New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by crabdog, Mar 6, 2017.

1. CactusPete23
    FYI,, Just received the AP200 today. Near Philadelphia, PA USA. The Aluminum Version.

Just plugged a power cord into the USB-C ... Got a WELCOME Screen then battery capacity @ 93%...

Just making sure it will charge since saw that @OldDude04 had some trouble charging his... MIne seems OK, now @ 95%...

Comes with firmware version 0.1.7Beta Will update that to newest later.

OldDude04 likes this.
  2. emthered
    A few questions for those of us in the US still waiting:
    1. Who was your carrier (USPS, DHL, UPS etc.)?
    2. Did you receive a tracking # from Hidizs before today (or did it just show up)?
    3. Did you order early on Kickstarter or later on Indiegogo?

This might give the rest of us in the US an idea of timeline. Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  3. Apputty
    I still haven't received mine. So am assuming that they are sending in batches.
    My backer number is 1008 so I guess I might still have to wait a little more.

4. CactusPete23
    See answers above. Hope it means something to those still waiting.

Playing some flac files from MicroSD card. Sound quality is very good.
    Sound started ramping up to 100% by itself after turning down a few times. Turned off and on and volume control back to normal.
    This is with the firmware installed, so probably not important ... Volume OK with Low Gain with Massdrop Sennheiser HD 6XX's. 100% on high gain is loud
    May not drive some more power hungry headphones to loud volumes, but got it mostly for IEM's...

emthered likes this.
  5. emthered
    Thanks CactusPete! So it looks like the Kickstarters are finally shipping. Just to clarify - did the volume problem occur with the new firmware?

6. CactusPete23
    Still on old firmware, so probably not important... I hope. Will update firmware tomorrow...

7. OldDude04
    Before mine died, I did figure out

1. DHL to USPS locally, then USPS delivered to the house
    2. No tracking #, but I'm signed up for USPS's Informed Delivery (it's free) and it told me I had a package coming. I didn't know what it was, just that something was coming.
    3. On Kickstarter

8. HungryPanda
    Backer No. 948 here, hope it comes soon

9. reeza
    I have heard back from Hidizs.

Line Out, Hibylink and ReplayGain should hopefully be in the next firmware update in about 10+ days.

They are working on a digital user manual and are looking into my other issues I listed.

It’s definitely worth emailing Hidizs any found issue so they can investigate and get user feedback to improve the product.

HungryPanda and OldDude04 like this.
  10. IryxBRO
    I always do provide them with all found issues after each FW upgrade. The tendency is promissing, they are fixing issues. Not all are fixed yet but eventually hope that they will

Kervsky likes this.
  11. wiski
    From the Kickstarter comments:

Hidizs Creator 1 day ago

We will keep shipping 80 pcs AP200 every day until ship out all the orders. Again as we explained in last update, we met some problems during the mass production. So it took us some time to fix the problems. We want to make sure we deliver you good quality products rather than fast but full of problems products. And we really feel sorry that we didn’t fulfill our promised delivery time. We will learn from this process and make improvements for our future campaigns. And we really feel grateful to have all your supports.

12. singleended5863
    Has #634 been shipped yet?

13. gugman
    #177 , nothing yet

14. St3ven
    Hi, please do you think, that the AP200 would be a good source for the HD 6xx? I am looking for a DAP, that I could use as a primary source, but I am quite on a budget.. Does the AP200 have enough power to drive them well? :) thank you :)

15. CactusPete23
    For me it's enough power/volume, especially on high gain.

St3ven likes this.