New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Nov 9, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #1,171 of 2,616
FYI,, Just received the AP200 today. Near Philadelphia, PA USA. The Aluminum Version.

Just plugged a power cord into the USB-C ... Got a WELCOME Screen then battery capacity @ 93%...

Just making sure it will charge since saw that @OldDude04 had some trouble charging his... MIne seems OK, now @ 95%...

Comes with firmware version 0.1.7Beta Will update that to newest later.

Nov 9, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #1,172 of 2,616
FYI,, Just received the AP200 today. Near Philadelphia, PA USA. The Aluminum Version.

Just plugged a power cord into the USB-C ... Got a WELCOME Screen then battery capacity @ 93%...

Just making sure it will charge since saw that @OldDude04 had some trouble charging his... MIne seems OK, now @ 95%...

Comes with firmware version 0.1.7Beta Will update that to newest later.

A few questions for those of us in the US still waiting:
1. Who was your carrier (USPS, DHL, UPS etc.)?
2. Did you receive a tracking # from Hidizs before today (or did it just show up)?
3. Did you order early on Kickstarter or later on Indiegogo?

This might give the rest of us in the US an idea of timeline. Thanks!

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #1,174 of 2,616
1. Who was your carrier (USPS, DHL, UPS etc.)? Looks like DHL, but delivered by USPS
2. Did you receive a tracking # from Hidizs before today (or did it just show up)? No Tracking number from Hidizs. Did not pay extra for one...
3. Did you order early on Kickstarter or later on Indiegogo? Kickstarter

See answers above. Hope it means something to those still waiting.

Playing some flac files from MicroSD card. Sound quality is very good.
Sound started ramping up to 100% by itself after turning down a few times. Turned off and on and volume control back to normal.
This is with the firmware installed, so probably not important ... Volume OK with Low Gain with Massdrop Sennheiser HD 6XX's. 100% on high gain is loud
May not drive some more power hungry headphones to loud volumes, but got it mostly for IEM's...

Nov 9, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #1,177 of 2,616
Before mine died, I did figure out
1. Who was your carrier (USPS, DHL, UPS etc.)?
2. Did you receive a tracking # from Hidizs before today (or did it just show up)?
3. Did you order early on Kickstarter or later on Indiegogo?

1. DHL to USPS locally, then USPS delivered to the house
2. No tracking #, but I'm signed up for USPS's Informed Delivery (it's free) and it told me I had a package coming. I didn't know what it was, just that something was coming.
3. On Kickstarter

Nov 10, 2017 at 2:29 AM Post #1,179 of 2,616
I have heard back from Hidizs.

Line Out, Hibylink and ReplayGain should hopefully be in the next firmware update in about 10+ days.

They are working on a digital user manual and are looking into my other issues I listed.

It’s definitely worth emailing Hidizs any found issue so they can investigate and get user feedback to improve the product.

Nov 10, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #1,180 of 2,616
I have heard back from Hidizs.

Line Out, Hibylink and ReplayGain should hopefully be in the next firmware update in about 10+ days.

They are working on a digital user manual and are looking into my other issues I listed.

It’s definitely worth emailing Hidizs any found issue so they can investigate and get user feedback to improve the product.

I always do provide them with all found issues after each FW upgrade. The tendency is promissing, they are fixing issues. Not all are fixed yet but eventually hope that they will

Nov 10, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #1,181 of 2,616
From the Kickstarter comments:

Hidizs Creator 1 day ago

We will keep shipping 80 pcs AP200 every day until ship out all the orders. Again as we explained in last update, we met some problems during the mass production. So it took us some time to fix the problems. We want to make sure we deliver you good quality products rather than fast but full of problems products. And we really feel sorry that we didn’t fulfill our promised delivery time. We will learn from this process and make improvements for our future campaigns. And we really feel grateful to have all your supports.

Nov 10, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #1,182 of 2,616
From the Kickstarter comments:

Hidizs Creator 1 day ago

We will keep shipping 80 pcs AP200 every day until ship out all the orders. Again as we explained in last update, we met some problems during the mass production. So it took us some time to fix the problems. We want to make sure we deliver you good quality products rather than fast but full of problems products. And we really feel sorry that we didn’t fulfill our promised delivery time. We will learn from this process and make improvements for our future campaigns. And we really feel grateful to have all your supports.

Has #634 been shipped yet?

Nov 11, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #1,184 of 2,616
See answers above. Hope it means something to those still waiting.

Playing some flac files from MicroSD card. Sound quality is very good.
Sound started ramping up to 100% by itself after turning down a few times. Turned off and on and volume control back to normal.
This is with the firmware installed, so probably not important ... Volume OK with Low Gain with Massdrop Sennheiser HD 6XX's. 100% on high gain is loud
May not drive some more power hungry headphones to loud volumes, but got it mostly for IEM's...

Hi, please do you think, that the AP200 would be a good source for the HD 6xx? I am looking for a DAP, that I could use as a primary source, but I am quite on a budget.. Does the AP200 have enough power to drive them well? :) thank you :)

Nov 11, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #1,185 of 2,616
Hi, please do you think, that the AP200 would be a good source for the HD 6xx? I am looking for a DAP, that I could use as a primary source, but I am quite on a budget.. Does the AP200 have enough power to drive them well? :) thank you :)
For me it's enough power/volume, especially on high gain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back