New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Dec 17, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #1,802 of 2,616
I am waiting on N5ii actually, so until it arrives, I cannot speak about it :darthsmile:

yeah I read in in N5ii thread your post , thought it was already with you. So I will be waiting with you :)))))))) very curious about that one
I like ap200 but not so much not to let it go in a very nearest future , so I need to start looking into my next dap options

Dec 17, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #1,803 of 2,616
yeah I read in in N5ii thread your post , thought it was already with you. So I will be waiting with you :)))))))) very curious about that one
I like ap200 but not so much not to let it go in a very nearest future , so I need to start looking into my next dap options

The HiBy R6 seems to be the next best thing, and it's in a decent price range.

Dec 18, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #1,804 of 2,616
I'm no Tidal expert, but are you sure it is possible to store Tidal off-line to external memory? Have you been able to do this with other devices? This would make the content transferable to any device and I think there is a limit to how many devices you can use with Tidal. I might be completely wrong, just going off something I heard one time. It might be worth checking with Tidal customer support.
Absolutely possible. Not using this device but on 4 Android devices I use both internal and external storage for Tidal offline. For the record, the files stored on the memory card str coded to the particular device they are downloaded to. Taking the memory card and placing in different device simply leaves you used up space on your card with nothing usable to show for it

Dec 18, 2017 at 3:57 AM Post #1,805 of 2,616
I just downloaded the latest (well, they did change the link file) firmware and installed it, it seems to be working (version is now 0.2.1Beta).
Screen Off:
press volume once stop again stop again stop = volume up/down
press and hold volume button = folume up/down
press quickly button twice = skip/rewind

The rest, I'll need to monitor if the player is stable, if power is less drained in pure mode and if the system is indeed optimized
You can get it at their site or through this download link I made for Mega (Please don't abuse it, that's my personal online storage) :)

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2017 at 4:27 AM Post #1,806 of 2,616
I just downloaded the latest (well, they did change the link file) firmware and installed it, it seems to be working (version is now 0.2.1Beta).
Screen Off:

The rest, I'll need to monitor if the player is stable, if power is less drained in pure mode and if the system is indeed optimized
You can get it at their site or through this download link I made for Mega (Please don't abuse it, that's my personal online storage) :)
Thanks a lot for your download link. Now that was fast!

Dec 18, 2017 at 5:24 AM Post #1,807 of 2,616
Thanks a lot for your download link. Now that was fast!

Since that's just a free storage plan, there is a limit on it that I'm not sure of. Hopefully it doesn't conk out, but I'll try uploading to dropbox as another backup, though Philippine internet speed isn't the fastest nor is it unlimited.

Dec 18, 2017 at 5:39 AM Post #1,808 of 2,616
Screen Off:

Thank you so much. Appreciated

Dec 18, 2017 at 6:31 AM Post #1,810 of 2,616
I think they give you 50GB free storage. I used their  app

Yes, 50gb storage, I was thinking along the lines of transfer limits (allowed amount of downloads)

In anycase, so far the firmware seems stable, the 'hicccups' i had before (a song would suddenly stop playing, player shows its playing but progress bar is stuck. Sometimes it would automatically unstuck, sometimes I'd need to skip. Sometimes when i plug a new earphone, it wont play unless I skip.) Still checking on the consumption of power on pure music mode.

Dec 18, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #1,811 of 2,616
Thanks for sharing and spreading the word. Much appreciated!

Screen Off:

Dec 18, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #1,812 of 2,616
Yes, 50gb storage, I was thinking along the lines of transfer limits (allowed amount of downloads)

In anycase, so far the firmware seems stable, the 'hicccups' i had before (a song would suddenly stop playing, player shows its playing but progress bar is stuck. Sometimes it would automatically unstuck, sometimes I'd need to skip. Sometimes when i plug a new earphone, it wont play unless I skip.) Still checking on the consumption of power on pure music mode.
I had the same hiccups as you in last version. Not expecting much as Hidizs only mentioned :-
1.Add adjust volume and switch song function when the screen sleep.
2.Improve the stability of hidizs music APP
3.Improve battery life under Pure Music mode
4.Optimize system operation
Going to play with it a few days & see if its better.

Dec 18, 2017 at 8:15 AM Post #1,813 of 2,616
I had the same hiccups as you in last version. Not expecting much as Hidizs only mentioned :-
1.Add adjust volume and switch song function when the screen sleep.
2.Improve the stability of hidizs music APP
3.Improve battery life under Pure Music mode
4.Optimize system operation
Going to play with it a few days & see if its better.

I believe our hiccups were hidizs player issues, my ap200 is now charging (at 1% from 89%) but i used the player continuously and i didn't hear any sudden stops. So far so good, once it's charged I'll do that again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back