New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Sep 30, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #991 of 2,616
Yes that is true enough i forgot about the holidays.

i have amended above post of mine seems it is a charger issue it does not like samsung or lg phone chargers fast charge etc

That isn't unusual as different manufacturers use different voltages and amperage for fast charging. Despite claims of compataility, I try not to mix chargers or cords. I messed up a phone doing that. A 1 volt 2 amp charger is generally safe for most devices, but cords don't seem to be universal to me. Despite the delay in release, Hidizs seems to be performing very much above the norm for crowdfunded DAP's. I still don't trust crowdfunding after my experience with Echobox, but these guys seem solid. If the release of the device is delayed by a month by the Golden Week, that beats what I experienced by about a year and a half. I might sound like a fanboy but am not, I never ask for or would want a "review sample", as many do here. Was never a fan of Hidizs as I prefer more established makers, but I like what this company is doing. If the device is solid, I plan to purchase at full retail price as it is very reasonable.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #992 of 2,616
That isn't unusual as different manufacturers use different voltages and amperage for fast charging. Despite claims of compataility, I try not to mix chargers or cords. I messed up a phone doing that. A 1 volt 2 amp charger is generally safe for most devices, but cords don't seem to be universal to me. Despite the delay in release, Hidizs seems to be performing very much above the norm for crowdfunded DAP's. I still don't trust crowdfunding after my experience with Echobox, but these guys seem solid. If the release of the device is delayed by a month by the Golden Week, that beats what I experienced by about a year and a half. I might sound like a fanboy but am not, I never ask for or would want a "review sample", as many do here. Was never a fan of Hidizs as I prefer more established makers, but I like what this company is doing. If the device is solid, I plan to purchase at full retail price as it is very reasonable.

Xiaomi Mi Max 2 charger works just fine with everything I have

I did not follow Echobox at all, so I have no idea how that went, but Hidizs are going really well if you ask me. My DAP collection is too big to be the fanboy of any company, I just like to write about all of them nowadays. Picture for proof, and because some might be wondering how AP200 looks like, in comparison to other recent and well-renown DAPs

LWZU6Ps.jpg

Sep 30, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #993 of 2,616
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 charger works just fine with everything I have

I did not follow Echobox at all, so I have no idea how that went, but Hidizs are going really well if you ask me. My DAP collection is too big to be the fanboy of any company, I just like to write about all of them nowadays. Picture for proof, and because some might be wondering how AP200 looks like, in comparison to other recent and well-renown DAPs

LWZU6Ps.jpg

Haha, you win... I only have 2 DAPs (M1 ans M2s). I would like an Android based DAP that would allow me to stream music. If I could get an Andoid based DAP the size of the Shanling M2s, I'd be satisfied.

Sep 30, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #994 of 2,616
Haha, you win... I only have 2 DAPs (M1 ans M2s). I would like an Android based DAP that would allow me to stream music. If I could get an Andoid based DAP the size of the Shanling M2s, I'd be satisfied.

Woah, I imagine that browsing something so small would be a bit complicated if it were Android based. AP200 is the smallest Android-based DAP I have at the moment (the one in the center) :darthsmile:

Sep 30, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #995 of 2,616
Woah, I imagine that browsing something so small would be a bit complicated if it were Android based. AP200 is the smallest Android-based DAP I have at the moment (the one in the center) :darthsmile:
Eh, can't be much different than browsing your music on the M2s or the even smaller M1 DAP, and would be great at the gym and for running (my main use).

Can anyone tell my if the AP200 sports HibyLink like the Shanling M2s? If a small Android DAP supported HibyLink that would be even better.

Sep 30, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #996 of 2,616
Eh, can't be much different than browsing your music on the M2s or the even smaller M1 DAP, and would be great at the gym and for running (my main use).

Can anyone tell my if the AP200 sports HibyLink like the Shanling M2s? If a small Android DAP supported HibyLink that would be even better.

AP200 supports most features of Hiby and what isn't supported yet is supposed to come to AP200 :darthsmile:

EDIT::: At this moment, Hiby sees AP200 as RK3188 on Mi Max 2, but it doesn't connect yet. I have a feeling that this will be solved via a firmware upgrade, but until then I can't say anything else.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2017 at 3:18 AM Post #998 of 2,616
Judging by Hidizs' last official post we likely wont see anything until the end of October at best. But it's encouraging to see them make progress!

one or even two months delays are ok with me, man I experienced some serious delays like 7-8 months and even a year with some other manufacturers , so i am totally cool with that :wink:

Oct 3, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #1,000 of 2,616
I am sure you'll be deligthed by AP200 - Hidizs is working hard on it and they keep improving it! There is another software update right after the corner, they are doing tons of efforts to bring good working DAPs to their fans - and I love to see this.

Following everything they promised, everything seems to work well so far :darthsmile:

:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

Oct 3, 2017 at 4:40 AM Post #1,001 of 2,616
I’m actually ok with them taking a little extra time to get it right... software/hardware...

I’m just annoyed with myself for taking so long getting into this stuff, because if I had, I probably would have had an other HiFi DAP to use while I was waiting for this one :wink:

I am enjoying the FLAC playback over the MP3 on the iPhone in the meantime.

Oct 3, 2017 at 6:14 AM Post #1,002 of 2,616
I’m actually ok with them taking a little extra time to get it right... software/hardware...

I’m just annoyed with myself for taking so long getting into this stuff, because if I had, I probably would have had an other HiFi DAP to use while I was waiting for this one :wink:

I am enjoying the FLAC playback over the MP3 on the iPhone in the meantime.

iPhone plays FLAC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back