New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Dec 14, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #1,756 of 2,616
Love this player but I agree having to turn on screen to adjust volume is a pain

You can (slowly) change the volume with the screen closed by repeat pressing the volume key (without triggering skip/rewind) but not with long pressing it.

Dec 14, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #1,757 of 2,616
Love this player but I agree having to turn on screen to adjust volume is a pain

I actually don't mind that. The one thing I don't like about my V20, is that I can't skip tracks while the screen is off. I actually like the fact that I don't need to turn on the screen now. It comes in handy while I'm working out.

BTW, received my 128GB rosewood rear panel unit yesterday, and absolutely love it. It arrived with firmware v0.2.0 beta already installed. The only issue I've found so far, is the wifi is kinda spotty, but that seems to be a common issue. I had to boost the 2.4GHz band on my router last night, for the AP200 to work properly on wifi. Hopefully the next beta firmware addresses the wifi issues.

Been listening to FLAC files on a 200GB microsd card, along with Slacker Radio and Pandora Internet Radio, without any issues.

Based on some user posts, I wonder if the majority of 128GB units were shipped after the 32GB and 64GB units were shipped. Address the issues found in the first shipped units, on later manufactured units. Just a theory.

Dec 14, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #1,758 of 2,616

Totally agree with the volume not being able to be adjusted with the screen off. I asked @Hidizs Hk about it and apparently it’s deliberately like that so you “don’t accidentally” know the buttons in your pocket.

Which for me is silly; if I’m on the train and want to adjust the volume, I’d prefer to just put my hand in my pocket and adjust the volume, then having to pull it out of my pocket, turn on the screen, adjust the volume then place it back into my pocket.

It wouldn’t be so bad if they implemented HibyMusic’s ReplayGain which is in the store version, but not in the embedded and rebranded and cut down version we have on the AP200.

I guess we just keep emailing service@hidizs.com and hopefully they will one day deliver some decent software. Just worries me that with Hiby releasing their own DAP, we may not see much updates/ improvement to the actual inbuilt player as the Hiby team would be very busy.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #1,760 of 2,616
Totally agree with the volume not being able to be adjusted with the screen off. I asked @Hidizs Hk about it and apparently it’s deliberately like that so you “don’t accidentally” know the buttons in your pocket.

Which for me is silly; if I’m on the train and want to adjust the volume, I’d prefer to just put my hand in my pocket and adjust the volume, then having to pull it out of my pocket, turn on the screen, adjust the volume then place it back into my pocket.

It wouldn’t be so bad if they implemented HibyMusic’s ReplayGain which is in the store version, but not in the embedded and rebranded and cut down version we have on the AP200.

I guess we just keep emailing service@hidizs.com and hopefully they will one day deliver some decent software. Just worries me that with Hiby releasing their own DAP, we may not see much updates/ improvement to the actual inbuilt player as the Hiby team would be very busy.

Repeating myself: keep pressing the volume key (not holding it down) when screen is closed to change volume. Just don't press it so fast it triggers the skip/previous effect.

Dec 15, 2017 at 5:08 AM Post #1,765 of 2,616
Im planning to buy this ap200 but im seeing a lot of negative feebacks here. should i still buy one? Im not from US so buying this dap is not cheap for me.

If you're the kind of person who can stand being a beta tester (having buggy and/or incomplete software) then go ahead, hardware wise, it's darn good. It's sound quality is really good for the price. Consider that most of the negative feedback is mostly firmware/software, it's fixable with updates while most of the functions including music playback is working well. For those that have hardware issues, that would from what I'm seeing require a return to Hidizs.

Hidizs can't even get their archive files right...

/s

Same, having issues trying to download the firmware, I'm guessing it's a server issue on their part being unable to service possible demand in getting the firmware. I wish they would at least provide mirrors for their firmware downloads. I'll keep my download manager at it and see if I can get it somehow. If I do, I'll upload it to my dropbox or whatever file sharing provider I can use and put the link up here.

Dec 15, 2017 at 5:59 AM Post #1,769 of 2,616
Does anyone know what the new 2.1 should be adressing?

AP200 0.2.1 Firmware Version Update.
What we add in the new firmware:
1.Add adjust volume and switch song function when the screen sleep.
2.Improve the stability of hidizs music APP
3.Improve battery life under Pure Music mode
4.Optimize system operation
Please visit our official website: http://www.hidizs.com/support.php, download and update.

Dec 15, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #1,770 of 2,616
Just notice they changed the link in their official support website for firmware update to
AP200-0.2.0BetaFirmware.zip (not 0.2.1)

http://www.hidizs.com.cn/uploads/wenjian/AP200-0.2.0BetaFirmware.zip

And super slow download. Very confusing. I will wait a bit more before downloading

I have never been able to successfully download the firmware from their site, either from work or at home. It's always incredibly slow and then fails after about a half hour when it's only gotten about 40mb downloaded.

The only reason I have v2.0 is because someone else uploaded it to a sharing site and I was able to download it from there. 2.1 seems to be downloading faster for me, although still very slow, so maybe I can actually get this one.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back