New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Dec 13, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #1,741 of 2,616
In that section where you made a photo just scroll down and you will see nand flash info and sd card info

Dec 13, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #1,742 of 2,616
While waiting for a response from support@hidizs about the noise in the bass
I decided to try the player in "DAC in" mode
When i try install driver for it
He show me this(on pic)
One guy already posted about this but noone answer to him
Windows 10 x64 tried run as admin
Also tried install in other disk
What is tusbaudioks.inf?
Somebody have this problem?

Yes I have the same problem...

Dec 13, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #1,744 of 2,616
It got dropped off at lunch, which means no pretty pictures since I'm at work and only have my phone for a camera and a messy desk, but so far so good.

REqSzHq.jpg

Fk2sh2e.jpg

Don't care for the Hiby music player at all (tried to like it before I got the AP200, didn't fly), so I'm using Shuttle.

Dec 14, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #1,748 of 2,616
Write here if you find a solution

I do not know what can be done about it yet.
This is common with Windows 10 and DAC drivers. In order to install the driver you will need to do an "Advanced Startup" and boot without without driver signature enforcement.

Dec 14, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #1,749 of 2,616
hello i received the ap200 this morning and sometimes if i move the ap200 it starts to make a white noise in the left channel....then if i adjust the 3.5mm heaphone plug the noise is gone sometimes and others times starts poping noise ,is there someone with the same problem?

Dec 14, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #1,751 of 2,616
Finally received my unit (32GB Black Aluminum) yesterday after about a 1 month wait from the time it shipped. Came with firmware 1.8. Had difficulty upgrading to 2.0. It didn't like the 200gb Sandisk (exfat format)- it would fail to mount this card upon update reboot - even though it reads the card fine when operating normally. So I ended up putting the firmware on a old 2gb card formatted in fat32 and that worked.

The sound of the AP200 is a little less spacious than the Shanling M3s (similarly priced - I purchased both). The M3s seems to separate the instruments in recordings better with a little more clarity. They both seem to have similar output power. The EQ on the AP200 actually affects the sound more than the EQ on the M3s. But the EQ on the AP200 crashed several times as I was trying to alter the curve - you can't go too fast or it just freezes and crashes. I also had the bass distortion problem (discussed earlier in this thread) but it was only for a moment and then it went away.

I don't like that you can't adjust the volume when the screen is off. However you can advance tracks by double clicking the transport/volume rocker when the screen is off. I'm not a fan of the transport/volume rocker combination. I hope Hidizs will address the volume issue in an upcoming firmware update.

The aluminum sides seem to act as a heat sink and got warm to the touch under normal operation (but you can't feel the warmth when the case is on). The glass on both sides stayed cool to the touch. Wifi operation is good up to about 40 feet with walls. Haven't tried to use Bluetooth yet. The Android system is not as snappy as I would like - it's just ok.

Overall I like the AP200 but it's definitely a work in progress. And I don't know how much can be addressed through firmware. We'll see...

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #1,752 of 2,616
Last edited:
Dec 14, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #1,753 of 2,616
hello i received the ap200 this morning and sometimes if i move the ap200 it starts to make a white noise in the left channel....then if i adjust the 3.5mm heaphone plug the noise is gone sometimes and others times starts poping noise ,is there someone with the same problem?
the noise has gone...must be the burning time...strange very strange....but first impressions are very positive good tonal balance, plays very well with my ie800 , whithout doubt one of the best dynamic driver
iems ever made and tunned , in my opinion of course

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #1,754 of 2,616
Finally received my unit (32GB Black Aluminum) yesterday after about a 1 month wait from the time it shipped. Came with firmware 1.8. Had difficulty upgrading to 2.0. It didn't like the 200gb Sandisk (exfat format)- it would fail to mount this card upon update reboot - even though it reads the card fine when operating normally. So I ended up putting the firmware on a old 2gb card formatted in fat32 and that worked.

The sound of the AP200 is a little less spacious than the Shanling M3s (similarly priced - I purchased both). The M3s seems to separate the instruments in recordings better with a little more clarity. They both seem to have similar output power. The EQ on the AP200 actually affects the sound more than the EQ on the M3s. But the EQ on the AP200 crashed several times as I was trying to alter the curve - you can't go too fast or it just freezes and crashes. I also had the bass distortion problem (discussed earlier in this thread) but it was only for a moment and then it went away.

I don't like that you can't adjust the volume when the screen is off. However you can advance tracks by double clicking the transport/volume rocker when the screen is off. I'm not a fan of the transport/volume rocker combination. I hope Hidizs will address the volume issue in an upcoming firmware update.

The aluminum sides seem to act as a heat sink and got warm to the touch under normal operation (but you can't feel the warmth when the case is on). The glass on both sides stayed cool to the touch. Wifi operation is good up to about 40 feet with walls. Haven't tried to use Bluetooth yet. The Android system is not as snappy as I would like - it's just ok.

Overall I like the AP200 but it's definitely a work in progress. And I don't know how much can be addressed through firmware. We'll see...

Update files will (as you discovered) only work in fat32 formatted storage, in case you don't want the hassle of switching cards, jyst save the update file in the internal dap storage and it'll work just the same.

I have the same eq problem, I've reported it, i suggest you do the same so it'll get recognized and hopefully fixed in the next update.

Same sentiments and issue, though volume does work in screen closed, you need to press the button +/- once, wait half a second, press, again (avoiding the skip/previous effect) and repeat, it's a slow process but it works. My ocness is triggered by the volume - as the skip and volume + as rewind, it feels reversed to me

My stainless steel warms up a fair bit when high amp charging (2a), also when on high gain, high volume and power hungry headphones (he400i) but I consider it a bit normal.

Wifi and Bluetooth should have no isses but their ranges are a bit shorter than mobile phones (maybe to conserve power). Not sure this may help snappiness, but when i first got the ap200, it felt a bit slow in most functions, i erased nand and factory reset the device. It became more comfortable in usage for a quad core 1ghz device.

Most of the current issues can be fixed with firmware updates, if hidizs knows what our issues are through reporting at their support email.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back