New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Dec 15, 2017 at 6:57 AM Post #1,771 of 2,616
Just notice they changed the link in their official support website for firmware update to
AP200-0.2.0BetaFirmware.zip (not 0.2.1)

http://www.hidizs.com.cn/uploads/wenjian/AP200-0.2.0BetaFirmware.zip

And super slow download. Very confusing. I will wait a bit more before downloading

I just finished downloading, and opened the file, it looked like the old 2.0 beta firmware. I took a chance and updated my ap200, it still says 0.2.0Beta - so it's either the update doesn't change the firmware numbers, or this is just the old firmware attached to the new firmware download link.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017 at 7:03 AM Post #1,772 of 2,616
Congratulations.
Does yr update has these new features as indicated:
AP200 0.2.1 Firmware Version Update.
What we add in the new firmware:
1.Add adjust volume and switch song function when the screen sleep.
2.Improve the stability of hidizs music APP
3.Improve battery life under Pure Music mode
4.Optimize system operation

Dec 15, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #1,773 of 2,616
Congratulations.
Does yr update has these new features as indicated:
AP200 0.2.1 Firmware Version Update.
What we add in the new firmware:
1.Add adjust volume and switch song function when the screen sleep.
2.Improve the stability of hidizs music APP
3.Improve battery life under Pure Music mode
4.Optimize system operation

Thing is, on 0.2.0 Beta, I was able to 1. adjust volume (by pressing the volume up/down once for a volume step, repeated (slowly) for more gain or decrease (holding it down does not increase or decrease volume) Switch song (double tap quickly up (for previous track) double tap quickly down (for skipping the track) double tap and hold the 2nd up (for rewinding the current track) double tap and hold down (to fast forward track)

2-4 is something I can't find out in a short time (I did download the file from the updated link but I think it's just the same 0.2.0 Beta firmware)

Dec 15, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #1,774 of 2,616
I just finished downloading, and opened the file, it looked like the old 2.0 beta firmware. I took a chance and updated my ap200, it still says 0.2.0Beta - so it's either the update doesn't change the firmware numbers, or this is just the old firmware attached to the new firmware download link.

Yeah, looking at the ZIP file name I'm downloading it even says it's the 2.0 firmware.

Dec 15, 2017 at 7:20 AM Post #1,775 of 2,616
Yeah, looking at the ZIP file name I'm downloading it even says it's the 2.0 firmware.

Back when I was beta testing a certain phone brand for marshmallow, sometimes the developers would accidentally use the same folder for compiling the zip file which leads to the same zipfile name as the previous update though the contents are the updated ones. This though, is definitely the old update.

Dec 15, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #1,778 of 2,616
Im planning to buy this ap200 but im seeing a lot of negative feebacks here. should i still buy one? Im not from US so buying this dap is not cheap for me.

I'd wait a bit before buying. Some KS backers have had a terrible experience with the the units they received, and we're hearing the most noise from those people. I received my unit two days ago, and it's been working great. The wifi is a little weak, but if you have a strong connection to your access point, it shouldn't be an issue. Fortunately, the three locations I'll being using it on wifi, I have great signal strength.

The Android build is completely usable. I haven't noticed any of the bugs people have been complaining about, so maybe I just go lucky with the unit I received. There are some fixes/tweaks Hidizs needs to include in future updates, to improve the functionality and stability of the Android OS and some of the built-in apps, but it's no different than buying a new Android phone IMO. Early adopters usually deal with release issues, but those issues usually get addressed via software updates.

BTW, I have a 128GB model with rosewood rear panel.

Dec 15, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #1,779 of 2,616
I'd wait a bit before buying.

Yeah, I would also recommend waiting. I've only been using mine a few days and haven't had any major issues with it, and it sounds great to me, but some of the things I have noticed:

• when no music is playing I sometimes get an interference noise in my left channel, might be related to when I was in Android mode with Wifi on, but still shouldn't happen. I do not hear this or any other interference noise at all when music is playing, even during silent parts of songs, and haven't noticed it since I shut off the Wifi (when I had the Wifi on more recently to do some updates I also didn't notice the noise anymore, it was just when I first started using it)
  • at one point when trying to play music from a pause all I got was static in both channels until I unplugged and reseated my IEM cable, then music played fine
  • don't care for how the Play/Pause button only pauses music in Android mode (might be the music player I'm using [Shuttle]), but it works fine in Pure Music Mode. Also might get a 'fix' in the 2.1 update from what I saw in the notes
  • the device is sometimes a bit slow to wake up when i hit the power button
  • the first time I tried connecting my bluetooth headphones to the device, playback sounded terrible, the second time I tried it it sounded better, but not as good as bluetooth playback from my Essential PH-1

Other than that I haven't really had any issues, and I'm guessing the ones I'm having are software related, but we'll see. I would recommend waiting on buying one until at least the software it's running on is no longer listed as 'beta' though.

I've got the 64gb stainless steel model with the wood back.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #1,780 of 2,616
I would recommend waiting on buying one until at least the software it's running on is no longer listed as 'beta' though.

Umm... not sure if you're familiar with Hidizs, but I own an AP100, and the final firmware version they released for it is a beta version. Don't hold your breath waiting for a non-beta version firmware. BTW, I've had the AP100 for over 2 years now, and it still works great. I use it almost everyday still.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #1,781 of 2,616
Umm... not sure if you're familiar with Hidizs, but I own an AP100, and the final firmware version they released for it is a beta version. Don't hold your breath waiting for a non-beta version firmware. BTW, I've had the AP100 for about 2-3 years now, and it still works great. I use it almost everyday.

I'll settle for firmware that fixes the issues with the device, whether it's beta or not.

Dec 15, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #1,782 of 2,616
I'll settle for firmware that fixes the issues with the device, whether it's beta or not.

Agreed... the firmware updates with the AP100 were frequent, so I expect similar support with the AP200.

Dec 15, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #1,783 of 2,616
This is common with Windows 10 and DAC drivers. In order to install the driver you will need to do an "Advanced Startup" and boot without without driver signature enforcement.

Thanks ! This worked after I could finally disable the so well hidden option in the thing we called BIOS before, that made possible enabling the test mode from the admin shell, then the installation, and finally manualy delete and replace the driver with the Windows device manager, I don't remember how many reboots it took... (Kind of escape room game-like.) However, I put back the Windows driver after I observed a strong delay between audio and video watching videos and video watching will be the main purpose of my ap200 used as a DAC with my Windows laptop... The windows driver pushed at max resolution makes a poorer and flater sound but it the best solution I found to make the a/v lag short as acceptable.

Does anyone here know a better way ?

Dec 15, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #1,784 of 2,616
A small update about clicking in some songs with bass

I tried to use AP200 in DAC mode and I did not hear these clicks in the song

As soon as I started listening to the songs directly from the player, the clicks came back ...

However, there was another unpleasant thing
Listened to the player in DAC mode and pressed the volume button directly on the player. In all the songs there was a strong crack. Disconnected USB and connected again...the crack was gone. And this happens every time you adjust the volume with the buttons

I was answered by Hidizs service and asked to send music files that I listened to. forwarded, waiting for reply

Dec 15, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #1,785 of 2,616
Thing is, on 0.2.0 Beta, I was able to 1. adjust volume (by pressing the volume up/down once for a volume step, repeated (slowly) for more gain or decrease (holding it down does not increase or decrease volume)

OK - so after much messing around I've discovered that a slow screen-off double-tap will increment the volume by +/-2 numbers only(depending on what side of rocker you press). So if you start at volume=50, shut the screen off, then slow double tap up, this will increase volume to 52. Holding down the second tap does not increment the volume any further. This is still far too tedious but it looks like they will address it in 2.1.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back