New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Nov 29, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #1,456 of 2,616
Any comparisons to Fiio X5ii?

You asked this in X3-3 thread as well. X5ii is better than X3-3 in every possible way, IMHO. Sound, storage, aesthetics, everything.

AP200 is very different from X5ii, it is an Android DAP, with a lot of things it can do. The sound alone is pretty much thicker, smoother, and slightly less resolving / less detailed on AP200, but it can do a ton more with Android abilities. Also, AP200 has only one mSD slot.

Nov 29, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #1,457 of 2,616
Thanks a lot.
Sorry for my layman question again: this is my first Android device ever, I am since ages completely in the Apple ecosystem. I don't have Google store account. Is there any way to install Tidal without it, or is it a must to have one? I have Google e-mail address, is this somehow connected to the Google Store, or I have to open something new?

I think you need a google account to use Tidal. Having a Googlew mail address should be enough to connect to PlayStore and use Tidal.

Nov 29, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #1,458 of 2,616
I think you need a google account to use Tidal. Having a Googlew mail address should be enough to connect to PlayStore and use Tidal.
Thanks a lot! Got everything finally working. Now, I have connected Mojo with the cable included but no sound comes out of Mojo. I was trying to find any settings how to switch to an external dac, but couldn't find it anywhere. Help much appreciated.

Nov 29, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #1,459 of 2,616
Thanks a lot.
Sorry for my layman question again: this is my first Android device ever, I am since ages completely in the Apple ecosystem. I don't have Google store account. Is there any way to install Tidal without it, or is it a must to have one? I have Google e-mail address, is this somehow connected to the Google Store, or I have to open something new?

You can use your gmail and pass to sign into Gstore and download Tidal

Nov 29, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #1,460 of 2,616
Any comparisons to Fiio X5ii?
Just did A-B between AP200 and X5II.
X5II sounds definitely better, more substantial and has wider and better defined soundstage, but AP200 is more fun. It is nice toy with lot of Android goodies. For me personally AP200 will be mostly for Tidal, and for my own library I will stay with X5II.

Nov 29, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #1,461 of 2,616
^ DJ, it will be interesting to see if your opinion (and others) changes after some burn-in time (say - at least 100 hours)?

I am still using (and happy) with the old AP100 model which seems to be better with full size cans as opposed to IEM's.

Any further comparisons between the AP200 and the AP100 from anyone?

Nov 29, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #1,462 of 2,616
Starting to like more and more this funny nice toy.
Only can not manage that Tidal sees my external 128GB Sandisk for offline storage, it's simply not there. Hidizs player shows and plays it.
Can't figure how to make an external DAC working. It recognizes the connection, but doesn't output any sound :triportsad:

Nov 29, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #1,463 of 2,616
^ DJ, it appears that you are not alone, others have said that they can't use it with a Mojo - so it might be some time before the software catches up.

I assume that you all have installed the USB DAC driver.

Nov 29, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #1,464 of 2,616
Thanks a lot! Got everything finally working. Now, I have connected Mojo with the cable included but no sound comes out of Mojo. I was trying to find any settings how to switch to an external dac, but couldn't find it anywhere. Help much appreciated.

I don't know how to help with that one, it doesn't seem to work for me either

Nov 29, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #1,466 of 2,616
Just did A-B between AP200 and X5II.
X5II sounds definitely better, more substantial and has wider and better defined soundstage, but AP200 is more fun. It is nice toy with lot of Android goodies. For me personally AP200 will be mostly for Tidal, and for my own library I will stay with X5II.

Hmmm this is not good. Can you offer more detail on what you mean by "better"?

Nov 29, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #1,467 of 2,616

Wider soundstage on X5ii basically. AP200 is not a small soundstage DAP, X5ii is just a tad wider. Please keep in mind that X5ii doesn't have Android or other abilities that AP200 has.

If that's the case, then I may have one for sale tomorrow (got a notification from the post office). I only needed it as a transport for the Mojo. Anyone interested?

I think it should work at some point though .

Nov 29, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #1,468 of 2,616
I am not a Tidal user because it is not available in my country, but I found such a webpage and I hope it will help you;

https://smartphones.gadgethacks.com...lbums-playlists-for-offline-playback-0180357/
All these steps are done.
As website says Tidal can store on internal memory or SD card if device shows to it and AP200 is not doing.
Hiby player is playing without problems FLAC 24/96 files stored on SD card.
AP is showing more limitations increasing my unhappiness with this product.

Nov 29, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #1,469 of 2,616

Wider soundstage on X5ii basically. AP200 is not a small soundstage DAP, X5ii is just a tad wider. Please keep in mind that X5ii doesn't have Android or other abilities that AP200 has.
I am highly aware that tastes might be different, but as George said, I am glad we agree on that. I am listening mostly but not only, classical symphonic music, and for that X5II exhibits much better instruments separation, feeling of the space around the instruments and imaging than AP200. AP200 sounds a little bit congested, squashed. Also it has a nice warmth to the bass, but the sub-bass is somewhat missing. X5II gives for my ears fuller vertical scale of the instruments. But again, with AP200 it is a fun to have Android device with the apps and all the gimmicks.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #1,470 of 2,616
Thank you. It seems peculiar - I wonder if they are fulfilling orders sequentially? Or perhaps in order by configuration (color, on-board memory, etc.)? What's painful to me is I see a seller or two on eBay with these on offer. What the heck?

One seller from Florida, one in China, and one from UK. That one seller from China, you can even choose your own configuration! Delivery Estimated between Sat. Dec. 9 and Fri. Dec. 29. This seller looks like a distributor. They're selling over 200 other items. *sigh* I'm just going to sit and wait like I suppose to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back