New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Nov 30, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #1,486 of 2,616
Did you disconnect iem/headphone? If not, try to do that, that solved the issue for me
Yes, the headphones were unplugged.

Are there any tricks with the WiFi setting? Measuring with OOKLA's speedtest with my MBPro using wifi 476.48 Mbps, and on AP200 getting between 4 and 9 Mbps?!

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #1,487 of 2,616
That is not normal.

You can try to redownload the firmware from HIDIZS, copy it on internal memory, then it will ask to intall. Install it, then see if it still does that.

If that doesn't fix it,

Turn it off -> Press volume down, keep pressing, then press on power, keep like this for ~20 seconds. You'll see the Android recovery mode.

Navigate to Wipe / Reset. Do it. Restart.

This is what might fix it.

I really appreciate your fast and kindness answer.

I did factory reset like your answer but there is same.

It's very stress and Hidizs didn't answer until now

I'm very disappointed and want to ask refund to the seller.

Anyway thanks to your help

Nov 30, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #1,489 of 2,616
I really appreciate your fast and kindness answer.

I did factory reset like your answer but there is same.

It's very stress and Hidizs didn't answer until now

I'm very disappointed and want to ask refund to the seller.

Anyway thanks to your help

I wish I could help you more:cry:...

Does it work alright with any third party music app? Maybe you can enjoy it like that :fingers_crossed:

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #1,492 of 2,616
Actually I can use another music app from google play but my ap200 is not a smartphone. Wifi is so slow and another applications are slow and heavy....

My list of other apps to use includes Neutron, PowerAMP and VLC music. Maybe try downloading the PalyStore Hiby as well, it might work!

Neutron player worked great on mine before it died. Worth a shot.

Very good advice!

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #1,493 of 2,616
I'm using ap200 now.

The sound quality is very good but hidizs music application makes me very stress.

Whenever I navigate or choose a music to select, that app shut down automatically.

I uploaded my video about this critical problem.

Only issue I have with selecting audio files in HyBy is that it does not seem to work with selecting a folder. Otherwise can select by artist, by album, etc... then individual song...

Do any of the music selection methods work for you? Or are all of them unstable?

This sounds like a firmware issue, but George gave you same advice that I would have. Hope @Hidizs Hk can help you directly...

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #1,494 of 2,616
Only issue I have with selecting audio files in HyBy is that it does not seem to work with selecting a folder. Otherwise can select by artist, by album, etc... then individual song...

Do any of the music selection methods work for you? Or are all of them unstable?

This sounds like a firmware issue, but George gave you same advice that I would have. Hope @Hidizs Hk can help you directly...

I wonder why Hiby presents different issues for different users, my hiby doesn't have any issue to speak about. In fact, my personal unit doesn't really have an erratic behavior to speak about, and it is mostly stable. Mostly. I wonder why the variation in their behavior? Does it act streange when it reads special characters? If so, what characters? I think that @Hidizs Hk @Hidizsofficial should step in and let us know how development is going on their side.

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #1,495 of 2,616
i cant plug it in it just keep disconnect and reconnect cant even use their internal storage... when i connect to the computer is it only my set? or

When I connect mine to Windows 10 Computer with USB 2.0 cable supplied and the AP200 OFF, I get a Welcome (Charging) screen.
- If I then press the On Switch on top, And I get a Welcome Screen after about 8 seconds, then it boots... maybe takes a minute...
- Eventually get a Screen with Green Android Figure. If I press the "turn on usb storage". Then OK on next popup... It says "USB Mass Storage Connected".
- At this point I get 2 New Drives on my Laptop. In my case Drive E: is the Player's internal memory. And the Drive F: is the Micro USB card. And at this point I can use File Explorer to move files to and from either drive.
I have used supplied cable, and one from my smartphone with no problems. Connection is stable with either USB2.0 or USB3.0 ports on my Laptop.

Are you getting ANY of the same results? Where does it differ? HAve you tried a different cable, Or a Different USB Port on your computer? If you're using an Apple Computer, I can't help.

Nov 30, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #1,496 of 2,616
When I connect mine to Windows 10 Computer with USB 2.0 cable supplied and the AP200 OFF, I get a Welcome (Charging) screen.
- If I then press the On Switch on top, And I get a Welcome Screen after about 8 seconds, then it boots... maybe takes a minute...
- Eventually get a Screen with Green Android Figure. If I press the "turn on usb storage". Then OK on next popup... It says "USB Mass Storage Connected".
- At this point I get 2 New Drives on my Laptop. In my case Drive E: is the Player's internal memory. And the Drive F: is the Micro USB card. And at this point I can use File Explorer to move files to and from either drive.
I have used supplied cable, and one from my smartphone with no problems. Connection is stable with either USB2.0 or USB3.0 ports on my Laptop.

Are you getting ANY of the same results? Where does it differ? HAve you tried a different cable, Or a Different USB Port on your computer? If you're using an Apple Computer, I can't help.

Done that but still can't connect it just keep disconnect and connect, my PC keep having the USB plugged in and then out sound back to back and the driver also greyed out when it's in and then few moment later gone. It repeats I am only able to charge it that's all

Nov 30, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #1,497 of 2,616
Done that but still can't connect it just keep disconnect and connect, my PC keep having the USB plugged in and then out sound back to back and the driver also greyed out when it's in and then few moment later gone. It repeats I am only able to charge it that's all

Sorry, Out of ideas. Maybe do a factory reset? Can't hurt, but will erase anything you installed. George described how to do this a few messages above...

Nov 30, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #1,498 of 2,616
My list of other apps to use includes Neutron, PowerAMP and VLC music. Maybe try downloading the PalyStore Hiby as well, it might work!

Thanks to your advice. I Installed some music application from google play. Just I think that the basic music app(hidiz music)'s sound is better than another music app. This is just my opinion.

Very good advice!

Nov 30, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #1,500 of 2,616
I wonder why Hiby presents different issues for different users, my hiby doesn't have any issue to speak about. In fact, my personal unit doesn't really have an erratic behavior to speak about, and it is mostly stable. Mostly. I wonder why the variation in their behavior? Does it act streange when it reads special characters? If so, what characters? I think that @Hidizs Hk @Hidizsofficial should step in and let us know how development is going on their side.

Was thinking exactly the same thing today

Users who are viewing this thread

Back