New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Dec 15, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #1,786 of 2,616
AP200 is my first android DAP. Previous DAPs have been Xduuo X2, Shanling M1s and Zishan Z2. I really liked the Z2. But none of these compares to the AP200 - that thing sounds marvelous!

I havent found much negative about the AP200. GUI seems manageable. I mainly use mine playing FLACs with Foobar. Spotify Premium works very well too. Only had one drop out on wifi signal in the last 15-20 hours.

Battery life is awesome. Up to 9-10 hours playing flacs. Even on wifi (6-7 hours depending on volume/gain)

I really love my AP200.

Something that annoys me a bit, is that the volume button rattles a little, if you shake it. And the screen is not as responsive as a modern smart phone, but this is just 1. world problems.

Dec 15, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #1,787 of 2,616
AP200 is my first android DAP. Previous DAPs have been Xduuo X2, Shanling M1s and Zishan Z2. I really liked the Z2. But none of these compares to the AP200 - that thing sounds marvelous!

I havent found much negative about the AP200. GUI seems manageable. I mainly use mine playing FLACs with Foobar. Spotify Premium works very well too. Only had one drop out on wifi signal in the last 15-20 hours.

Battery life is awesome. Up to 9-10 hours playing flacs. Even on wifi (6-7 hours depending on volume/gain)

I really love my AP200.

Something that annoys me a bit, is that the volume button rattles a little, if you shake it. And the screen is not as responsive as a modern smart phone, but this is just 1. world problems.

I got about 6 hours today on wifi today today. The AP200 was fully charged, and I had Slacker Radio playing the entire time. I had high gain enabled.

Dec 16, 2017 at 7:33 AM Post #1,788 of 2,616
Thing is, on 0.2.0 Beta, I was able to 1. adjust volume (by pressing the volume up/down once for a volume step, repeated (slowly) for more gain or decrease (holding it down does not increase or decrease volume) Switch song (double tap quickly up (for previous track) double tap quickly down (for skipping the track) double tap and hold the 2nd up (for rewinding the current track) double tap and hold down (to fast forward track)

2-4 is something I can't find out in a short time (I did download the file from the updated link but I think it's just the same 0.2.0 Beta firmware)

Got a reply from Hidizs seevice support today regards the firmware update. Here is their reply:
Quote:
Hi, please download it. It's the 0.2.1Beta. Because the underlying code of the website did not change yet. We will solve it soon.
Re: Firmware AP200-0.2.1Beta

Dec 16, 2017 at 7:41 AM Post #1,789 of 2,616
I got about 6 hours today on wifi today today. The AP200 was fully charged, and I had Slacker Radio playing the entire time. I had high gain enabled.

That is pretty decent, streaming on wifi. They probably didnt even optimize wifi power usage, so if we're lucky, it's gonna be better. But 6 hours is decent. My 7 hours was on spotify with low gain. I have not tried any radio apps. I do not know if different apps could use more power.

Dec 16, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #1,790 of 2,616
Are they hosting the Hidizs website on a AP200? Nope, that would probably be faster. Where do these chinese companys find so bad hosting? Even a small rasp pi micro sd server on a DSL line would be ****ing faster....

Dec 16, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #1,791 of 2,616
I think 99% of chinese sites ate that slow, I wonder what happens if you enter those sites being on china soil, maybe they have some limitation for non local connections, or maybe I am just talking BS :darthsmile:

Dec 16, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #1,792 of 2,616
Are they hosting the Hidizs website on a AP200? Nope, that would probably be faster. Where do these chinese companys find so bad hosting? Even a small rasp pi micro sd server on a DSL line would be ****ing faster....

It's still 2.0Beta, the file dates are Nov instead of December...
OK - so after much messing around I've discovered that a slow screen-off double-tap will increment the volume by +/-2 numbers only(depending on what side of rocker you press). So if you start at volume=50, shut the screen off, then slow double tap up, this will increase volume to 52. Holding down the second tap does not increment the volume any further. This is still far too tedious but it looks like they will address it in 2.1.

Here;s a video of how you can change the volume with more than 1-2 degrees on firmware 0.2.0Beta

It's still 2.0Beta, the file dates are Nov instead of December...

Dec 16, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #1,794 of 2,616
Just downloaded and installed Beta 2.1 BUT the Ap200 says it's still 2.0 Beta What Tried several times...

I just left an angry message on the Hidizs Facebook page....

@Hidizs Hk @Hidizsofficial Whomever is posting your firmware upgrades (or NOT) needs a good talking to.,,, This is the kind of stuff than can cost you customers.. forever !

Dec 16, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #1,795 of 2,616
Thanks for the clarification - still tedious as hell.

It's still better than nothing but year, hopefully when the real 2.1 firmware comes out, this will be more streamlined.

Dec 16, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #1,796 of 2,616
Just downloaded and installed Beta 2.1 BUT the Ap200 says it's still 2.0 Beta What Tried several times...

I just left an angry message on the Hidizs Facebook page....

@Hidizs Hk @Hidizsofficial Whomever is posting your firmware upgrades (or NOT) needs a good talking to.,,, This is the kind of stuff than can cost you customers.. forever !
I can confirm this. Don't bother trying to download yet. Took ~6 hours to download a 321 megabyte file just to find out it was 2.0. In fact when you open the 2.1 zip file the embedded folder says "...2.0" (see pic). Files in the 2.1 archive are the same size and date as the previous 2.0 firmware archive.
AP200Beta21.jpg

Truly disappointing.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #1,797 of 2,616
Truly disappointing

Totally agree!

Either @Hidizs Hk is trying to please people with a bogus update to give them more time/ build trust or they just really stuffed it up big time trying to rush it.

If in fact it is really a new update, they need to delete it, recompile the correct and fixed update as a new 0.2.2 to stop all this confusion for everyone.

Dec 16, 2017 at 10:31 PM Post #1,798 of 2,616
Yeap, was right.

You are using internal storage instead of NAND flash and you can always use sd card if that wont be enough

Cheers
is there anyway i can save the spotify download to the NAND flash? not sure which folder to move it in and can i even make it set default to save there

Dec 16, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #1,799 of 2,616
is there anyway i can save the spotify download to the NAND flash? not sure which folder to move it in and can i even make it set default to save there

Use the settings on spotify on where to place saved data. Its in "Settings" then near the bottom "Others" then "Storage"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back