap on the "Android Mode" icon to switch to Pure Music mode.
Done, thanks, but same app

Mar 6, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #2,194 of 2,616
Done, thanks, but same app

Yes but this: "In this mode, all background Android processes will be disabled to allow for a smoother music experience." Means it should sound the best

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #2,195 of 2,616
I made a review for DH1000 as well :)

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.ro/2018/03/HIDIZS-DH1000-glistening-gem.html

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hidizs-dh1000-sonata.22963/reviews#review-20002

Audiophile-Heaven-Hidizs-DH1000-Review-Sonata-23.jpg

Mar 8, 2018 at 2:51 AM Post #2,196 of 2,616
@Dobrescu George

very nice read !

do you think dh1000 will be any better than Teac HA-P90SD ? I love it as portable dac/amp , just size and weight is not ideal , so dh1000 is definitely better in that department but sound quality and power is what matters more and I am not sure about that

http://www.teac.com/product/ha-p90sd/specifications/

I still think dh1000 will be no match for it

Mar 8, 2018 at 6:47 AM Post #2,197 of 2,616
@Dobrescu George

very nice read !

do you think dh1000 will be any better than Teac HA-P90SD ? I love it as portable dac/amp , just size and weight is not ideal , so dh1000 is definitely better in that department but sound quality and power is what matters more and I am not sure about that

http://www.teac.com/product/ha-p90sd/specifications/

I still think dh1000 will be no match for it

Honestly, I have no idea XD

Never heard that one, so I would be lying if I said that I know it is going to be better or worse, and from the specs alone I can't get a good idea of how it'll sound

I do think that DH1000 looks better aesthetically, and that it is quite a bit more portable :)

Mar 8, 2018 at 7:01 AM Post #2,198 of 2,616
Honestly, I have no idea XD

Never heard that one, so I would be lying if I said that I know it is going to be better or worse, and from the specs alone I can't get a good idea of how it'll sound

I do think that DH1000 looks better aesthetically, and that it is quite a bit more portable :)

Thats for sure, more portable, better looking!
The thing is that Teac sounds amazingly good for a small device and the only reason I'd like to replace it is its bulky size, but I dont want to be in a position where I will have a better looking and lighter device with less sound capabilities : (

Mar 8, 2018 at 8:49 AM Post #2,199 of 2,616
Mar 8, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #2,202 of 2,616
Mar 11, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #2,203 of 2,616
After seeing last Darko's video - https://darko.audio/2018/03/the-dap-days-are-over-part-1-xiaomi-audioquest/
I am seriously considering sell the AP200 and go for a cheap Xiaomi smartphone with mSD slot (100 to 200€) and try to use it as transport.
My only question is - does anyone tested Tidal offline into Xiaomi mSD card and play these offline songs through external DAC attached to Xiaomi?

Mar 12, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #2,204 of 2,616
Darko Audio demonstrated to me that Tidal offers the location to store the offline downloads, either internal or memory card, in a cheap device as Xiaomi Mi A1.
Why doesn't Tidal do it the same in AP200?
Hidizs Support, I would need an answer or in which firmware update is scheduled to be included.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back